My alt is a Jester that I wouldn't mind getting into a bit of combat.
I have a few questions regarding which abilities do what, (a lot of the descriptions are vague/I misunderstand due to my lack of combat experience), and also questions regarding the required lessons/what to spend them on.
I'd prefer not to have to tri-trans, simply because if I put money into a character I'd rather it be my main. But if needed it's not a big deal.
If it's not required, I'd have about maybe 3600 or so total lessons to throw around? (This is just for the first couple of months while I figure the class out, then I'll actually start to invest).
I've read pretty much every single thread ever made about Jester combat, but there are still a few things I don't exactly understand.
- How can Hierophant be made useful, seeing as it has some limitations that prevent it from being cheap as all Hell? (I read about an INR tactic, but with serverside curing I'm not sure that's really useful to me). What kinds of things do people actually do with this?
- This may sound stupid, but I have absolutely no idea what a "fashion" is. People say things like, "oh yeah I had 20 fashions at that point", but I don't know what it's supposed to mean.
- How exactly does Death Tarot work, and how much balance/EQ does it take up per rub? Am I supposed to start fights off by rubbing it seven times? Then afterwards it seems like it takes a while to work... So am I supposed to have someone with two broken limbs, therefore they can't move? That just seems like I should use JitB, so I'm guessing that's not how it works.
- What does Aeon do? I literally have no idea. Also, what does Devil do? It says "it can only be used once", but I can't imagine that's a "you use it once on your character and never again". The six random cards it throws, is it at your target or something like that? Is tower useful in 1v1? Justice, Star, and Moon are also pretty vague.
- Is Mickey used in 1v1, or mainly groups? The EQ/Balance seems like it might be redundant to use it alone?
- Are illusions at all useful now, or should I just avoid practicing them?
- Jack in the Box: The goal is to keep someone in the room until the Jack in the Box goes off then? So things like Hangedman?
Regarding lessons: Where should lessons actually be? If it's tri-trans, then an answer isn't too necessary (unless there's a different skill I'll also need not including survival/vision)... But if double-transing is operable, what should I be doing?
Also, any arties required here? I'd probably also grab those once I like the combat more (or dislike and stop with it).
Thank you, I'll be on this all day.