Dreaming about Achaea

Does anyone else dream about the game sometimes? Or recently, if this kind of this has been posted before?

I had my first dream about the game in a while, I don't remember much of it, but it was honestly a pretty stupid dream. I was on my Targossan, and Cain (who I don't even talk to) posted something to CT about paying 2 credits for spars. So I sent him a tell, and went to spar him, but I proceed to just DOR my bashing attack until he killed me, then walked away feeling like a serious nerd (he did send me the credits though). Yeah, lame I know...

Comments

• Yeah, I dream text a lot when I'm in a coding binge.
    Had one of those tonight, per exemple.

One of the results of squishing bugs and going to bed without testing first.

• AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited September 2014
    Are you sure you weren't just drunk?

Edit: Drunk and it actually happened, I mean.
  • Achimrst said:
    Are you sure you weren't just drunk?

Edit: Drunk and it actually happened, I mean.
    No, pretty sure Cain was though.
  • I don't dream in text or about Achaea, I feel so alone...

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    I had a dream once that @Jhui was a noob and @Nim bought a veil.
  • Bukariin said:
    Years ago I'd occasionally have dreams in text format.
    I forgot to mention it was in text, in fact, it always is. Happened to me before I ever came to Achaea, and still happens every time I dream about MUDs.
  • yes, I have had multiple text dreams about achaea. It's very strange to wake up and remember because it somehow makes sense in your head. The wierd part always was that I could somehow interact with the text, as though grabbing it.

I think once I saved myself from being killed by snatching away my previous move and putting it somewhere else.

Alas, I have never saved myself from being killed in game.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Strata said:
    I had a dream once that @Jhui was a noob and @Nim bought a veil.
    Yes that was definitely a dream, why would I have a veil, I hate veils, so obviously it was all just a strange dream and no one needs to give it any additional thought.
  • Having played for so long, I've experienced multiple dreams about Achaea. The craziest involved @Noktal and I running through the streets of where I live OOCly from giant arachnoids. Most of my Achaea dreams are in text though - which is really weird because you supposedly can't read while asleep. 
  • Yes, had dreams and nightmares. You all are a crazy lot to invade my delicate psyche in such a way! :p Yet, you're all fun so there wasn't any permanent damage. (At least I don't think there was...) ;)
    “There is no greater sorrow than thinking back upon a happy time in misery--”

• I have dreamed in text a few times... those are always weird mornings to wake up on.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Harmonia said:
    Yes, had dreams and nightmares. You all are a crazy lot to invade my delicate psyche in such a way! :p Yet, you're all fun so there wasn't any permanent damage. (At least I don't think there was...) ;)
    If I was actually there, I definitely would have left permanent damage.

The things I could show you @_@
  • MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    I have Achaea dreams pretty regularly. Never remember the outcome, though I recall the text. Strange enough, they are always based in Zmud, which I never use anymore...

• I've had Achaean dreams lots of times, including normal dreams, text dreams, and a couple of forum dreams.
  • Sena said:
    I've had Achaean dreams lots of times, including normal dreams, text dreams, and a couple of forum dreams.
    I had a dream in which I had a dream about Achaea, woke up, and went on the forums to say so.

Oh god, is this another dream?!

The ones where I keep waking up are such a pain. T_T
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    I occasionally dream about playing Achaea...I don't remember any details, but usually I wake up like "wtf where did my keyboard go"

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Every once in a while, and -every- time, when I wake up, I can't remember how to speak. It's weird. I blame booze.
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    Just had a dream about setting up a grooming salon in game for the mini pets. 
    It was wildly successful.
    unlike my real life grooming career -_-
  • There was once where I handed 10,000 gold sovereigns to a denizen for a customization, and it did not work (was a bug) and I ISSUED myself for the bug, waiting for my 10,000 gold refund.

That night, I dreamed that I got my 10k gold back.
    Poor, sad, pathetic man.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    My Achaean dreams inspire me to do stuff in-game, sometimes.

They also can come in forms of text or made reality. I think I remembered dreaming about black @Sartan and his induction ceremony that involved ripping your soul from your body. That was trippy as shit.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:
    My Achaean dreams inspire me to do stuff in-game, sometimes.

They also can come in forms of text or made reality. I think I remembered dreaming about black @Sartan and his induction ceremony that involved ripping your soul from your body. That was trippy as shit.
    Hot
  • That's weird as Hell, was going to post about this exact thing this morning.
    Any day that I play Achaea for many hours (like, 8+ of mindless Achaea-ing), I'll have the weirdest dreams about it.
    They aren't even text entirely. They're sort of half text, half not. I'm not typing, I'm sort of just thinking the text, and speaking outloud to talk.

Need a damn vacation.

• I have dreams about Achaea occasionally, and they feel real enough that I have to double-check the situation when I wake.

One dream began with Yae leaving Eleusis for Mhaldor, though I spent most of it in bewilderment with no idea how I got to that point and yearning to go back to Eleusis. I didn't end up finding out what my subconscious thought Mhaldor's culture would be like since I woke up, though the dream was strangely red hued. Coincidentally, Guhem had a similar dream where Yae had turned Mhaldorian, too, earlier in the year. :(

In another dream, I had the impression that Zeon had left Eleusis to be a rogue. I don't know what inspired that, but I honoursed him in game and was somewhat relieved he was still Eleusian.
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • I am not sure...but I think i have had night mares where i keep hunting to defile and dying. or while defiling i die. Oh wait...maybe thats reality. Not sure which is worse..my dream or reality. Order tasks. wheeee..

• I only dream of electric sheep.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I'm pretty sure I had a dream that Mako re-joined Eleusis a night or two ago.  :|
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited September 2014
    I had a dream earlier that @Daslin arranged for me to wed the King of Humgiis daughter with @Vastar performing the ceremony. @Sarapis was the best man and kept threatening to remove me from creation if I tried to escape. Then afterward's @Taraus hit me with a bottle of rum and that is when I woke up. Realmly freaky dream.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Sounds right.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Daslin I think he's on to us, speed up the plan?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."