Eleusis vs Mhaldor, the Good and the Bad!

Comments

• The raid started vs defenders in Shallam :) (Started because a lot of them left after we stomped a few times)

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    To be fair, we destroyed several Mhaldorian rooms, including the bank, tank room, captured all their tanks and killed 30 guards over this past week during off hours, not with 16+ versus 2-4 odds though. If incompetent people didn't waste the font unnecessarily and we had a few more of our core around, yesterday's outcome would have been preventable.

This war was handled really poorly and dishonourably by Ravien with no prior thought going into the mechanics behind exterms in relation to our RP and underestimating the side effects of declaration of hostilities when a number of Eleusians were inactive. I hope something good comes out of this.

I couldn't agree more Exel. I've held my tongue on the whole matter as I have not been able to log in much at all (classes just started and I was on an Oklahoma to Utah to Wyoming and back to Oklahoma trip for class [yes, awesome class] during the entire period of the war...great timing...), but it really seems like besides the major combatants in Eleusis, everyone else was completely dumb-struck by the declaration of war and unprepared for it.

On a side note, my ONLY interaction during the war was the first day of my trip, I logged in to Achaea from our last source of internet for a few weeks. I start reading all this news on the war when @Micositu‌ jumps into the room, snags a couple of backstabs, kills me, and then leaves. All I could do was laugh, since I was on some random ass hotel computer with no scripts or anything. Hahah, well played sir, well played...

• Rangor said:
    Saeva said:

Most horrible excuse for a start to a war and an equally shitty and anticlimactic ending. GG Eleusis leadership

I am so deeply sorry we could not live up to your quality of war interactions. We will strive to make it more enjoyable for you in the future.

Rofl if you think -I- am the one who is deeply disappointed.

• During all the joking about how Mhaldor needs to take a page out of Targ's book in winning a war, I forgot how shitty it was to be on the receiving end of it.

• Herenicus said:

I had hoped to get a poetic reply to the tune of "Herenicus, thou mayest go fuck thyself"

Title: Our birds sing not.

Insert poetry.

• Rangor said:

Title: Our warriors fight not.

Insert poetry.

FTFY

• edited August 2014

(Party): Mako says, "I got ganked hunting by Mhaldors soldiers."

(Party): Mako says, "They claim the war is not over."

lol'd.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Saw Kiah and Mako die to Aegoth earlier with potentially the same reasoning, and I've heard of a few other incidents.

I don't really know what to make of it though, I can't tell if it's isolated incidents or if I'm missing something, because I've been wandering around just fine!

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited August 2014

Well, if you provide names, I'm sure we can look into it. Providing no context doesn't really help much, especially given what I've heard of how certain Eleusians have been acting in tandem with other cities towards Mhaldorian soldiers after the war.

It's all hearsay for me though, so willing to give benefit of the doubt either way (for now).

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    To be fair. Mako.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Ninja'd by Carmain.

Pretty sure it was Leviticus, though.

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa

@Aktillum‌ With regard to the army, your argument is exactly why Athelas did not quit the army, when given the opportunity. Joining the army seems to be a very frivolous decision to some.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Aktillum said:
    Daeir said:
    Sena said:

When you've had the same leader for 7.5 RL years (is that accurate?), it's probably time for a change no matter how awesome the leader is.

It bothers me immensely that such a long tenure is even allowed. I can get that sort of thing for positions that people don't want to do (Hi Yen, you're awesome) but for city leaders it seems a bit.. selfish, honestly.

Step back and let someone else take front-seat for a while.

Last I checked, anyone can contest a city leader. If people wanted Ravien replaced, there'd be elections. Ravien hasn't been contested in god knows how long, if ever, so obviously people are comfortable enough with the quality of her leadership. There's a handful of people who are angry at her right now, but none of them, off the top of my head, would be any better in the position. A few of them would definitely be worse.

Yeah, she ruffled a few feathers by abruptly starting a war without "consulting" anyone. So what? Cities in Achaea should be at war all the time anyways, the army exists for good reason: during wartime (which should be all the time) soldiers are open PK.

Mhaldor would be raiding and exterming whether or not war was officially declared, so I fail to see how anyone is negatively effected by this, except the people who shouldn't be enlisted soldiers in the first place.

Sucks that Eleusis pulled out of the war. Sucks we don't have more active combatants. Shit happens.

Edit: Quick question for anyone in the military IRL. When you enlisted and went to MEPs, did you tell the career officer "well, I don't actually wanna be deployed and get shot at or anything like that, I just wanna wear the uniform".

Cause I swear thats what a lot of people sound like IG.

To the bolded: That is incorrect. The city leader (aka Speaker, Imperiate and so on) cannot be contested via the hardcoded method. The only way to have the main CL step down is if the Council has a majority (either three or four depending on number of Council members - for us, four) that agree and SUPPORT (in-game command) another Council member. So that a) Makes it difficult to do in the first place, exceedingly so, and b) You have to have another Council member at least four people agree could run the city in the other's place. Difficult combination.

As to the rest, it's pretty clear you're out of the loop (you don't log in very much, so I guess that's understandable). If you want more reasoning, you should actually seek to talk to the people who have an issue, perhaps, instead of assuming here on an OOC forums where they wouldn't be likely to answer the questions. :)

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines

@Melodie I log in quite frequently, just about every day. Probably not the same times as you. Sucks that the CL can't be directly contested, but that doesn't make it all that difficult. Imyrr was sitting pretty as Ashtan's Overseer for quite a long time, then it crumpled beneath him when Darknight moved into town.

• edited August 2014
    Dunn said:

Ninja'd by Carmain.

Yes but of course Mako does not give you the context. I was in Annwyn bashing. Eleison and his gank squad come down with Exelethril and then I see Mako mind locking me. So I leave after evading Eleison. I asked Mako what he was doing and why he was attacking me and he claimed "I was just mind locking you, that is not an attack". Okay cool we were in a free PK area. So I waited until I seen him to into UW. He died to me in UW. He went to UW again about twenty minutes later. He died to me for the last time. I then left him alone. But true, I did not read the news and did not realize the war has ended. I did not participate much anyways.
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness

It is less likely...

but regardless they're on a freeze for new recruits for a while.

• edited August 2014
    Leviticus said:
    Dunn said:

Ninja'd by Carmain.

Yes but of course Mako does not give you the context. I was in Annwyn bashing. Eleison and his gank squad come down with Exelethril and then I see Mako mind locking me. So I leave after evading Eleison. I asked Mako what he was doing and why he was attacking me and he claimed "I was just mind locking you, that is not an attack". Okay cool we were in a free PK area. So I waited until I seen him to into UW. He died to me in UW. He went to UW again about twenty minutes later. He died to me for the last time. I then left him alone. But true, I did not read the news and did not realize the war has ended. I did not participate much anyways.
    I didn't know you were there and I was probably there before Eleison, I had nothing to do with him and didn't interact with you since forever. Why mention me? D: 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Rakon said:
    Herenicus said:
    Aktillum said:
    Edit: Quick question for anyone in the military IRL. When you enlisted and went to MEPs, did you tell the career officer "well, I don't actually wanna be deployed and get shot at or anything like that, I just wanna wear the uniform".

This is completely inappropriate. Plenty of airmen have been deployed (for three months in a green zone completely with PX and movie theater), shot at (one time, at basic, live fire counts right), and made sacrifices. Have you tasted this slop they feed airmen at the DFAC??

Insensitive clod.  

I heard those guys get stationed at the Ramada Inn Iraq.  T/F?

*Animated Signature*

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front

• Aktillum said:

Cause I swear thats what a lot of people sound like IG.

I get your point, but joining an actual military is a LOT different than joining the military in the game. Basically because Achaea is a game intended for entertainment, including its in-game military (which is a method of experiencing the game's PvP), whereas a country's military has a multitude of purposes that don't really fall under 'entertainment'. Despite the game borrowing the general definition and flavour of 'a military,' the two really shouldn't be compared in this case.

As for long terms in leadership - I've always advocated having an agenda going in, fulfilling that agenda in a way that betters the organisation, then looking for your replacement who will have different ideas and strengths going in, regardless of how long the whole process takes. That said, if Eleusis wants a change, they'll have to do it themselves, one way or another! If you don't like the current Council because it won't make changes, contest 'em, then contest the Speaker. 

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Herenicus said:
    Aktillum said:

#rekt