BM logs

2»

Comments

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
  • I have a BM log.

http://i.imgur.com/znNO3uq.jpg

Wrong kind of BM? 

• Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.

• Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • @Santar - I thought that was going to be something else entirely.

• edited August 2014
    Atalkez said:
    Best part: 
     Kross moves in towards you in a grabbing posture.
     Kross lifts you triumphantly into the air, then yanks you down into his raised knee with back breaking force. 
    1%h 96%m 98%e 90%w 96 shin Sanya 66.3% |EE D C MW (-3974h, 82.4%)

• Why do I keep seeing people setting/clearing aliases on every attack.  This makes no damn sense.  Even if it did make sense, at least gag it or something, no?

• I'm assuming it's their system is setup to change their attack pattern automatically. Basically just sit there and push one button and win.

• AustereAustere Tennessee

my guess is for striking augments while still using serverside queue.  Doesn't explain all of it,  but it does a lot. 

• Nobody can push one button and win against anyone decent. Trust me.
  • It's to utilize serverside aliases convenience (spammable, single prompt) without having many different aliases for the same attack.

For instance if you press F1 then the next time you run your legslash alias it will legslash left and strike neck, but if you had pressed F2 it would strike throat, while still using the same alias.

Very useful for classes with tertiary balances mostly, but Atalkez could do it more optimally it looks like (not resetting the alias if it's already properly set and probably some other stuff).

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • There is a server side queue gag but the command doesn't work or I would have it gagged.

Also I do everything 100% manual. Every alias I type out manually. The queue let's me optimize my speed and set my command well before balance.

I could take the clears out of the alias really that just more work haha.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    Man, I can think of a million better ways of doing that and not losing any control. .. Could focus on the D a lot more if you did. 
  • You could gag it client-side

• I was being hyperbolic, but you could theoretically code a one button win script, with enough time, you'd have to just account for all variables, and be tougher than everyone else. (When I say one button win, I just mean a script that combats for you automatically once invoked, not that you're necessarily gonna win.)
    A  100% fully automated combat script is very unfeasible.  You would have to know every possibility and have algorithms for everything from escaping at certain points to changing tactics.  For the amount of work required,  you could always just learn to play the game the way it is supposed to be played and enjoy it. Instead of just letting your computer run. While I think some automation is good,  if you can hands off win,  why play? 
  • Here's a hypothetical: How do Blademasters tank stupid damage (i.e. Monk combos)?  Can they parry without a weapon wielded, or Guard, or something? 

• I agree, which  is why I don't like the idea of the system changing your aliases automatically... seems like too much automation, imo.
    edited August 2014
    Bm can still parry. I forget what the ability is called but I think it is in two arts.
    Edit: system changing aliases is not even close to fully auto,  and it is a very good method to consolidate into serverside queue without using 6 million aliases. Could still select everything client side,  then have an alias to set the server side alias using the variables you selected.  
  • Well where would you draw the line then?
  • edited August 2014
    Austere said:
    Bm can still parry. I forget what the ability is called but I think it is in two arts.
    There's no ability for it, except maybe preparation (I don't know if you can parry without positioning your scabbard first), you can just use your equipped scabbard to parry normally (with parry in weaponry).

Mir stance gives huge damage reduction, which can help a lot with tanking, but it comes at the cost of slowing your balance a lot.

• Sena said:
    Austere said:
    There's no ability for it, except maybe preparation (I don't know if you can parry without positioning your scabbard first), you can just use your equipped scabbard to parry normally (with parry in weaponry).

Mir stance gives huge damage reduction, which can help a lot with tanking, but it comes at the cost of slowing your balance a lot.

I ask because I fought a BM today who died in seven seconds.  Not a Grook or Mhun BM.

I guess he just wasn't hindering as much as he should've?

• The alias queue simply cuts down on time for me. I'm as fast as possible with it.

We use the scabbard to parry and it must be positioned. Is learned like all other parry in weaponry.

He either was tiny, not tri trans, or simply wasn't hurting you back. I love my free impale slash and twists vs monk. Pommel/neck, temple, groin, hands work well too

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Yeah yeah, don't show the one where I beat you :neutral_face: 
    No need to post that one @Kross‌, we all know you did.