Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Specialized deathsights for assist/sanctioned raid kills

DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
Since Tecton has tentatively confirmed the incoming implementation of PvP assist kills later down the line, I figure now would be a good time to hash out deathsights and make them much more specific in regards to the circumstances of death - namely in how many people are involved.

Currently, group kill deathsights only use a "last-hit" type way of showing who killed who to the world. Dunn, Jhui and Kross all contribute towards killing a person, and since Jhui is artied as all get out, he gets the kill with a choke or whatever and is shown on deathsight singularly, with no mention of the other three.

What I propose is thus:

* For sanctioned raids, when a group (4+ people) is implicated in the slaying of one person, the deathsight becomes depersonalized for the killers. For example:

Victorious cries rise from Targossas as warriors of the Dawnguard send Jhui head-first into the clutches of the Endbringer.
Distant cheering can be heard as the Ashtani army messily dispatches Eleison upon the streets in a cloud of gore.

These messages would be specific on the locale of the city, and dependent on which side was attacking or defending. This would make it extremely obvious who is being raided by who, and who is just skirmishing at large. 1v1 kill deathsights (or small group fights) would retain the same functionality as previously, giving people who choose to fight in those scenarios the recognition they deserve, whilst also empowering city armies with global recognition through the same paradigm.

* For small group fights/skirmishes, (5 people or less) the top 3 damage/assist candidates are listed in the deathsight, starting with the last hitter, and followed by second and third most damage/healing dealt. Example:

The combined martial prowess of Jhui, Kross and Dunn proves no match for Talysin, who perishes miserably.

This could be expanded to show the area of fighting for extra flavor and tactical use of deathsight. For example:

The combined martial prowess of Jhui, Kross and Dunn proves no match for Talysin, who perishes miserably in the Eastern Reaches.

Just a general idea for improving deathsight's specificity and giving recognition to where it is warranted most. Thoughts? Alternatives?

AegothShirszaeAlaskarTalysinSynbiosAlrenaBukariinPraxidesAiniaHalosErnam

Comments

• AnedhelAnedhel Member Posts: 2,367 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited September 2014
    Offering geographic location for a death seems to be a no-no for non-denizen induced death.

That said!

For a generic Eleusian message:

The Village's rangers have executed X in a lethal ambush.

Less generic:

Quite literally embodying Nature's fury, W, Y, and Z have dispatched X with brutal efficiency.

Targossians generic:

Rallying forth, the warriors of the Dawnspear have laid X low.

Targossians specific:

In a demonstration of unfaltering devotion, W, Y, and Z have brought X's life to an end, in service to the Bloodsworn.

I think it'd be neat if sanctioned raids had their own messages (the generic ones, once more delineating the line between sanctioned raiding and skirmishing/shrine defence) and group combat outside that a different message. As an aside, I think it'd be really epic, but probably viciously impractical, to have Order deathsights.

'The Aarash Kheyr have slain X in the name of Aurora, the Lightbringer.' would be badass :O

• DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There's a lot of cool stuff you could do with this. Married couple deathsights, Bloodsworn deathsights, the list goes on.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygenMember Posts: 2,492 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Why you do this, @Synbios. I'd not gone on an MMPR tangent in days!
    SynbiosTrillianaPraxides
  • SiduriSiduri Member Posts: 1,568 @@ - Legendary Achaean
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,282 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I like the idea of a collective style deathsight in certain situations, but please no, not the Sobby has been teamed by Tom, Dick and Harry 
    Alcinae
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WAMember Posts: 1,216 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Collective, factional/city deathsight would be rad.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?" 

(The Targossian Academy): Halos says, "Go on! I need to feel the wind in my hair!"

• DalranDalran Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Ruca falls to the arrows of Florentino (Victim had 160% the might).

Looks like they already started.
Sign In to Comment.