Things To Remember When Fighting An Alchemist
Requested by @Sherazad to be taken from: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/2509/strongest-classes (thanks to @Jhui for clarification on some things)
Alchemists will typically open with vitrification (causes you to
bleed when using balance), or phlogisitication (consuming EQ will lessen
the effects of moss/potash) - Following, they will move onto their
Tempers are split into four separate humours: (if you're just wracking, you don't need levels for afflictions)
Increasing amounts of bleeding damage per level of humour. - Level 0/1
allows truewracking of haemophilia, Level 2 is recklessness and Level 3
- Phlegmatic: Each level will increase your smoke balance. Level 0/1 allows truewracking of clumsiness, Level 2 is weariness, and Level 3 is asthma.
- Choleric: Each level has an increasing chance for your random curing abilities to fail (tree, etc). Level 0/1 allows truewracking of Nausea, Level 2 sensitivity, Level 3 slickness.
- Melancholic: Each level makes potash/moss have an increasingly reduced effect. (around level 3-4 makes it heal for next to nothing). Level 0/1 allows truewracking of stupidity, Level 2 anorexia, Level 3 impatience.
A basic alchemist combo will generally be temper <target> <humour> + truewrack target <affliction 1> <affliction 2> - you can also truewrack via just the humours, if you don't care about sticking particular afflictions. Doing it that way, will hide the affliction that's shown, and just show that your humours have been wracked.
They can also combo symbology attacks, though this'll generally slow down their affliction rate since all symbology attacks are decently slower if you take nimble (which you should be doing if you wanna pvp). - Will also be slowed due to the fact they can only wrack a single affliction when educing, rather than truewracking for 2 (e.g temper <tar> sanguine; educe tin; wrack <tar> sanguine) - Humor levels increase by 1 on tempering, but can be increased up to 3 (this is cut off at 2 after you have 5 levels) if you temper a humor when they have a specific affliction from that pool or 2 if they have a general affliction from a different pool.
Following this, is the Inundate ability, which you should probably find the lines for to highlight. What this does, is drains all the fluid from whichever humour they inundate to do a specific effect;
- Sanguine: Bleeding. About 250 per fluid level.
- Choleric: Health loss. Each level will cause about 7% of your health to chunk away. (~70% at max) - Not affected by sensitivity.
- Melancholic: Same as above, but for mana.
- Phlegmatic: Randomly afflict with afflictions from: anorexia, slickness, weariness, lethargy. -- All four at a level 10 inundate.
The final part of their offence that you need to most definitely highlight / pay close attention to is homunculus corrupt (which can be combo'd with inundate). This causes bleeding to affect your mana rather than health, and your clotting to consume health rather than mana - do note that you can still, obviously, die from clotting if your health reaches 0.
shielding against an Alchemist is useless, please don't sit there spam
shielding. Tempering goes through shield, and they can combo their
afflicting with shield stripping and lose literally 0 momentum if they
pay attention and raze as soon as shield is put up.
PS from @Jhui: Do not wait until the You bleed <blah> message to clot. This is 100% going to get you killed if you don't pre-clot
PPS - If you have anything to add, feel free!
- 6.1K All Categories
- 3.1K Everything Achaea
- 1.5K North of Thera
- 23 Archives of the Terraformer
- 248 The Matsuhama Arena
- 879 The Golden Dais of Creation
- 289 The Scarlattan Theatre
- 146 The Blank Canvas
- 1.9K Getting Help
- 395 General Questions
- 255 Quick Class Questions
- 1.3K Tech Support
- 304 Client Help
- 469 Curing Systems and Scripts
- 836 Off-Topic
- 252 The Wander Inn
- 584 The Universal Membrane
- 289 Class Discussions
- 289 Individual Class Sections
- 20 Alchemist
- 9 Apostate
- 10 Bard
- 29 Blademaster
- 9 Depthswalker
- 13 Druid
- 4 Infernal
- 20 Jester
- 19 Magi
- 32 Monk
- 10 Occultist
- 7 Paladin
- 7 Priest
- 28 Runewarden
- 18 Sentinel
- 26 Serpent
- 19 Shaman
- 9 Sylvan