Housing Servants

First off, love the idea. So far I've just hired a steward, but I'm excited to see all the different aspects of this newest housing update.

What sort of customized servants have you guys put together so far? I've fashioned my steward to be somewhat of an organizer/member of my clan, the Achaean Ornithological Society. Obviously the possibilities for customization are near endless, and I'm eager to see if they add any new types of servants to the list in the near future. 

Comments

• edited September 2014
    If I had a house... would totally get one

edit for brainfart and bad spelling
    meh

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I have a cook. She wanders around my out of subs house in the northern vashnars displacing novices.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Surely some more people have made servants? I am very curious about seeing what people come up with, so post up!

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Arditi said:
    Requesting that we add musicians and vocalists.

I'll buy credits and build a mansion if I can have a room that I can walk into for instant singing of praises.
    I, for one, would like my scantily-clad servantscultist minions to do the Macarena every time I greet them.

• MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Arditi said:

I'll buy credits and build a mansion if I can have a room that I can walk into for instant singing of praises.
    I'm really hoping for a gardener too. :)

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited September 2014
    Masaryk said:
    Arditi said:

I'd love a gardner and a librarian. The more types the more I will end up purchasing though...so conflicted. :C
  • MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Bluef said:
    Masaryk said:
    Arditi said:

I'd love a gardner and a librarian. The more types the more I will end up purchasing though...so conflicted. :C
    Hah, well luckily unlike many other things, they are very reasonably priced!

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Do wandering servants open doors?
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • I don't believe so, at least mine never did!
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Jukilian said:
    Add a door opening option and make Pericles Jr and put him in a house with a hundred doors.
    don't forget the function where he slams them shut behind him!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• So I only have one to test, mess with, sort out some issues and limitations but if I can really get one per room, it seems like Actar is going to have a ton of these awesome guys bopping around. And some on the ship too, I absolutely love this idea.  Finally I can create an honest fan club of halflings!

• Aerek said:
    Do wandering servants open doors?
    From the issue me I put in, no they do not.  

The one trick that confuses me, is that they appear to reset to the room they were purchased in... so I let the silly woman out, she wanders I shut the door and she resets behind it.  Confussssed me.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Yeah, I was wondering about that myself as well. They don't seem to open doors, but they definitely disappear out of the room they get locked in. I'd love for them to just stay in the room if the door is closed (please don't make them open doors).
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

You can order them to follow you, though, and they will stay with you until you either lose them or leave the house. Not the perfect solution, but good enough if you need the reactions of a particular one while in another part of your house.

• Jurixe said:
    Yeah, I was wondering about that myself as well. They don't seem to open doors, but they definitely disappear out of the room they get locked in. I'd love for them to just stay in the room if the door is closed (please don't make them open doors).
    I believe the issue here is that they are tied to the room that you purchase them in, least that is what it really appears to be for me, unless there was something else going on.  

Noting that I was just really careful in setting up my first 4 servants, now I just hope it's true.
    Yes. They reset to the room you bought them in.

• Okay another fair warning as I just noticed this unfortunate turn of events....

Message #3265236        Sent by Meletus
    9/11/14:24 Greetings. In response to your issue #70011: With regards to the enquiry into the door opening activities of the subdivision denizens, luckily, the denizens have all been carefully trained to never open an external door. Let us know if you experience anything to the contrary!

I keep missing keyword details... the keyword here is EXTERNAL.. that means the house that if your in the subs leads to the wilderness, and .. I am assuming out of subs, it means the IN room only. Because this nonsense just happened.

A plump cook opens the door leading out.
    Scurrying on surprisingly nimble feet, a plump cook darts out to the out.

And I suppose it is an -internal- door, but that doesn't help me because some of actar is public for people to enjoy, and .. some is prism proof and private for me to enjoy.  meh.

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited September 2014
    That's really weird because my servants weren't opening any doors - internal or external - before I set them to be stationary. Tharosian Estates is set up with doors on the street (public area) that lead to (private) housing, so I was really grateful for that. If new ones are going to roam around the entire subdivision, including into other people's private residences, I may have to rethink some future planned purchases. 
  • Bluef said:
    That's really weird because my servants weren't opening any doors - internal or external - before I set them to be stationary. Tharosian Estates is set up with doors on the street (public area) that lead to (private) housing, so I was really grateful for that. If new ones are going to roam around the entire subdivision, including into other people's private residences, I may have to rethink some future planned purchases. 

Just to add more information so people are informed and don't make silly decisions based on assumption.

In response to your issue #70036, denizens cannot open a door that has any permissions at all set on it.

So that seems to me like an ideal solution to what was my confusion, and it also seems that it should work for everyone else.

hurray. 

• The real question here is: will it blend?