Comments

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Talysin said:
    Bukariin said:
    Talysin said:

Bukariin said:
    Rom said:
    Bukariin said:
    What surprises me is that nobody uses Teamspeak, especially for group raids.
    Definitely happens all the time, at least on a small scale. Having like an Eleusis voip that 10 people hop into on defense seems way too metagamey if that's what you mean.
    I don't think it's "metagamey" to use an out-of-game utility to communicate where the game interface makes it difficult to do so because your in-game messages are competing for space with combat spam.  Most MMOs utilize a voice talk option and don't consider it sinful.
    I think it's the definition of metagaming to use OOC channels to talk to people. It also blatantly spits in the face of roleplaying in, you know, a role playing game.
    And uh, this forum doesn't do exactly that?

E: Like, there's legitimate arguments against using Teamspeak (it would offer a pretty tangible advantage to groups using it versus groups not using it since expedited communication = expedited action) but this is definitely not one of them.
    You don't get the meaning of what I'm saying. When I'm role playing, the last thing I want to hear in the middle of a holy battle as I throw magical tarot cards is "(Party): Davio says, "Targossians, jump on Skype real quick.". Not all of us want to stop RPing and break immersion so we can win a stupid raid. 
    Plus everyone would make fun of my accent :(

• Yeah, Targossan accents are silly.
  • edited September 2014
    It's a mix between Spanish, Indian, and complaining.
  • One thing I certainly agree on is that Infernal is absolutely brutal at the moment and should be able to kill just about anything. It is however an insanely boring class at the moment with massively long setup times where you spend your day dodging a bunch of kill combos while patiently trying to get to your full prep. This is a problem with all Knights at the moment though, to be fair. Once you get to full prep of both arms, legs and torso though, a Strength spec'ed infernal should kill absolutely anything unless they pull an amazing dodge or lucky RNG out of their asses.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    It is so boring. I can't wait for this multiclass nonsense.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • A one-man cripplesecting juggernaut
  • Dunn said:
    AWP holding A doors, one smoked CT cross. 
    No competitive map with CT cross and accepted callout of A doors. Assuming you are talking about d2 and long doors. Nova confirmed.

• Ernam said:
    A lot of people need to realize that getting a lot of kills doesn't make you the "best" at a class.. or anything, really.

My rankings would be purely based on creativity, originality, and adaptibility against opponents who actually know what they're doing.

Sure, a popular BM might kill Jhui ten times in a row, but if Jhui (hypothetically) doesn't know how to avoid a simple void/para/impaleslash gimmick, and dies to it every time, it doesn't make the BM amazing, no matter how good Jhui is at literally everything else.

Another point is, as was pointed out in the last "who's da best" thread, true combat skill really comes down to your ability to know every other class, not really your own.

So, setting that aside (since I think this thread is really only supposed to be focused on who's good at offense), here's an impromptu list. I  wouldn't submit this to guinness, and I'm sure I'm leaving people out, but here goes.  Please keep in mind that my judgement is primarily based on originality and adaptability, not ability to class swap to broken classes and abuse things other people developed.

*Monk - @Proficy.  If Proficy and @Jhui faced off with equal arties, Proficy would wipe the floor with Jhui 

I ve fought proficy without arties and wiped the floor with almost 10-1 :/. I demand you put my name on best monk therefore.

Jarrel-smalljpg

• edited September 2014
    @Cahin Actually MG2/MGE. Meant long A doors.

• AWP so OP

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Jarrel said:

Ernam said:
    A lot of people need to realize that getting a lot of kills doesn't make you the "best" at a class.. or anything, really.

My rankings would be purely based on creativity, originality, and adaptibility against opponents who actually know what they're doing.

Sure, a popular BM might kill Jhui ten times in a row, but if Jhui (hypothetically) doesn't know how to avoid a simple void/para/impaleslash gimmick, and dies to it every time, it doesn't make the BM amazing, no matter how good Jhui is at literally everything else.

Another point is, as was pointed out in the last "who's da best" thread, true combat skill really comes down to your ability to know every other class, not really your own.

So, setting that aside (since I think this thread is really only supposed to be focused on who's good at offense), here's an impromptu list. I  wouldn't submit this to guinness, and I'm sure I'm leaving people out, but here goes.  Please keep in mind that my judgement is primarily based on originality and adaptability, not ability to class swap to broken classes and abuse things other people developed.

*Monk - @Proficy.  If Proficy and @Jhui faced off with equal arties, Proficy would wipe the floor with Jhui 

I ve fought proficy without arties and wiped the floor with almost 10-1 :/. I demand you put my name on best monk therefore.
    Don't make me kick your ass
    edited September 2014
    I heard Dumah got outpaced by a 14 year old in a triathlon T/F?

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • I heard Mishgul's milk got delivered quicker by a 14 year old T/F?

• Ok, the moment you've all been waiting for, my TOP OF THE CLASS AT PRESENT TIME INDISPUTABLE LIST EVER take one:

Alchemist - lolno

Apostate - @Ayoxele - scrubs isn't artied and regularly wipes the floor with most artied people

Bard - Currently @Xinna

Blademaster - This is tricky because BM is a relatively reliable class for winning fights but on a "thinks outside the box" basis, and cause I just found out he went back to it, Mizik.

Druid - No one really shining at this right now, however in recent memory would be @Swadryt purely because of his "I won't quit till I win" attitude, alongside @Aepas‌

Infernal - @Vicious at present as some of the other Infernals who may or may not be better do not currently fight, @Vicious always tries and, though some hiccups with his attitude (like everyone does at some point) he will always try to learn from his combat

Jester - @Talysin at present

Magi - this is tricky, I would say @Hasar for reliability but @Aegoth  for the lol fights

Monk - currently @Jhui for just dominating most fights and having a solid understanding of the class, and when and what to use to survive and be most effective (even though I'm p-sure 90% of the time he just suicide rushes for the lol's and wins..)

Occultist - gonna have to put @Jinsun here - guys a pain in the arse to fight, but uses all his class skills, can be creative when he wants and we have a love-hate relationship which sometimes we just circumvent with being pleasant

Paladin - Not really any that stand out at present that I see fight on a regular basis

Priest - I think @Tesha went back to priest, in which case probably her as she came up with some ideas, works hard at most of the classes she goes and has a relatively solid understanding of each class. Priest Tesha is a pain to fight.

Runewarden - @Aelios for never backing down, guys like a duracell bunny and even if he loses 9 times  in a row he'll go back and fight - may use some limited tactics, but I know he knows others too.

Sentinel - going to put Rom here, solid understanding of the class

Serpent - This is tricky, probably @santar, though there are others who are learning and developing good skills. Sometimes frustrating to fight against as it makes me want to change classes and go back to serpent, but would also love to see more of the newer serpents, and those who others consider "noobs" to start fighting more 1v1 and get a few more levels, can picture them shredding.

Shaman - Not really many shaman combatants around that I have noticed.

Sylvan - @Twil purely for his staying power as a Sylvan, his solid defensive work and his good mix-up ability of skills to kills. Would love to see him fight more out of arena.

ULTIMATE ALL TIME LEGENDS (may be exaggerated)

Alchemist - What?

Apostate - @Ayoxele again as much as it pisses me off, just because he's unartied and I can't think of anyone else (@dontarion springs to mind actually)

Bard - @Dji I believe (may have the name mistaken) but this guy with that tripple jab.

Blademaster - @Mizik‌

Druid - Unsure

Infernal - @Carmain‌, shame he doesn't fight anymore and has turned into a noncom (love you carmain)

Jester - @Manu/@Bonko - didn't have much to do with Manu but I had a lot to do with Bonko, guy was good at griefing, so was Manu.

Magi - @Tuerney, @Swishowski, @Osek, @Cain - This is purely from my days of seeing them all artied the fuck out and dropping mad stormhammers

Monk - @Jhui‌

occultist - @Tanris, @Poergh‌   mostly for their group combat, though they were wrecking scrubs in Shallam non stop solo too. Tanris was a solid fighter with very good understanding of combat mechanics

Paladin - @Voy - unartied, low-ish level, remember him being quite a big Paladin name, should probably throw @Ellodin in here too.

Priest - @Ovid purely because he made so many people rage, cry, hide, issue, bug, rage-quit.

Runewarden - Not sure on this one, quite a few stand out in my mind but not sure who to pick.

Sentinel - @Spire, always.

serpent - @Jarrel - hands down.

Shaman - @Xer‌

Sylvan - all time not sure.

Agree, disagree, flame, whatever. Just my opinion - lots of good fighters up and coming regardless of what people say about them, just because they want to protect their own egos and belittle everyone else.

Everyone has the potential to be great, can either attempt it like myself and class-hop repeatedly, or stick to one class and learn how it works completely, develop your skills and become the best at it.

I'll give you a tip - I'm not on any list and I classhop, most of the people on these lists have played one class consistently for years - stick to one class kids, you'll get good at one for sure, instead of mediocre at many.

Cynlael said:
    I heard Mishgul's milk got delivered quicker by a 14 year old T/F?
    I am not the Milkman. I am the Guard. 

-

As drawn by Shayde
    Tynil and Tirac should prob go on your list for Runewarden in my experience. Lothiac was decent at magi but had a tendency to blow up most of the time and suicide at you. Tirac, Rakon and Khalaz all eventually figured out nifty strategies as infernal to get vivi's pre dsl speed buff ( dsl speed was slower than 2s for a long time without runes, getting vivisects was easy because most of achaea at the time had awful curing but against good curing it was almost impossible ).

Dumah and Rennyn were clever with monk. I remember a lot of people complaining about infernal vigour before it got nerfed, but these guys made me feel like vigour wasn't even healing me when it was supposedly OP.

My perspective is probably different than everyone elses. I haven't really tried to learn things in almost 2 years now. Achaean combat can be very rock paper scissors. Some classes are inherently strong against others.   

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Ugh. Like Sentinel. I get like 6 attacks in and then take my hands off the keyboard.
  • RomRom
    edited September 2014
    That's how I feel about BM when I'm parastunlocked after you dodged 4 axes in a row. :p
    Luckily you guys have no prone def and we do.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Current List
    ==============
    Alchemist:   @Cadarus - There's a few other Alchemist fighters, but Cadarus has reliably shown the most understanding and use of his class abilities.

Apostate:    @Ayoxele

Bard:        @Xinna‌

Blademaster: @Mizik - The variable wildcard with Mizik is that he just absorbs everything thrown at him. You might beat him once or twice, but given 24 hours afterwards to fix his triggers/aliases, he won't die to the same thing again. Ever. Every fight the guy just gets progressively better and better. Swear he'll be the first Achaean to go SSJ some day if he ever sticks to a class.

Druid:       Can't think of a single druid combatant these days.

Infernal:    @Vicious is the only active combatant Infernal I can think of. I think @Seftin hit it spot on the head with his statement above.

Jester:      @Talysin

Magi:        @Hasar

Monk:        @Jhui for his solid understanding of class mechanics. (And Staff of Nicator)

Occultist:   @Jinsun or @Hirst. It depends on your metric. Hirst has more artifacts and is more annoying to fight, but @Jinsun has the edge on class understanding. If he could only get his emotions in check...

Paladin:     When active, @Antonius -- but I have to at least honorably mention @Caladbolg for the sheer volume of cleave death sights 

Priest:      @Tesha

Runewarden:  Truthfully, I don't see many other runewarden these days that are active. @Achilles pops in from time to time, and @Tirac is no longer a Runewarden, however he'll forever dominate this category for a long while.

Sentinel:    @Rom currently.

Serpent:     @Santar (Because @Jarrel isn't active)

Shaman:      I can't think of a single Shaman combatant outside of @Omi

Sylvan:      @Twil

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• edited September 2014
    Mishgul said:
    Um yeah, that kid was a freak. Pretty sure he was 13 as well.

Also, these lists are so bad. But that's ok...these new people, they just don't know. It's not their fault.
  • Dumah said:
    Mishgul said:
    Um yeah, that kid was a freak. Pretty sure he was 13 as well.

Also, these lists are so bad. But that's ok...these new people, they just don't know. It's not their fault.
    Currents! Not 'Of All Time'. 

Of All Time would look something like this :: 
    ============
    Alchemist:   @Mako or @Cadarus
    Apostate:    @Sabiru
    Bard:        @Zeon
    Blademaster: @Zulah
    Druid:       ?
    Infernal:    @Sohl
    Jester:      @Bonko
    Magi:        This one is a hard one... @Lothiac in his prime, OR @Osek
    Monk:        @Dumah
    Occultist:   @Poergh
    Paladin:     @Spire
    Priest:      @Ovid
    Runewarden:  @Tirac
    Sentinel:    @Spire
    Serpent:     @Jarrel
    Shaman:      @Rean
    Sylvan:      ?

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• edited September 2014
    All Time Best:

Alchemist:      @Cadarus
    Apostate:       @Carmain
    Bard:              @Dunn
    Blademaster:  @Mizik‌
    Dragon:         @Santar
    Druid:            @Carmain
    Infernal:         @Jarrel
    Jester:            @Jarrel
    Magi:             @Rean
    Monk:            @Jhui
    Occultist:       @Tanris
    Paladin:          @Spire
    Priest:            @Ovid
    Runewarden:  @Tynil
    Sentinel:         @Mizik
    Serpent:         @Jarrel
    Shaman:         @Rean
    Sylvan:           @Twil
  • Yes, Dunn is the all time best bard -eyeroll-. Name one thing he's accomplished that Xinna hasn't first?
  • Zyvix > Rean shaman category my only real disagreement. 
  • Talysin said:
    Yes, Dunn is the all time best bard -eyeroll-. Name one thing he's accomplished that Xinna hasn't first?

Pretty sure this isn't the first time @Dunn has been Bard.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • You are all the best, every single one of you.

Except @Mishgul. He won't give me any milk. I'm starting to suspect that he's not an actual milkman after all. :c
  • umm Tirac is the best infernal. #2 What is attitude? I'm Mhaldorian, I'm supposed to be mean. #knightofwhorror.