Celani Call - September 2014

TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
For those who may have missed the news in-game, we're currently accepting applications for our Celani program!

The Celani program serves as a training regime to prepare volunteers to take on the mantle of one of our Gods, shaping the world, and offering near limitless power to craft roleplay scenarios for the rest of the playerbase!

All of the details of the application criteria are listed in ANNOUNCE #4205, but if you have any questions about the program, feel free to post your questions below. If you'd like to ask privately, that's fine too! You can just send me a private message here, or email tecton@achaea.com

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Giving up the emotional and financial investment is a horrible choice.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Mishgul said:
    Giving up the emotional and financial investment is a horrible choice.
    I guess that's why Mortal Builders is a thing, but I haven't seen any applications for that in a while
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited September 2014
    I might as well apply. My characters are all nobodies and I have never bought an artie... p-sure I've got over 500 hours logged though.
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Being a Celani is a -lot- of work and dedication, but it is well worth it when you get to become your chosen God. And don't forget the fun you get to have along the way!

• What kind of work is even expected as a Celani? Hours per week needed, for example.
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    A lot of it is based on your output and dedication. Overall you're looking to do 200 hours bare minimum (as per HELP PROMOTIONS) within a reasonable time, and that is so you can progress up to a Demi. That HELP file explains a lot about what is expected from you (work content wise). To some, it is hard, as the only contact you have is with those in the Garden, but to others it is refreshing and enables them to concentrate on learning without 'noise' around them.

• Are you looking for Celani within a certain time zone?

Also, are you looking for Celani to be online for a certain amount of time per day / week etc? Or is it a case of some of the work can be done offline?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I guess you need to know how to code to join the celani? I have a lot of time but im not too good at coding (yet)
    I have Cerebral Palsy, so it'll take me a bit to learn things so please try to be patient with me.

• Valus said:
    I guess you need to know how to code to join the celani? I have a lot of time but im not too good at coding (yet)
    You also need 500+ hours in-game IIRC.
  • Alrighty then, ill just forget about that lol
    I have Cerebral Palsy, so it'll take me a bit to learn things so please try to be patient with me.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Daeir said:
    How many openings are there for prospective Celani at the moment?

What sort of duties are Celani encouraged to focus/specialize in, if any? Would a Celani dedicated to design approval/customer support (issues)/other administrative work be allowed, or are those duties expected to run naturally alongside whatever other assignments a Celani has been given?

Are Celani permitted to turn down god roles and simply remain Celani if they are comfortable in their current role?
    1) A few - as many as 5 - 6.
    2) Roleplay is the biggest one, but the Celani program provides training in most aspects of administrative duties. We're ideally looking for people to fill some of our dormant gods, as that provides the most impact and reach with players. 
    3) God roles are the Celani's choice - as mentioned above, we'd like people to take on a god role, but we'd consider a behind-the-scenes role if it fills something that we have a need for.

Sobriquet said:
    Are you looking for Celani within a certain time zone?

Also, are you looking for Celani to be online for a certain amount of time per day / week etc? Or is it a case of some of the work can be done offline?
    1) Not especially, but more diversity is always welcome.
    2) There's an expected weekly activity level, which isn't anything crazy, we all realise that celani have real life commitments as well! A good portion of the work can be handled offline, especially things like coming up with, say, item or room descriptions.

Valus said:
    I guess you need to know how to code to join the celani? I have a lot of time but im not too good at coding (yet)
    Not at all! You'll be trained (and have access to a wealth of information) on our scripting language that our team uses to provide AI for denizens and basic items - we've had many Celani that have never done any coding before evolve into really competent programmers!
  • Something I've always been curious to know. I know you're supposed to separate yourself from Achaea and generally drop contact with other Achaeans, but how far does this go?
  • I totally used ICQ!

when I was ten. >_>
  • Holy.. ICQ... I remember those days and Cool. I just need to 500 days ingame or so to apply. maybe next time around.

• edited September 2014
    Would totes apply, but all the mortals would miss Xith too much. ;)

EDIT: Is "totes" grounds for denial of application or can I turn nat swag on?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    This is not an indication of my interest in applying for Celani (totally not going to shelve Ruth, Achaea is so fun as a player) but I'm curious about the answer because of all the past shifting of manpower in between IRE games; If you already so happen to be helping as a volunteer in another IRE game (guiding, mortal builder, potentially more etc), are you still allowed to apply for Celani in Achaea?
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Tecton said:
    Nim said:
    Something I've always been curious to know. I know you're supposed to separate yourself from Achaea and generally drop contact with other Achaeans, but how far does this go?
    Plastic surgery and an identity change.
    Relevant, important question:

Do you use Mickey Rourke's surgeon, or Joan Rivers'?

• well, @Tecton , I don't know if mortal builder is going to be open, the reason i look into it is to polish my building skill and all that. I don't plan to commit to be a celani at the time yet. Since, one of those requirement fir a celani that I should write a flawless english for event planning and the rooms..  :| Of course, that don't mean I am the sloppy writer with no care in the world that make sky fall if should grammar break somewhere in there. :smile:

Just a thought to spill,
    Valaria

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
    Ruth said:
    This is not an indication of my interest in applying for Celani (totally not going to shelve Ruth, Achaea is so fun as a player) but I'm curious about the answer because of all the past shifting of manpower in between IRE games; If you already so happen to be helping as a volunteer in another IRE game (guiding, mortal builder, potentially more etc), are you still allowed to apply for Celani in Achaea?
    For the most part, yeah. If this applies to anyone, just drop me a private message and we can discuss things!
  • edited September 2014
    Ourania said:
    I was promised being shipped to a deserted island, but it didn't happen :(
    That's admin code for "Hashan". Careful what you sign up for bby

Edit:

To contribute: I often consider applying for Celani, unfortunately the God role I wanted died off to Bal'met :(