Achaean Regrets

Inspired by an old forum posting of the same title, I think it would be cathartic fun to talk about our Achaean regrets amongst the raves and rants.

Comments

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited September 2014
    I regret trading in my old Thoth's fang to buy a Babel's Pin javelin.
    I regret trading in my old Lupine bow to buy a level 2 collar to try and increase Star tarot damage.
    I regret trading in my level 2 collar to buy an amnesia pet.

I've traded in lots of artes, but that Babel's pin was the worst of all. If regularly thrown, it had like a 5 second balance, and if thrown from juggled, it had a 2 second balance but lost like 90% of its damage.

and I traded in my Thoth's after going Jester because a certain Someone confirmed they were being changed to be wielded by Serpents only...2 years later and they're still a great Magi/Occi artie  :p

• I regret leaving Mhaldor sometimes. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened had I made Caoi tough it out and become the monster he didnt want to be. 

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Caoimhaen said:
    I regret leaving Mhaldor sometimes. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened had I made Caoi tough it out and become the monster he didnt want to be. 
    You'd have the @Daslin deathsquad attacking your butt with dirks, probably
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• I regret being overly sensitive about dying in the past and refusing to role-play with others.
  • I regret that I have to choose between my House, and the class I, deep down, never wanted to switch out of. I was distracted by the fun toys of the classes I've been since and I have had some great times, but... I LOVE forging, and I've always missed having the Runewarden skillset. (I spelled it right @Cynlael!)

I don't care about the lessons I've eaten up. It's only money. It's just that now I'm in a House with amazing people, but I can't go back to Runewarden without losing that.

Viva la Bluef.
  • I regret not being active in my house more when I first started the game. Probably would have been less confused about many things if I was.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    The Sylvans.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • That time I switched from Druid to Jester literally a week before Heartseed got added
  • My only real regret is sticking with Soulpiercers for so long while I was actually active, and not just spending additional credits on high speed forged rapiers.

Oh, and buying credits during the Conclave promotion that I still haven't spent because the robes ended up selling for ridiculous amounts.
  • I also have another.

I regret that I didn't start playing Achaea years ago. I mean back when it all started. I wish I could have been on the bandwagon from the very beginning and see how everything unfolded. You know. Been a PART of those nostalgic crazy stories you hear people reminisce about.

Viva la Bluef.
  • I actually regret, in a way, never changing class on Sobby and experiencing new things with him. At the same time though, he's become pretty famous for being one of the main Jesters of Achaea.

Paradoxically, I regret changing class so many damn times on my (currently) Naga and wasting so many credits

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited September 2014
    I regret how things turned out with Devotion for Melodie. While I don't really think it was preventable with the way the game atmosphere has been heading, it's probably something I'll always regret and miss. While I don't precisely regret it, I do wonder sometimes what would have changed if I joined Targossas after the first excomm instead of sticking it out outside of it. Just have to wonder sometimes.

Super regret doing the Pentharian meeting on an ipod. That was probably the worst decision ever and part of why the meeting went as bad as it did. Not all, but certainly some.

Regret going dormant years ago. I missed out on so much with Neraeos, ships, and Order-related events, including the discovery of Lothos and several islands. I would kill to go back and be able to do all of that. I miss Neraeos dreadfully.

While I don't regret leaving Cyrene, there's a certain friendship there I messed up pretty bad that I deeply regret doing what I did, and how it has turned out.

That all said, for nearly ten years of play, I have thankfully only a handful of regrets. It cheers me up to know I've, usually, made good choices for my character, whether it ended up in positive or negative experiences.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Regret not dropping pk sooner. So much time wasted doing that, instead of possibly interesting things :open_mouth: 
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    I waffle in reflection of various topics, but one remains consistent:

I regret not bloodlining @Merador :(

• I regret not retard-holocausting targloosis when they were fighting oghlor all those times
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    I regret not advancing more in combat training while I still had good rapiers.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Certain relationships and friendships. Every time I've attempted gambling, whether it be at the roulette table or globes of shifting continents. Gambling seriously NEVER pays off for me.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I regret not letting go soon enough.