New Transmutation Skill

I think it's only fair, if Concoctionists can make cactus weed, then alchemists can make gleam. Thoughts?

Comments

• No to gleam, yes to something similar to cactus weed (meaning it should be purely for flavour, no mechanical advantages/disadvantages).
  • Athelas said:
    We don't make cactus weed, we can harvest it. I for one, never do, because it has zero value and no one ever buys it.

Unlike Gleam, cactus weed has no function other than to spam smiley faces. Gleam on the other hand, has verifiable combat use.

Weed seriously has zero application, it's not even used in a single concoction. My understanding is that it was added in as a joke, rather than having any true function.

i.e. Yes, we can harvest weed, no it's useless,
    i.e. Transmutation allowing for the creation of Gleam can not be justified by Concoctions ability to harvest weed.

Also, adding Gleam to transmutation sets the president that alchemists are all evil drug dealers, sending an incredibly skewed message to the player base.

The manufacture of Gleam, in my opinion, is exactly where it should be, within admin managed hands.
    You raise a good point about the weed not having a point, but gleam comes with it's own downside. Also, just cause you HAVE a skill, doesn't mean you have to use it, and I think your whole point there is jumping to a conclusion. That said, it probably is a horrible idea.
  • Athelas said:
    We don't make cactus weed, we can harvest it. I for one, never do, because it has zero value and no one ever buys it.

If you can't sell weed,  you are doing it wrong.  I know a ton of people who buy it
  • I sling that good all the time, and I can't harvest it. Kingpin ya feel me?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    I sling that good all the time, and I can't harvest it. Kingpin ya feel me?
    Can I claim NoT as my own street corner?
  • Darklyre said:
    Atalkez said:
    Sure, long as you pay daddy.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Darklyre said:
    Atalkez said:
    Sorry, no. A few other hookers already working that corner. 
  • Gleam was originally made from orphan body parts, by the way. Make it a random byproduct of butchering, and we can start talking.

• Gleam is its own thing with its own history, related to crime syndicates in Achaea. It should remain separate.

I agree that alchemists should have some kind of weed counterpart. If you can think of something fun and cool that wouldn't be instantly annoying, you should suggest it. That part, the specifics, was where I hit a wall.
  • Honestly, this was a joke.
  • Gleam should only be available through a small, bald man with glasses, and a young, rowdy counterpart.
    *Animated Signature*

• Gleam is its own thing with its own history, related to crime syndicates in Achaea. It should remain separate.

I agree that alchemists should have some kind of weed counterpart. If you can think of something fun and cool that wouldn't be instantly annoying, you should suggest it. That part, the specifics, was where I hit a wall.
    Make it the Achaean equivalent of coke, where outwardly it just makes you twitch occasionally, but whenever you start speaking it starts deleting the spaces from your sentences and makes speak really really quickly.