Best in each class

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    i don't get why you need to be bothered about people that you can't immediately kill.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae

• Athelas said:
    ..... and dealing with the USD-ZAR exchange rate makes buying credits really painful for me. 
    Ye gods, I know your pain. Every time it looks like it could dip back to below R10 a dollar it just goes "PSYCHE!" and falls even further past R11. And when it was around R6 I was a broke university student.

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    @Arador Both my house and car are fully paid, I have no debt of any kind, and I still turn the Rands over a couple of hundred times before spending them on magnetized bits, stored on a server somewhere. Yea, I dream of the days when it was R6, heck even at R8 it would be infinitely better for buying credits.
  • edited September 2014
    Top tier for each class is currently:

Occultist - Mizik

Paladin -

Monk - Jhui

Serpent - Santar

Apostate -

Blademaster -

Jester -

Bard - Xinna

Magi - Hasar

Alchemist - 

Druid - 

Runewarden - 

Shaman - 

Sylvan - 

Infernal - 
  • @Tirac I'm coming for that spot bro

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Title was "best" in each class, not top tier in each class.
  • Top tier:

Occultist - Mizik

Paladin -

Monk - Jhui

Serpent - Santar

Apostate -

Blademaster - Tirac

Jester -

Bard - Xinna

Magi - Hasar

Alchemist - 

Druid - 

Runewarden - Nemutaur? Not sure if 1v1s now.

Shaman - 

Sylvan - 

Infernal - 

Current best:

Occultist - Mizik

Paladin - Do they exist at the minute? Caladbolg or Antonius.

Monk - Jhui

Serpent - Santar

Apostate - Ayoxele

Blademaster - Tirac

Jester - N/A. All shackle whores.

Bard - Xinna

Magi - Hasar

Alchemist - Cadarus

Druid - N/A

Runewarden - Nemutaur

Shaman - N/A

Sylvan - Twil

Infernal - Wessux? Not sure of any others since Vicious stopped logging in.

• Why is it that dragon never gets a spot? Honestly with their ability to salve and vlock into true locks, sensitivity stack into bites and all the other fancy stuff you can do with a dirk,  they are more complex than some of the stock classes. 
  • edited September 2014
    I'll give serious, unbiased answers, as someone who actually fights 1v1 versus basically everyone on a regular basis. I'm discounting people I haven't seen fight anyone lately.

Occultist - Mizik defaults this, but is worthy of the spot as well.
    Paladin - None worthy of recognition.
    Monk - Jhui. 
    Serp - Me obviously, but second best is currently probably Eloru or Isaiah, both mid-tierish.
    Apostate - Ezily Ayoxele. He's not top tier, but would be if he had more to work with.
    Blademaster - Tirac
    Jester - None worth mentioning.
    Bard - Xinna and Dunn are about even. Just a massive cheese-stick class in general though.
    Magi - There aren't many Magi worth mentioning that actually do much 1v1. I can't give this to anyone in good conscience. 
    Alchemist - Cadarus pretty much defaults this. Only alc worth anything.
    Druid - None worth mentioning.
    Runewarden - None worth mentioning. 
    Shaman - None worth mentioning.
    Sylvan - Probably Twil. A lot of people might say Lothiac, but Twil is better imo.
    Infernal -  I don't really respect anyone that plays this class. Really OP/cheesy class that nobody decent is playing right now. A few scrubs do ok with this class due to the raw power it has though.

Edit:

Priest - Ruca(though, pretty bad still)
    Sentinel - People classhop this so much I don't even know. I don't think there's anyone decent playing Sent right now.

• All those lists are missing Priest and Sentinel although there are few of each.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • edited September 2014
    Austere said:
    Why is it that dragon never gets a spot? Honestly with their ability to salve and vlock into true locks, sensitivity stack into bites and all the other fancy stuff you can do with a dirk,  they are more complex than some of the stock classes. 
    I haven't seen anyone fight in Dragon as a serious class other than me, tbh, and that's just because it makes a good alternative class to Serpent.

• edited September 2014
    fuck, ninja'd by a sentinel
  • Let the passive aggressive flow through you.
  • edited September 2014
    Is there a Sentinel that actually PKs? 

I only include people that are actual PKers on my list. No bogus arena fighters or people that fight once in a blue moon. You have to fight people if you want to be mentioned in a 'best of class' list.

• assuming Rom is still sentinel, it's pretty clearly him
  • If he fought someone, maybe. You can't just take a season off and expect people to vote you in on the all-star team anyways.

• If we're only including pkers, does Santar actually fight people?

All I ever see is backstab/snipe, phase, run away.

• edited September 2014
    Sounds like someone's butt is a little hurt from being spanked too much. Go relax, sweetheart.

• edited September 2014
    That's a really weird mash-up between a best-of-all-time list and a current-best list, Ernam.

Also many fallacies such as Lilian inventing a Bard salve-lock, Ayoxele not having a well-rounded knowledge on all class and Occultist not being skill based...

Xer also not Apostate anymore
  • edited September 2014
    There's been plenty of times where I tried to fight you and you go to hide in Mhaldor, or try to team me, or whatever else. Your point? I'm not aware of any fighter that has never backed out of or avoided a fight at some point. The other day I literally sat on clouds for half an hour fighting you and two other Mhaldorians back to back as each one of you took turns running to Mhaldor. I've attacked you in Annwyn before to have you try to team me. I've attacked you to have you run to Mhaldor. I've killed you personally at least 7 times(probably more) since you started playing your new character. Some of those were jumps, some were straight up kills. How many times have you killed me? None, right?

Yet, you're attempting to "call me out" because I attempted to jump you one time and then left when you didn't die? Lol, ok.

Think you're taking things a little too seriously, and I'm not going to engage in any pointless pissing contests. 

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/box-tissues-628153.jpg

Go buy a box and feel better. 

• Looks like Santar is doing that "Lie/sensationalize to protect his ego" thing, again.
  • edited September 2014
    lol @ that last list

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• edited September 2014
    Talysin said:
    Looks like Santar is doing that "Lie/sensationalize to protect his ego" thing, again.

His post is at least partially true. I haven't managed to kill him yet, because he either runs away or flagons on truelock (and heartstops) every single fight. :(

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/6a44e03d

• it's one thing to make one realistic bold claim, but when you make like 10-12 in the same post it just becomes hilarious.  Good troll @Ernam
  • edited September 2014
    I mean, it came with a pretty hearty disclaimer.  Nobody knows everyone, and there have been vast periods of time where I was dormant.

Definitely should have mentioned @Jhui purely for pure non-class-based combat skill, and innovations for monk - but I think everyone elses lists generated enough e-boners as it is.

As for the rest, like I said, I'm sure I left some people out.  Just listing people who I think (and in most cases, know) did pretty damn well as that class, during the time that I was around to see it.  One thing that I will never be impressed by is someone who class hops / alts to make a character and just spams a single thing over and over again (*cough* perma-stun axes).