Character Questionnaire

Comments

• edited September 2014
    honestly Malorn wasn't entirely truthful about everything(some times openly, sometimes not), I kinda regret not doing the IC and OOC thing now, but I'm not motivated enough to redo it.

I go dormant too often/don't accomplish anything big enough for anyone to care about me anyway.
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Yup, this one is IC, maybe a bit too IC.

Do you, or did you, have any role models?
    The old hermit that saved my life in the Black forest, and raised me as his son. No, I don't know his name. He never spoke and passed to Thoth's domain, around my 18th birthday, he has not returned.

How do you generally treat others?
    With Respect.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
    My work on Neutrality and getting it publish in libraries across Achaea.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
    A healthy forest.

What is your dream occupation?
    None, being a Druid is not an Occupation, it's a way of life.

What is your most treasured possession?
    I have no treasured possessions, I live a simple life.

Where do you travel to most often, and why?
    I travel where I'm needed, so I don't really keep track of this.

When and where were you the happiest?
    Right here, right now.

What is your most marked characteristic?
    My eyes. They are completely black. No, I'm not blind, they are simply black. No, I don't know why, so please stop asking.

What is it that you most dislike?
    Ashtan or Mhaldor, they change places regularly.

What is your greatest fear (may be a little spoiler-y? You can omit, of course)?
    The destruction of forests.

What is your greatest extravagance?
    During the reckoning, I bought a shirt to help me deal with the cold. I don't normally spend gold on things that aren't strictly necessary.
    But I hated shivering all the time so I got the shirt just to take the bite out of the wind.

Who do you most despise?
    Ayoxele, his exterminations p... leave me vexed. He's a f... retarded a... Yes, I despise the bastard!

What is your greatest regret?
    The loss of two of my written works. My research and writing on the subject of Neutrality consisted of three volumes. Only the first was published broadly. The second and third volumes are now lost to me, although I know that the third volume has survived in part, in at least one library in Achaea, a library I don't have access too.
    The second was entitled: "Good, Evil and Beyond."
    The third was entitled: "Truth of Balance."
    If you see them and are able to copy them in their entirety, I'd be very grateful if you would supply me with copies.
    Each of the living gods, at the time of publishing, received a copy. Yes, even Lord @Sartan.

Which talent would you most like to have?
    The divine ability to create forests and jungles

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
    My lack of courage. Yes, I'm a coward, I know it. I'm not proud of it.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
    Lack of respect for Nature.

What do you most value in your friends?
    Courage

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
    There are no virtues that are overrated, many people over emphasise specific virtues though.

On what occasions do you lie?
    When the lie protects Nature.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
    The word: Right. I use it way to often to indicate that I'm ready to continue an action or discussion.
    I also sigh a lot, even when I'm not in the company of others.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
    I'd love to be just a bit more courageous, a little more heroic, a little more daring.

How would you like to die?
    In the arms of Gaia, right after destroying the last of either Mhaldor or Ashtan. I don't really care which, as long as it's the last of both of them.

Describe a typical dream you might have.
    Serving Gaia at a picknic in my grove, on a beautiful spring morning.

Describe your worst nightmares.
    Suffering Gaia's disfavour, being cast from the Druid house and being forcefully severed from my grove. Under these conditions, existence would be dark indeed.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Daeir said:

Stubbornness, or getting defensive when the truth makes one uncomfortable.

(He is very likely to respond with dry, scathing remarks to unyielding people. Often very insulting and demeaning towards stubborn individuals, and will actively work to see their efforts diminished if possible.)
    This makes a lot of sense, now. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Shirszae said:
    Tillie said:

Character questionnaire: 

[...]

Selflessness.

[...]

Selflessness. Sacrifice.

Excuse me while I laugh. A lot. <3

• Tillie said:

Character questionnaire: 

Rolemodels? Oh, yes, a lot. Probably more than I could possibly list...

Um, I hope kindly. Politely? Honestly, people sort of scare me, so probably that.

Graduating the jewellery path in the Virtuosi, I think. Maybe? Or becoming an aide to the ministry of trade in Cyrene. My jewellery license? I do not know. I have not really done much.

Being happy. I am not sure I understand the question

Oh, um, I cannot tell you that. It is a secret.

My journal. I do not really own much.

I spend a lot of time in Cyrene, but that is home, so it is not really travelling, is it? I guess... Moghedu? I spend a lot of time there for extracting. But I find myself in Caer Witrin or Hashan often to. Ashtan quite a bit. Um... can I say everywhere? Is that an okay answer?

I do not really know.

People seem to notice I am shy pretty quickly, so probably that?

People hurting my friends and family.

What is your greatest fear (may be a little spoiler-y? You can omit, of course)?
    My father finding me. Or being bad.

I have a bell that I bought for no reason. I just think it sounds pretty. I only buy the small cheap one though. I do not want to waste my gold.

Who do you most despise?
    Myself, maybe? I do not really... despise people. I think.

Running away from father. 

I would really be okay with any talent. Something artistic would be nice. Or a good talent for helping people. That would be nice too.

Mostly everything, I guess.

Not being happy? I think everyone should be happy.

My friends.

Patience? I am not very good at waiting.

Does not saying something count as a lie? I mean, if I was ever asked, I would tell, but sometimes I do not tell things without being asked. Is that lying?

I use um a lot, I think? Come to think of it, I say I think a lot. I apologize a lot, too. I have been told that.

Everything? Nothing? I dislike myself, but my friends like me, so if I changed I may not have my friends or family. So why would I change?

I would not.

I turned back to go to father and the pygmies never came.

Being alone. Being bad. 

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness

To those I doesn't know I am quiet and respectful. To those who have irked me in some way, stern. Friendly I am open, and sometimes a bit silly. Close, I speak my mind, and hold them in the highest esteem.

Knighthood

Standing before a mural in Cyrene, next to @Kardal‌ .

Minister of Security, or Shield Lord. Anything that serves the city and house.

Kidlett, my faithful companion goat kid. He keeps my spirits up, and his training keeps me occupied when I have something better to do.

I often travel to Clockwork, because it intrigues me, all the different, man-made creatures. Recently, though, I've traveled often to Tuar, and seek to solve the mystery there.

The happiest day.. I remember was the day I received my Accolade, and the shortly after a wedding. Oh! But prior to that my first son @Lytwig was confirmed by the bloodline registry.

My Red hair and sense of duty. At least I hope it is. It may actually be that I'm short.

I dislike when women, or men for that matter, would rather lay on their backs for valuables or coin than hunt, or fish, or attempt combat. It shows a remarkable lack of self respect and respect for others.
    I also dislike it when people try and force me to eat sweets because they think that is all I do.

Letting my city or house down. Cyrene is my home, I shall take care of her till my hand may raise no more. Shield is my hope for the future, and I will defend the house until my last breath. To let either of them down will break my heart.

This perfume necklace I bought this one time. I always have it on me. Just because I wear heavy armour does not mean I have to smell like it.

Who do you most despise?
    No one- I am sad for those who have hurt Cyrene, my family, my friends or myself. I do not trust a few people, but it does not make me despise them.

Allowing a young man to use and abuse me for a long time, and taking so long to finally put my foot down and say 'no more'.

Oh, I suppose playing the lyre might be a nice talent, maybe singing.

I am quiet, and introspective. I am also terribly formal to people I do not know fairly well, and often times I am considered bitchy, or people think I do not wish their company. Which is to day, I would like to get to know more people.

Dishonesty and laziness. As a Knight I always speak the truth, it is my oath, those who lie to me or fool me are not those who I wish to associate with. Being unwilling to work on yourself or for anything else also gives me less desire to seek you out as a companion in friendship. Also, "half-assing" does not constitute as working hard.

Honesty and intelligence, both are what I surround myself with. I also value their smiles, even if a few of them are very hard to find at times.

Nonviolence. There may be those who choose the path to never harm anything, ever, but they will not defend themselves and they will not defend others. There will always be a need to be 'violent' to defend, least you become cattle to the slaughter.

Never. Even when it comes to "harmless lies". Even the smallest lie can affect everyone around you. "Does this gown make my hips look too big?" The gown is unbecoming, perhaps try a color more suited for your complexion, blue almost always works.

Well...
    Enough.
    Gremlins (code for Ninja needs me)
    Paperwork. (sometimes also code for Ninja, but more often than not means something got messed up and I have to fix it.)

My ability to jump into the arena and learn combat easily. It's non existent, and aggravates me far too much.

Not often... oh. You mean die, die. Having lived many years, and married to my love for that much more. With my grandchildren's grandchildren grown and my heart full of the life I chose to lead.

I would have to rest to dream, and dreams are rare when there is much work to be done.

Forgetting what I am in the middle of doing and having to start over.

• Malorn said:
    Answering as Malorn IC.

Yes. My mentor, @Sachiel before he went dormant, @Morro ditto.

That greatly depends on the circumstances, that said, I suppose I try for kindness and respect generally.

I have yet to achieve anything of note, and when I do, I am unlikely to tell anyone outside of the occultists.

Perfection is an unattainable dream for most, even if in a single thing. Doubly so for such an ephemeral concept as "happiness"

Other than being an occultist? I suppose I would not mind opening a shop someday.

... friendship.

Cyrene. I can't stand the culture, and find their arbitrary rejection of all occultists as citizens rather strange for people who claim to value respect, as well as their rejection of the orders of a list of several gods even as they threaten to eject anyone who so much as disrespects ANY divine.

...But the people are nice enough, and the city is pretty. mmm. Now if only they could actually defend the place.

Why do you keep asking me about happiness? What is that even supposed to really mean, I wonder.

I suppose I am a rather suspiciously nice and soft-spoken Occultist... Make of that what you will.

A rather large quantity of my fellow sirens. Specifically the ones who seem unable to keep their clothing on for more than a few minutes.

That it will all be for naught.

Practical expense: My shield of absorption.
    Other than that? Probably my purchases of tea and alcohol.

Who do you most despise?
    I do not make enemies so easily and have not been active in the realms again for all that long. There are a great many people who irritate me greatly, most of whom are Mhaldorians or Shala- erm, Targossans, but no one whom I would really say I despise as of yet.

Thirty years ago I suppose it would have been @Guy. The insolent backstabbing cowardly brat.

My dormancy.

Reading others emotions better.

I apologize too much.

Willful ignorance.

That is a rather difficult question to answer. Apologies, I think that I will just leave it at that.

Faith.

The very sentence which I am currently uttering is a lie.

My apologies. mmm. Hmmm. *smiles softly*

My mortality for divinity.

I would really rather not but... mmm. I suppose something that furthers occultic knowledge would be good enough. Bonus points if it sinks Targossas or does something entertaining to a priest or two in the process as I go out. I think so small I know.

No.

No.
    Yay! Your welcome!
  • GuyGuy
    edited October 2014

That one awesome Runewarden of Targossas who is a boss.

Distantly.

Surviving raids when I have no clue what is actually going on.

Loving all things and all people genuinely and compassionately, or lots and lots of puppies.

Retired owner of a small bar/surf shop on the coast while living off of my investments and raising an awesome family with tons of pets.

My guitar.

Targossas, to talk with friends.

Laughing and sailing with friends.

I'm outspoken.

Sadism.

Dying a painless, meaningless death.

A plain black shirt.

Who do you most despise?

Nobody.

None.

The ability to love everyone and everything genuinely and express it in earnest and be the best fighter ever.

I wish I was more organized.

Hatred.

Loyalty.

Chastity.

When the pros outweigh the cons.

No.

I would try and be more joyous and loving.

I want to give my life to save another.
  • JeslynJeslyn United States
    I do, but I’d rather not say. He already knows who he is.

I generally try to make people feel valued and important, even if they are a stranger. Sometimes people give off “don’t talk to me” vibes, which I try to respect.  I say try because I’ve been known to not read the vibes and grace them with my presence anyways.

Finding a partner that understands my virtues and not only accepts, but also embraces them for what they are.

Spending time with friends and not getting robbed while doing so.

It would be service to my city and if that does not work out… a zoo keeper. Animals don’t judge me.

I have so many materialistic ones, but I’d like to say my amulet.

My most often would be Targossas. They have a lovely tavern there where I’ve met some of the most interesting people. I’d like to say I go for the temples...but that would not be honest.

I am quite young, so I have not had many remarkable moments. However, the one that sticks in my mind would be in the chapel in Cyrene. While I usually go there for solitude, my partner confessed his intentions towards me there which I accepted.

My smile... even when people are pissing me off.

I dislike chaos as I enjoy having harmony in my environment. I also hate being alone because it makes me feel like I won’t be able to control my thought processes.

My greatest fear would be letting a friend down. It stresses me out when someone is disappointed in me.

I spend quite a few coins on fashion… and drinks.

Who do you most despise?
    I despise people who beat around the bush. Just tell me what you really think and no one will get hurt.

I luckily have none at this moment.

I’d like to say I want more talent in combat. I fail at it.

My selflessness has caused me more problems than benefits.

I hate arrogance in a person, but do not mistake that for me hating pride or confidence. Arrogance is selfishness that rears its ugly head and tries to diminish the skills and abilities of others.

Genuineness. I don’t really care how weird they are as long as they don’t try to put on another mask.

Peace.

I would lie to protect a friend. I’ve done it before.

Ahh... I see.

My sensitivity as I take too much to heart.

Who likes thinking about that?!

My dreams take the form of different shades of color in my mind. I don’t really remember them.

Children.
  • Nim said:
    [spoiler]

@Iocun.

I try to be benevolent, but I still don't understand what this means. Honestly, I treat most people coldly, ehe... it's no wonder I don't have many friends!

Helping create Lifeless Sun. Someday, when I defeat Iocun, it'll become that instead.

Impossible to achieve, even by divine hands... though perhaps m'Lady comes closest.

Being m'Lady's blade.

My own blade, Lifeless Sun.

Centre Crossing, 'cause it has benches.

In the heat of battle.

Apparently green hair is rare or something. Probably that.

Adventurers. Most of them are mass murdering scum, and don't even recognize the fact.

During the Bal'met war, I feared for m'Lady's life, but moreso, I was afraid of being unable to do anything about it... it turned out both fears were wrong in the end, as most are.

Ice cream... 'til Cyrene stopped selling it. Later, scarfs, though they don't sell many of those either.

Who do you most despise?

Didn't you ask this already?

It's not that I regret waiting so long to tell Iocun... I just regret standing near him so silently before doing so.

Being m'Lady's blade, versed in sharpness of all sorts - of wit, combat, tongue, and more.

That I am weak.

That they crush others to shed their own weakness.

I don't care if they fight well, but I don't think I could become someone's friend without facing them in battle on a regular basis.

A virtue that can be overrated is merely just a lie under another name.

Never - especially not now.

I used to have a nervous laugh that I did a lot. Does that count?

Only one thing? I would allow myself to change infinitely more thereafter, so that I can follow my heart's whim and m'Lady's word.

This is a silly question, and you're a silly person for asking it.

Describe a typical dream you might have / your worst nightmares.

I don't sleep.

[/spoiler]
    I tried to word it how she would, but it's also been a few months since I've played her, so oh well!
    All I can think of when reading this:
    3a1gif

• edited December 2014
    ^This guy

EDIT: *Guy
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Sarapis said:
    No. I spent a really long time being the only thing in existence, so I learned to value Me for who I am. I won't let the haters harsh My vibe. I'm the God of Everything damn it!

Like marionettes. I also occasionally kick people out of the universe to start their own (see Varian).

Reality.

Finally fixing this @#$^@ Fire Behind the Flame. It's really boring out here by Myself. 

I'm living it.

It's a toss-up. I'm quite fond of the Black Boar, but I also love My grey robes. 

Before that asshole Bal'met tried to destroy My stuff, it was the Garden. These days, I don't travel anywhere. I hope to rectify that in the future. I could use a nice beach vacay that involves drinks with little umbrellas.

Probably when I was Proteus, before the Chaos Wars. I was both omnipotent and not. Good times. So much mischief and shenanigans.

My grey robes, or possibly being the Creator of All. 

Mushrooms. Why?

That I might actually be more awesome than I already am. *boom* Mind blown, right?

I got that second rock for my cave.

Who do you most despise?
    @Lorielan. Or maybe @Sartan. Fuck that guy's abs. So jealous. 

Hmm. Choosing such a flamboyant colour for My robes. Or possibly allowing Phaestus to create dwarves. I'm not sure.

I already have all the talents, although I'll admit that my karaoke skills are a bit lacking. I wouldn't laugh if I were you though. I get a little zap-y. 

I really don't think such a stupid question deserves an answer.

Not trying. "Dreams of Divine Lands," people. Give it your all.

Divinity.

Trying too hard. Come on, stop making the rest of us look bad.

Being God, My words are both true, untrue, and kinda-sorta true all of the time, 60% of the time. 

"@Makarios, did you fall asleep at your keyboard AGAIN?"

Hahaha. Come on.

I can't die, but if I could, I suppose it'd be while sitting in my favorite cave, and staring at that spot on the wall I always liked. Simple pleasures.

I don't sleep. You do though, I bet, which is one reason you're not the Creator.

Ditto, but if you mean My worst fears, they typically involve walking in on some mortals having really unfortunate mudsex. Terrifying and disturbing.
    This is the single greatest thing of all time. Of. All. Time!