How do bracelets actually work.

AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
edited September 2014 in North of Thera
Or better worded as:

What is the max Health and Mana base, that gets used to calculate the benefit provided by the Mayan, Ceylonese and Logosian bracelet artefacts.

Does it stack with benefits from CON artefacts and/or runes?

i.e.
A CON of 12 gives a Level 80 Character a max Health and Mana of 3500
Thus a Mayan bracelet will push this to 3500 + 175 = 3675, where 175 is 5% of the max 3500

A CON of 13, through the use of an artefact or rune, pushes the max to: 3740
Does this mean that the same Mayan bracelet now causes a max of:

(a) 3740 + 187 = 3927
Where 187 is 5% of the new max after CON benifits
Or
(b) 3740 + 175 = 3915
Where 175 is the 5% from the max calculated with base CON.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    The base health formula is (3*Con+4)*Level+300. That base health is then modified by things like bracelets. So, it would be situation (a), not (b). Hermes' blessing (30% health boost) from that one quest will also stack multiplicatively, so with (a) plus the blessing you'd have 3927 * 1.3 = 5105 health. Other percentage health increases will presumably work the same. Edit: Mana is also the same, with int instead of con of course.
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Thanks, that help tremendously.
  • MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Next question. Is 5% really worth the cost in credits? I've been going back and forth on whether I want these or not...

• edited September 2014
    At 4k health you get +200 health. Which is close to if not better than +1 con (guessing). Terrible at low max health, great at high max health. 5% is a good place to start if you want to get yourself bracelets, as you can save up more credits and upgrade to 10% later.
  • Cheaper than a con belt and gives more bang for your buck I am pretty sure.  The mana increase is also a bonus over con belt.  Always best to start with level 1s and upgrade, in my opinion.  If you want to pvp primarily,  get sip ring. 
  • For PvP, I wouldn't bother with a bracelet (for the health, at least) unless you have a lot of credits and nothing better to do with them, because most PvP damage scales with your max health, making the actual benefit pretty small most of the time. For bashing though, it's pretty useful. Your max health determines how much healing you get from health elixirs and most other sources of health recovery, and damage from denizens generally doesn't scale with your max health.

As for +con vs bracelet: For the level 1 artefacts, a con belt and a bracelet are pretty similar (ignoring that the belt also boosts endurance and the bracelet also boosts mana). The lower your con, the better the belt will be. Assuming you only care about health, I'd probably go with the belt if you have less than 14 con, otherwise the bracelet will be 50 credits cheaper for about the same (or more, at 17+ con) benefit. For level 2/3, the bracelets are so much cheaper that you probably shouldn't get the belt first unless you need the endurance or you only have 12 or less con.
  • edited September 2014
    level 1 bracelet is worth the added health & mana for the credits (max health does lower the effective damage of most attacks).  Beyond that, as Sena said, it's pretty much a luxury/bashing artefact.  Money is far better off spent on sip rings or offensive/utility artefacts (rof/greaves/etc) from a combat perspective.
  • Sena said:
    The base health formula is (3*Con+4)*Level+300. That base health is then modified by things like bracelets. So, it would be situation (a), not (b). Hermes' blessing (30% health boost) from that one quest also stacked multiplicatively, so with (a) plus the blessing you'd have 3927 * 1.3 = 5105 health. Other percentage health increases will presumably work the same. Edit: Mana is also the same, with int instead of con of course.
    RIP :(