Corpus Christi / Houston

Hi,

Going to be working in Corpus Christi from the 28th. august (thursday) and going to be in the states/area/new orleans(at the end, time off!) for about 2-3 weeks. Anyone live in this area besides Micaelis that wants to say hi?

Comments

• JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    edited August 2014

I take it all back.

yes, sir.
  • When I finish working over there I was planning to take about a week (or a short week) in new orleans. The whole when thing is still a bit unclear though. :) Just know I'm leaving on wednesday.

• I live in Arlington, so could make a quick road trip. Only a few hours to CC.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    I live in Arlington, so could make a quick road trip. Only a few hours to CC.

According to map, Arlington is a godawful long drive away!

• Rangor said:
    Atalkez said:

Not really. I've lived in DFW for years, and if we wanted to drive down to San Antonio or Corpus to visit family or something, we would, even if just for the weekend.

• Rangor said:
    Atalkez said:

This is Texas. Everything is a godawful drive away. We're used to it. Driving to Cali isn't much worse than going to the beach. Most people here would make that drive should paycheck allow.

• Ainia said:
    Rangor said:

When I finish working over there I was planning to take about a week (or a short week) in new orleans. The whole when thing is still a bit unclear though. :) Just know I'm leaving on wednesday.

So the week in NOLA might be sometime between September 8-14? Sept 11 is my birthday; I'm always down for spending it in a fun place!

Yep, I'm expecting it to be something like 8th to 13th . Got a flexible return flight, so might move it about depending on what happens.

Will probably know more by friday once I actually get to the place and see what I'm supposed to do there.

• Man that's a 6 hour drive, one a single highway straight shot. That's nothing.

Like was said before, this is Texas. I'm used to driving 4 hours just to go have fun, let alone visit people.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • well ok then. :)

• @Rangor - If you're in Houston, I will treat you to drinks! Can't leave town due to work stuff, but hit me up if you're around :smiley: 

• Made it to texas. Alive and well!

Working 12 hour days, and won't know if I get any days off until I get a day off. So preplanning stuff is difficult.  Leaving out of new orleans though, so def going there. :)
  • oh my god.. American Prime Time Rangor.. D:
  • For real. too bad I'm busy working! Haven't even gotten to test 0ms ping achaea. I hear it's a totally different experience.
  • Let's set a date for New Orleans! Need to bring @Ainia and @Atalkez over too. Gonna get wild. Make sure you bring: An oven mitt, your passport, and three coconuts. These are necessities. When you get free let me know @Rangor! I should be back in New Orleans roughly 5 days from now and will be taking vacation! Let's do this.
  • UlrikeUlrike Maryland
    edited August 2014
    Soooo Micaelis was talking a big game about New Orleans on an OOC clan, and I've never been there and have lots of Southwest points, and fuck it, so I think I might just go. (my flights are refundable if this doesn't happen.)

edit: also rangor + atalkez et al. please don't boomerang me into telephone poles or anything

• I'm fairly sure I will be able to be there from the 7th to the 13th of september.
  • I'm thinking September 12th can be the official day since it's a weekend. Usually Friday isn't as psycho as Saturday so it won't be so bad! So plan for that @Ulrike!
  • @ainia checking her schedule as well. She was interesting in having some fun on her birthday the 11th.
  • oh @micaelis, will you take me crocodile hunting?
  • New Orleans is so much fun. Wish I could go. Good music and good food is everywhere. We stayed on Bourbon Street in the Lafitte Guest House, which is far enough down it doesn't get drunks and close enough to Croissant d'Or to walk. Hope you have a great time!
  • Man, I want to go so bad. Need to work this out

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Watch out for vampires...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • So, if this is happening, where are good places to stay? Should I rent a car? Advice pls.

• Is happening. I'm renting a car and driving up from corpus christi. No idea where I'll be staying. :)
  • @Ulrike airbnb is always an amazing choice for traveling
  • Dates changed a bit. Will be driving up on thursday the 11th and staying for the whole weekend. Flight leaves monday morning the 15th.

Looking for a place to stay now. (or maybe I will buy a tent and camp out on @micaelis 's porch)
  • Booked into this one:

CLARION INN AND SUITES NEW ORLEANS, New Orleans (LA), USA (MSY) 

1300 CANAL STREET 
    Telefon +15042999900
  • Coo, my flights coincide fairly well with that.
    I don't think I'll rent a car, unless it becomes necessary -- looks like cabs and public transport aren't too bad, from what I'm reading so far.

The Marigny seems to be where hipster douchebags like me hang out, so I'm checkin' it out for crash places.