Favorite Achaean possession

Comments

• edited September 2014
    I am! Out of pure curiosity... why?
  • Just a personal thing really. I think so many people have tried hard to take the "idiot" factor away from being a Jester in Achaea, that the blackjack you have there just made me wince a little.

I'm all for "different" though, and that certainly goes against the norm of customisations being "Awesome Gold Encrusted Blackjack of wonder"

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Huh... One of my designs is in here. Neat.

As for Daslin's most treasured thingies?

an electrum medallion engraved with a silver wing

This medallion bears the hallmarks of the finest electrum, and is crafted in the city of Arcadia. 
    Forged into the shape of an oval, the front face of the medal bears a wing made from silver, its 
    details so fine that each individual feather has unique marking etched into the metal. A blue cord 
    loops itself through the top of the medallion, made from pressed fish scales and studded with 
    sapphires along its length.
    It weighs about 2 pounds and 4 ounce(s).

Aaand... his pendant, which I won't be showing, because tl;dr.

oh, and.

A set of dark, dwarven steel fullplate.

Forged from heavy dwarven steel, this set of fullplate armour is of the highest possible quality, 
    blackened through oil tempering. Each piece has been painstakingly hammered to fit the man wearing 
    it, every plate interlocking with the next, so only small glimpses of gleaming chainmail show 
    through. The chestplate has been beautifully acid-etched to depict a fierce battle of a bear and a 
    warrior. Resting across the pauldrons, silvered and white ice-bear pelts have been sewn into a 
    strong, warm mantle, held tight to the armour by way of two gilded leather straps crossing the body 
    and buckling in the front. Thick pads of dark leather are strapped about the elbows, ending just 
    inches from the sable gauntlets. Brief glimpses of teal can be seen between the shifting plates of 
    blackened steel, betraying the gambeson that hides beneath. Trimmed in runes of pale silver thread, 
    the cloth falls down to the calves, while the front remains open to expose the chainmail wrapping 
    the wearer's legs.
    It weighs about 180 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Daslin.

The accompanying helm.

A blackened steel helm.

Made from heavy blackened steel, this helm carries the scars of countless battles past. The marks of 
    deflected swords and arrows cross back and forth over its surface, but the piece as a whole is very 
    much intact. A sweeping crest adorns the dome, denoting a high-ranking warrior, both sides of it 
    heavily etched with runes. Prominently etched above the narrow opening of the visor, a fearsome bear 
    and knight engage in deadly combat.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 14 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Daslin.

talk about tl;dr.
  • @Datrius‌ That mask looks awesome, but I just can't get past the "an" gleaming obsidian mask.

:(
  • ValentinusValentinus Los Angeles, CA
    I don't really have much yet that has any sentimental value to me, but there was something I'd been wanting for a while in game and @Ziva found one and bought it for me for Val's birthday a couple weeks back.

Inventory:  a counting frame
    Dropped:  A frame of black wood rests on the ground, holding several lines of red beads.
    Examined:  Lacquered black wood forms a small, square frame, with a miniature scroll rolled 
    along one side. Nine parallel steel wires stretch across the square's centre, 
    each wire bearing nine red-painted beads that are easily pushed along the metal 
    holding them in place. The current alignment of pieces represents the number 0.

So yeah, it's an abacus (although I dunno why it wasn't named that way).

When I'm old and have nothing better to spend credits on, I'll get one customized because they're so useful in an RP sense.  I always found it weird when someone was like, "okay I want x amount of potash, y amount of vitality and z amount of everything else" and then I'm like "okay".

Awkward pause.

"That'll be x amount of gold, please."

I take commissions.
  • My kris.

This blade has been attuned to the Divine essence of Lupus, Wild God of the Beasts.
  • I had a lovely glowing lily that I got from Pentharian and @Silas when I was Imperiate, but it was deemed a historical artefact and I passed it to @Verrucht when I left. So Verrucht would have to post up the description if he wanted to.

Right now, my staff would be the only item that qualifies, I think. (I posted it previously, but I'll put it up again here.)

A long, ceremonial blade of watered steel surmounts a length of ebony wood strengthened by efreeti's fire, combining elegance and ferocity into a flawless elementalist's staff. Tempered for strength and precision as a magical focus, the curved blade glows with a nearly imperceptible luminescence that emphasises the intricate ripples of the watered steel. Embedded vertically along the back of the blade are four priceless gems: a sapphire, a ruby, an emerald, and a diamond. The staff is almost six feet tall and warm to the touch. Oiled and worn by a sure grip, the ebony shaft ends in a marble shod surrounded by a band of gold engraved with stylistic runes. Masterfully wrought, this staff is an elegant companion for the practical elementalist.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Two things, really. The obvious one!

While this hammer would be fairly useless as a weapon, it clearly is designed well for forging. The
    heft and balance of it are just right for pounding the defects out of a suit of full plate armour,
    or shaping the razor-edge of a Delosian bastard sword.
    It weighs about 2 pounds and 0 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Valdus.
    It will reset to you.

Lulz. But seriously, I'd probably say this. Haven't had a chance to roleplay out why Valdus wears it (I've gone so far to set up a script that changes his description when he wears/removes it) since nobody has really asked yet, but there's plenty of time for that later.

- a faceless steel mask

The craftsmanship in this polished steel mask is plain to see upon closer inspection. The steel has
    been carefully buffed to a mirror shine. The interior of the mask has been lined with silk, dyed the
    same colour as the steel, allowing the mask to be worn comfortably. A faint rise in the material
    denotes the location of the wearer's nose and two small eye slits allow them to see, albeit with
    reduced peripheral vision.

Viva la Bluef.
  • I forgot something... This was my fullplate when I was Knighted. @Phaestus stole it for like a week before the actual ceremony and gave it back. I did the design and such, but the fact that I got to role play it a bit and had to be without my good fullplate for over a RL week made it all the more better.

a lady knight's suit of full plate armour

Forged from the finest steel, this suit of full plate armour has been tempered to a brilliant silver that shines blue in the available light. The exquisite forging and cut of the many layers of lightweight, flexible steel perfectly frames the slender physique of a lady knight. Engraved grooves mark the left forearm of the armour in the shape of the gebu and gebo runes, a permanent reminder of their typical sketching place, while a full array of runes gleams artfully beside. At the left pauldron, a stylised rose in bright crimson breaks the monotony of the steel, while at the right pauldron is the outline of a spider, busy at work spinning its web. Carefully knitted padding lines the interior of the suit of armour, allowing it to weigh more comfortably upon the body.
    Engraved on it are the words:

Valnurary 15th, 611

It weighs about 180 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Trilliana.

(The date engraved was the date of the Accolade)
    meh

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    edited September 2014
    Zii said:
     a hooked length of chain

Exquisitely wrought links are interconnected to form this long chain. Tiny barbs protrude from the 
    meticulously polished rings, gleaming in their eagerness to taste flesh and blood. Upon either end 
    of the shackle resides a sinister hook, the curved, razor-sharp edge bearing deep crimson stains, 
    the only blemish upon the otherwise cool, polished steel.
    It weighs 8 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Zii.
    It will reset to you.

You are now wearing a hooked length of chain.
    The chain nestles itself tightly against your skin, slithering around your forearm. Droplets of 
    blood splatter onto the floor as the barbs on its links bite sharply into your bare flesh. Finally, 
    the shackle stops its movement, the hooks on either end poised to pierce flesh at any moment.

You remove a hooked length of chain.
    A hooked length of chain tears at your skin as the shackle unravels, before finally falling slack in 
    your arms, slick with blood.

The readied end of a hooked length of chain rends into your skin, flaying off a strip of flesh that 
    it holds taut, revealing the glistening muscles normally hidden beneath.

You remove a length of chain pulling back flayed flesh.
    As you try to carefully remove the chain bound around your arm, the hook peeling away your flesh 
    roughly yanks back, ripping off the flayed skin before allowing itself to unwind. Crimson film 
    clings to each link in accompaniment to the flesh clutched tight by the device.

RIP Apollyon
    Dude. I remember that thing. I remember when you had me wear it ha. And then had me use it to string @Kuy up to torture him. That thing is sick.

I will write my fav items soon when I am on my laptop. I have like 6. Why do I need to choose? :(

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Gift from @Xenomorph to recognise Ruth for her service to Mhaldor. Designed by @Aepas and touched up by @Jurixe. It is non-decay.

Appearance
    a tricorne captain's hat

Dropped
    A tricorne pirate captain's hat sits stately upon the ground.

Examined
    Dyed to a rich ebon, the resilient, cool animal felt of this tricorne hat combines utility and aesthetics to complete a dread pirate captain's ensemble. Its three upturned brims combine to direct rain water away from the head, pinned up on either side of the head to produce a triangular shape. The ebony hues emphasise the intense red of the cockade attached to its right side. A distinct hatpin of blackened metal shaped into a clenched fist sits securely within a scarlet and gules rosette that attaches to the cockade. Gold metallic rope shines on the edge of the brim, and a large white plume affixed to the left side lends a touch of flair to this sombre headpiece.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Oddly enough, my favourite Achaean possession is not my pet. I love it, but it's not my favourite (sorry Zilar!)

Personally for me, my favourite thing would be my house, but there are too many rooms to show. Jurixe's favourite thing, on the other hand, is split between this:

Barely an inch long in length, this slender bar of silver forms the main shaft of the arrow. 
    Miniature fletching detail decorates one end of the shaft, while the other end is meant to be slid 
    through the piercing and capped with a triangular, arrowhead-shaped clasp. The simplicity of the design does not detract from the quality of the workmanship, the earring gleaming brightly even in the faintest of light.

and this:

Crafted of fine silver and steel, a thin, argent snake curls over on itself, forming a single loop 
    around the wrist. Its fluidly flowing form shimmers slightly, almost giving the impression that the silver is still molten. Upon closer inspection, a fine, winding pattern of scales has been worked into the metal, resembling a delicate filigree over the snake's length. The head and tail of the snake meet at the top of the wrist, where they have curled over one another, difficult to 
    distinguish save for the small specks of obsidian set into the metal of the snake's eyes.

More for what they represent than the actual crafting, though one of the above was not done by me.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    @Kardal‌
    He's my favorite, tall, looks like a giant troll shaped steel bar, bald.

other than him, would be my goat kid. He's the genetic one that you get with mini pets. But Kerria "trained" him and he responds (sometimes) to her moves or commands. It's a rare time to see Kerria without her kid.
  • @Blujixapug mind posting the descrip for Glimmerfang?
  • the gleaming dirk Glimmerfang

Faintly reflecting available light, a burnished bone-bladed dirk lies here.

Wrenched from the skull of the Wyrm Lord, a tapering, six inch long fang has been polished to a faint lustre and set in a steel handle to form this impressive weapon. Separated from the bone blade by a narrow steel crosspiece, the obsidian-inlaid grip bears the silver embellishment of a sinuous wyrm coiling down the length of the handle. Lightweight and well-balanced, this formidably sharp dirk is a masterpiece of design and craftsmanship.

The name was a little awkward because I assumed I would have to include the noun 'dirk', and couldn't just call it 'Glimmerfang'. I traded it in a while ago.
  • I have too many customized things and I could flood the thread with my own designs, so I'll try to limit that.

First on my list is probably my bazaar mount. I'm reasonably sure it was a one off.

"Hewn roughly, as though an avalanche were gathered up and granted life for its sheer, strange beauty,
     this magnificent beast is captivating and grotesque. Massive, taloned feet support a vaguely feline
    body that sweeps into broad wings patterned with stress fractures and streaked with veins of
    luminous quartz. The tail, scaled and barbed but ground smooth as river stones, moves ponderously,
    producing a soft, rasping scrape. Darker pools of obsidian in the contorted face reveal the mere
    suggestion of eyes beneath heavy brows, and a predatory, avian beak of a nose juts out sharply
    between them, curving over unsettlingly human lips. He is called 'Ambition.'"

Beyond that, the diadem that I made after switching from being Naga. I made it out of the old bow I had, which I seem to have lost the description for. Alas.

"Twisted from splintered lengths of oleander secured to a length of sinew, this diadem barely rests
    atop the head of its wearer. The broken edges reveal the fleshy pulp inside each length, the toxic
    sap still glistening inside. Small strips of snakeskin have been trimmed to add a comfortable lining,
     while the front of the diadem has been adorned with a dried length of skin bearing a blistered
    brand of an escarbuncle encircled by a border."

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Very hard to think of this as one of Tart's "things", or possessions, but rather, something that belongs to someone else, that was entrusted to her to keep safe.

Laertes, the Libram

Laertes floats about in a desultory path, his turns punctuated by slow flexes of his heavily foxed covers.

Hovering, circling in spurts, Laertes is ever in motion. Not directly, not quickly, but always moving, even when hovering near his master's hand. The cover is worn and marked with foxing along what ought to be the bottom - though it is unclear if Laertes actually ever sat on a shelf.

(Yes, he's a pet. Sort of. After a fashion, I guess?)

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    The customisation of mine that I'm most proud of (about 10 years old!)

short:
    an ice-spider amulet

dropped:
    An amulet with a pendant of ice carved into the shape of a small spider glistens here in a pool of crystal-clear water.

Long:
    Dangling from a supremely fine chain of mithril, a small chunk of dark blue ice has been carved into the likeness of a nahar spider, the detail almost impossibly intricate. Small droplets of water periodically coalesce on the pendent before refreezing, giving the impression that the spider is alive and moving. Light refracts off the multifaceted surfaces of the eight minute sapphires of purest blue, set into the ice as if the eyes of the spider.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."