Ridicule is motivation!

124»

Comments

• Seftin said:

Ok so update - did my 5 x 5 increasing the weight each time which is fun and all but then I found Bouldering and have been doing that a few nights a week (very good fun if you've never done it before) and has left me with a dull ache in my arms/abs/legs etc so that's quite nice. Going to weigh myself at the end of the month and hopefully see if anything has changed haha. Diet - eating healthy, kale - eggs - chicken breast etc. All good!

Another thing it took me a while to learn - soreness is not a measure of progress. Only your numbers/bf %/etc (depending on your goal) is. Depending on the ratio of different muscle fibers you're born with, some people will never get sore and see great progress. For example, I get hellish DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness..Basically you're most sore on the second day after you do the workout) after every single day I train heavy squats. Every single time. For years. However, no matter how much chest volume I do on a given day, my chest never gets sore. I know a guy that's the opposite. However, both muscle groups continue to make good progress. 

Oh, and remember, if your numbers have been going up significantly each workout, don't get scared if the scale hasn't moved. Numbers going up = muscle mass gained. Muscle mass weighs something. In fact, it weighs more than fat. So I'd consider it a win if your goal is fat loss and your numbers go up while the scale stays the same. 

• edited August 2014
    Actually, disregard.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Oh Right, forgot to update this for ages (oops) weight loss been put on hold since skating accident/bouldering incident - may have re-broken my arm (yay).

• Seftin said:

Oh Right, forgot to update this for ages (oops) weight loss been put on hold since skating accident/bouldering incident - may have re-broken my arm (yay).

Good, it proves what a panzy you are!

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    more like sef-tin man, because he has no heart. To lose weight.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Is this a thread for pussies?

• Jhui said:

Is this a thread for pussies?

Yes, thanks for stopping by. BLAM!

Also Seftin = Panzy

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
  • @Herenicus I love that guy. 

• edited September 2014
    "Having to explain why bench is alpha is having to explain why masturbatin' feels good. A. You're creepy for asking and B. If you have to ask, you've never done it."

Gold.
  • "You look like Jesus on the cross, except more swoll."