Favorite Achaean possession

Im curious what everyone's favorite possession is in Achaea. Please provide the dropped, inventory, and examined descriptions to share! May be wise to exclude item numbers, etc.

Talysin's blackjack.

Inventory: a tacky blackjack covered in green glitter.
Dropped: A sparkling pile of fabric and green glitter lies here, resembling a blackjack.
Examined: Sparkling brilliantly in any amount of light, this gaudy blackjack is coated in green glitter. Teardrop-shaped, it has a massive head filled with inexpensive lead shot. The handle is sticky and dirty, consisting of a deflated red balloon wrapped tightly around its base. The stitching around the sides is inconsistent and worn, leaving room for pieces of lead shot to fall through. This blackjack was obviously pieced together in a hurry.
It weighs about 1 pounds and 0 ounce(s).

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Can't really decide between my sceptre (which I haven't thought of a good customisation for yet) or my custom bow.

Appearance: a blackened asymmetrical bow
    Dropped: An oddly-shaped bow of blackened wood has been left here.
    Examined: This oddly-shaped bow is expertly fashioned from blackened cherry wood and bamboo laminate. At an imposing seven and a half feet in length when strung, this weapon easily surpasses a regular human's height, yet the material renders it almost as light as a regular bow. Drawing the eye immediately is its irregular curvature. With the grip of the bow positioned at two-thirds of the distance from the upper tip, the resulting shape is that of a bow with a longer upper limb than the lower, allowing for ease of horseback and kneeling forms of archery. A string of ramie fibre joins the two ends of the bow, reverse-twisted to provide extra strength and durability for protracted use. Scattered throughout the length of the bow are small patches of scale-like patterns, some resembling fish scales while others resemble snakeskin, delicately etched into the wood with silver leaf.

Appearance: a Sceptre of Renewal
    Dropped: A Sceptre of Renewal has been cast aside here.
    Examined: Carved from a single branch of deadfall and no longer than two feet in length, this sceptre displays conflicting dual properties. One end is clean and fresh, its surface polished until the grain shines through in rings of gold and tan. The opposite end, however, is dull and dead, showing no colour other than varying shades of grey, where flakes chip freely away from the gnarled surface.
    It is fully charged, pulsing faintly with life.
    Function: Can be used to fully cure someone else of all afflictions (certain afflictions excluded, can't use it on yourself), takes 2 Achaean days to recharge.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Hrm, from a RP standpoint, that'd be this little thing 

the mark of the Silver wing

Made of lustrous silver, this mark rests upon the back of your left hand, burned into the flesh permanently and scarring the surrounding skin. Warm to the touch, the metal is flexible like quicksilver and allows the hand ligaments to flex and grip without being restricted. The mark depicts the wing of a condor, fully spread with each flight-feather fully detailed down to the individual barbs. The mark serves as a symbol of office for the champion of the Skylord's order.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    RIP Conquering Waves. :(
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Anedhel's destrier, Roheryn. Bonus points if you catch the reference (Yes, I'm -that- shameless).
  • I really love all the pieces I found for Tillie to wear, and the descriptions people wrote up - but come to think of it, she doesn't have any really momento-esque possessions (Lost Salvation certainly would've been, but ...*weep*)

...Now I want to make well-worn dance shoes or something. 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I might have to steal "enshrined" for something in the near future, @Shirszae.

Please don't hit me.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • For a long time I had an arrow that a Naga shot at me in the Revolution days in an attempt to assassinate Flair. @Santar stole it from me. Now I've got nothing.
  • Flair said:
    For a long time I had an arrow that a Naga shot at me in the Revolution days in an attempt to assassinate Flair. @Santar stole it from me. Now I've got nothing.
    Man, fuck that guy.
  • Talysin said:
    Flair said:
    For a long time I had an arrow that a Naga shot at me in the Revolution days in an attempt to assassinate Flair. @Santar stole it from me. Now I've got nothing.
    Man, fuck that guy.

Nah, Santar brings a sense of excitement and danger to the game that is fun. I should have had selfishness up :)
  • I was just being a general bandwagoner :P. Was for lulz!
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Talysin said:
    Talysin's blackjack.
    Dunn said:
    "medalxxxx"                           a silver medal with crossing swords
    Jhui said:
    staffxxx            the Staff of Nicator
    We already know Dunn and Jhui might be a hot topic - but Talysin should probably join A-Team to complete the tri-fecta. Ya'll can then bop, touch staffs, and cross swords all you want. I didn't mention earrings because 5 sets are automatically assigned to all new A-Team members.
  • Gaia said:
    I got very excited by the title of this thread, thinking I was about to stumble onto a collection of Achaea's most famous (for all the wrong reasons) possession stories.
    We should totally make this happen too.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Oh man @Ourania, I remember that little series of things happening with you and Nerry when Kastalia died and he was about to bit, and you two wove in that constellation. That was beautiful.

All the feels. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    To see not one, but two, of my designs in this thread really makes me happy. I really love the craft/creating aspect of things in Achaea, and knowing that I've had a positive effect on other players' and their memories pleases me to no little end.

... as for what my favorite(s) is(are), well...
    You have 663 items and no gold.

It's gonna take me awhile to sort through this crap.

• While not overly special... my favorite things were from Lady Selene's Order

a clear crystal pendant

The transparent depths of this heavy crystal pendant contain a delicate web. It draws the eye to its intricate twists and turns of spider's silk, fascinating the beholder with its beautiful simplicity. Hanging upon the thin threads are glistening drops of dew from a long ago misty morning, frozen in time beneath the smooth surface. The name 'Selene' is etched in a feminine, flowing script near the bottom of the crystal, signifying the Love that She feels for each of Her children.

And this was something Naomh and Selene worked on together (There's one planted at Trilli's fishing spot because @Phaestus was awesome and consoling after Selene got smushed)

a silver-dusted selily

Each of the six white petals of this exotic flower shimmer as if dusted by magic. A faint sheen of silver speckles over the delicate blossom as the petals curl back on themselves in full bloom. At the centre of the flower, three stamen jut proudly out, tipped in striking black, and the selily, like its name-sake, is a beautiful sight to behold.

The only other things that I would mention would be the engagement ring and wedding band @Yerf designed for Trilli, they're perfect :)
    meh

• EldEld
    edited September 2014
    The obvious:
    Brave Heart

Forged from a crimson-tinged alloy of the finest steel and copper, this blade exhibits a slight curve along its length, accentuated by a runed groove carved into the metal. The thick tang is encased by a grip of red leather in an intricate cross-hatch pattern. Rounding off the grip is a square pommel fashioned from sapphire, affording perfect balance to this masterfully crafted weapon.                             
    At the base of the blade is a thin band of unknown metal that suffuses the sword with a soft icy glow.        

For custom stuff, I don't have much, but probably most fond of said sword's home:

a lacquered ebony scabbard with silver inlay            

Crafted of fine ebony finished with a smooth layer of lacquer, this scabbard is curved in the Kashari style to accommodate the blade of a Blademaster. Silver inlay decorates its throat: on one side, a lotus blossom with three petals falling down the scabbard's length, on the other side, a waxing crescent moon with three stars. A polished steel dragon encases the tip; its head and neck stretch up the outside of the scabbard's curve while its tail and wings wrap around to enclose the scabbard's length.

• For coming in dead last at an archery contest that Clementius held a LONG time ago. I was the only person who participated that didn't have Chivalry or Subterfuge (was a Druid). Clementius blamed the arrow.

A crooked arrow.

This finely carved arrow bears a distinctive curve along its length which renders it quite useless 
    as a projectile. Feathers bound with cat-gut comprise its fletching, and sharpened steel its head.
    It has 15 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 8 ounce(s).

• The only custom items I have, and it was a gift from a mentor who went well out of her way to teach me.

a Sensei's black linen robes

Crafted from atrous linen, these robes are designed to wrap regally around the well-toned form of a martial artist. The band collar extends halfway up the neck and is trimmed in slender golden piping, which drops downward along the robe's opening to its termination at mid-calf. The wrists are styled with comfortably fitted cuffs while loose sleeves billow around the arms, allowing for comfort without hindering movement and flexibility. The robes fasten shut along the right side of the torso with silk knots the same aurulent hue as the piping, extending from shoulder to waist. Upon the back of the robes, an ornate sragon is embroidered in deep, sanguineous thread, its fearsome head prominent between the wearer's shoulder blades while the body sinuously coils beneath.
    It weighs about 3 pounds and 0 ounce(s).
    It is on the light side, offering some protection from the cold.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Miyada, a retired Stormshaper (a denizen).

think it's just a set of Ashuran robes with non-decay slapped on it, but I honestly don't know. Regardless, it is my most prized possession.
  • @talysin Not a fan of that blackjack, sorry

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."