Achaean Regrets

Comments

• OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Makarios said:
    Ever looking at the weather system.
    Well.. You broke it!

• I regret being so sporadically active for, like, my entire Achaean career. It (combined with just having a hard time interacting with people a lot of the time, but that's related) stifled so many really neat opportunities that I could have had. Sometimes it just feels hard for me to go forward when I get to think about what I could have done.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I regret doing a lot of shit I did in Cyrene. I also regret not joining Ashtan quicker. Oh well, part of life is learning things.
  • I regret pointlessly sinking a few hundred dollars into a character that went nowhere due to constant class switching, decimating my total lessons, making him near unsalavageable without a hefty credit investment. Even if I did, I doubt many people would want to interact with a 230+ year old character without a lick of reputation to his name.

More than that though, I regret giving up for six years and leaving behind some great relationships with some fantastic people all because of a mix of Shallamese/House politicking and a horribly disastrous RP event. Second time's a charm I'm sure, though I think I'll hold off on buying credits for now.
  • my biggest regret is my long dormancy that i even miss the bel'met where everybody can get to abuse their divine power.... :disappointed: 

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • In no particular order...

I regret how Kei ended up leaving the Druids for Occultists way back when (it was really poorly handled), and not trying to stick it out with Demeter after that...although when higher ups in Demeter's Order she met kind of instantly disliked her, not much to be done :stuck_out_tongue: 

I regret quitting the game hard, and ending up just playing Aetolia for another two years and Lusternia for a year instead, and then playing other things like WoW for far too long. @Melodie‌ thinks -she- missed a lot...

I regret not letting Kei get in on the bloodlining when there was actually a group of people around her age playing...and also not accepting an invite to several families (like the Longshanks) when I had the chance.

But I mostly regret not spending more time and trying to keep up with friends from so long ago. I miss out on more fun people by being a dork :disappointed: 

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • I'm gonna echo @Sarieno‌ on a lot of his stuff- 

Definitely regret taking a lot of IC bull too seriously. I mean, RPing arguments and political coups and the like are fun, but there were a few short times that it would get just a bit too vicious, and I was probably most at fault for a lot of that. 

There's a story which is somewhat infamous among my friends where I may have gotten every one of them kicked out of the Serpentlords back when we first started playing (in the yesteryears of 2003 or so). The nasty part about that is that one of them bought credits, and this was back when getting booted from a Guild meant you lost just about everything. We're still good and all, but if I were honest I'd really rather I hadn't done that and saved everyone a lot of drama.

And in a twist on one of Sarieno's comments, I too kinda' regret having Valk so invested in something, although in my case it's the Serpentlords. As a player I've been really uninterested in the path Hashan's been taking, but I'm too attached to Valk to just Alt my problems away, and Valk's position in the Serps pretty much requires him to remain in Hashan. I imagine it shouldn't be this big of a deal, but I've spent over a decade with a single group (and effectively a single character)- it's really tough for me to even consider walking away from that, especially when I actually really like all the other characters in the Serps. But man, I just know Valk would fly in the Outriders.  Ah well, some day, maybe. 

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    I regret not getting Amanu in Trade and doing other things earlier. Might have saved me from doing certain things I really shouldn't have had.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I also regret getting into pet collecting. I could sell all of my mounts, but I could never get back what I've put into mini-pets. Since I'm into it so deep I just can't seem to make myself stop at this point.  :(
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• JozlynJozlyn out of here.

I think you regret not sitting on my lap. <3@Antidas‌

yes, sir.
  • I'm honestly not sure that I have any major regrets. I have things that I might have thought about doing differently, but I don't mind where the consequences took me in most cases. I think my one regret was not doing more when I was Imperiate, but RL issues played a large part in that and I doubt I could have done differently. 

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• I regret \but at the same time don't\ allowing a friend to drag me to Achaea. I regret it because of what happened between me and them, I do NOT regret pulling The Game shit on @Sarapis, oil to @Vastar , moon tossing by @Ourania , and MY ACHEY BREAKY HEART! @Tecton. That is all.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    D'awww, @Jurixe.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Class changes 1-73
    *Animated Signature*

• Getting the fang customized before learning "Oh hey, you can't use it with Domination".

Now I have an awesome customisation as opposed to 1500 credits worth of other things.

• Arditi said:
    Getting the fang customized before learning "Oh hey, you can't use it with Domination".

Now I have an awesome customisation as opposed to 1500 credits worth of other things.
    Ouch. I thought occies made good use of the fang though?
  • edited September 2014
    Razha said:
    Arditi said:
    Getting the fang customized before learning "Oh hey, you can't use it with Domination".

Used to. Was good while it lasted, but from Announce 4125 in June: 
    * Weaponry attacks are no longer possible while off balance from any class-specific balance (for non-weapon classes).

ETA: I regret not having/getting a good dagger/dirk before that classlead to venom lock and/or stack affs with paralysis. Also transing Weaponry just a day or two before that classlead... Should have saved the lessons for something else.
  • Josoul said:
    Razha said:
    Arditi said:

Used to. Was good while it lasted, but from Announce 4125 in June: 
    * Weaponry attacks are no longer possible while off balance from any class-specific balance (for non-weapon classes).

ETA: I regret not having/getting a good dagger/dirk before that classlead to venom lock and/or stack affs with paralysis. Also transing Weaponry just a day or two before that classlead... Should have saved the lessons for something else.
    Good, it was overpowered anyway.