HTML5 Client Questions and Such

Comments

• Ephram said:

How are tabbed targets supposed to work? Because it is definitely not setting my targets.

Also, this is probably a stupid question, but what's a hard refresh?

Agreed - if I do t (something) and then try using my @tar keybinding, it just tells me to choose a target with tab, and that doesn't allow me to target players.

• Hard refresh basically reloads the page without using any cached resources. In Windows, it's Ctrl+F5.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods

Seems to be working ok for me! Might need to make sure that you've done the refresh to get the latest version - if you see the Target: <target> <health%> on the bottom status bar, you're all up to date.

I used the F2 - CONSIDER @TAR button there to consider the guard - is that not working for you, @Bukariin‌?Do you have some other target aliases set? If you use ST <whatever denizen is in the room>, does it highlight the denizen in the room information pane, and put it's status in the bar below the input box?

• edited August 2014

It seems to be a rather on-and-off problem.  I just logged in, did t rat, and found myself killing rats just fine, but then, after testing on a player:

With a squeak, a rat darts into the room, looking about wildly.

You haven't selected any target. Please use the TAB key to do so.

Set tar to rat

This is a minor annoyance against NPCs (I can always just BOP RAT) but when it happens with players, as happened yesterday, it's kind of debilitating.

E: The problem isn't with assigning the @tar variable, that part works fine, it's when you try to use the @tar variable with a command like bop @tar or fling aeon at @tar.  This bug prevents ALL steps of a Button that utilizes @tar - so normally I'd outd aeon, charge aeon, fling aeon, but when it's giving me the "Please use the TAB key" message, I don't even outd aeon or charge aeon first. 
    Bukariin said:

It seems to be a rather on-and-off problem.  I just logged in, did t rat, and found myself killing rats just fine, but then, after testing on a player:

With a squeak, a rat darts into the room, looking about wildly.

Set tar to rat

This is a minor annoyance against NPCs (I can always just BOP RAT) but when it happens with players, as happened yesterday, it's kind of debilitating.

E: The problem isn't with assigning the @tar variable, that part works fine, it's when you try to use the @tar variable with a command like bop @tar or fling aeon at @tar.  This bug prevents ALL steps of a Button that utilizes @tar - so normally I'd outd aeon, charge aeon, fling aeon, but when it's giving me the "Please use the TAB key" message, I don't even outd aeon or charge aeon first. 

Ah, yep, I see what you're trying to do now - I'll get it sorted out and fixed up in the next little while!

• I have a Chromebook, so I don't have function keys. Just the ~ key set as a keybind to drawslash. Shows up on the bottom, but won't drawslash unless I type in t pixie. Or y'know, something non newbie.

• You can see where my target shows up on the bottom, but not on the prompt. So something isn't being set or I'm completely confused...

• So one of the awkward things that happens due to this (or a different but related) bug:

15:26:17.387 You reach out and bop a baby rat on the nose with your blackjack.

15:26:17.387 You have slain a baby rat, retrieving the corpse.

15:26:17.387 2782h, 3542m, 12800e, 15000w edb-

15:26:19.813 

15:26:19.813 You have recovered balance on all limbs.

15:26:19.813 2782h, 3542m, 12810e, 15000w exdb-

There are no suitable targets here.

15:26:29.428 Nefarious Way.

15:26:29.428 A noxious, red-hued fog overwhelms the area with a thick, palpable vapour. A

15:26:29.428 runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. A sigil in the shape of a small,

15:26:29.428 rectangular monolith is on the ground.

15:26:29.428 You see exits leading north, east, and south.

15:26:29.428 2782h, 3542m, 12808e, 15000w exdb-

15:26:35.417 A large, burly mhun saunters in from the south.

15:26:35.417 2782h, 3542m, 12810e, 15000w exdb-

15:26:39.621 You give a mhun smelter a sound thumping with your blackjack.

I figured out that if I tabbed my first target (a rat) I would then continue thwonking rats with the bop @tar hotkey.  Notice in this log how I didn't change my target, but I ended up hitting a mhun instead of nothing.  I'd hate to accidentally bop Maric or a Lich or something.
  • edited August 2014

Using ST (target) instead of T (target) seems to resolve the issue.

E: Nope, arbitrarily targeting other NPCs just like with T (target).

• Also tried ST in the Arena and my attacks defaulted to targeting Qwuan's water weird instead of him.

Bukariin said:

Also tried ST in the Arena and my attacks defaulted to targeting Qwuan's water weird instead of him.

Yep, same issue - will be fixed ASAP!

Tecton said:

Bukariin said:

Also tried ST in the Arena and my attacks defaulted to targeting Qwuan's water weird instead of him.

Yep, same issue - will be fixed ASAP!

Ok, this should be all sorted out now, sorry for the inconvenience.

• edited August 2014

I'm afraid to report that player targeting is still not working.

e: Attempting a Hangedman hotkey

12:44:09.785 Malefic Aluwyn says, "... Very well."

12:44:09.785 2782h, 3542m, 12810e, 15000w exdb-

12:44:13.930 You nod your head emphatically.

12:44:13.930 2782h, 3542m, 12810e, 15000w exdb-

Set tar to aluwyn

12:44:27.294 Your target is now: Aluwyn (an adventurer)

12:44:27.294 2782h, 3542m, 12810e, 15000w exdb-

12:44:33.572 You tilt your head to one side, rub your chin, and thoughtfully declare "Hrm."

Bukariin said:

I'm afraid to report that player targeting is still not working.

e: Attempting a Hangedman hotkey

12:44:09.785 Malefic Aluwyn says, "... Very well."

12:44:09.785 2782h, 3542m, 12810e, 15000w exdb-

12:44:13.930 You nod your head emphatically.

12:44:13.930 2782h, 3542m, 12810e, 15000w exdb-

Set tar to aluwyn

12:44:27.294 Your target is now: Aluwyn (an adventurer)

12:44:27.294 2782h, 3542m, 12810e, 15000w exdb-

12:44:33.572 You tilt your head to one side, rub your chin, and thoughtfully declare "Hrm."

Next time I see you in-game, I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's going wrong.

• In the meantime, the workaround is to assign your commands to an Alias, then utilize that Alias (instead of anything involving @tar) in a Button.  So for example, I have an Alias for flinging Hangedman called "FD", and hitting F4 executes FD, not the three commands needed to fling Hangedman at a specific target.

Ok, all of the buttons are now correctly working with @tar for player targets - enjoy!

• Does this or will this eventually feature a configurable option to show numerical figures for health and mana instead of just the lifebar format? I didn't see anything in the options menu.

You can mouse-over the bars to show the numerical value currently, as well as turning off the prompt gagging, but there's no current method to have the value show full-time on the gauge. I'll add it to the list though!

• I'm trying to make a script for opening doors that are shut, the line that I want it to read is:

There is a door in the way, to the east.

However I want to make "east" a variable, so that whichever direction the door is in the script reads that and opens it accordingly.
    Any ideas/help as to how I would go about this?

• @Eotir: You'll need to use a regular expression trigger and a capture group for the direction. I've written about how to do that before here: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/103737/#Comment_103737  (nearer the end of that post)

• @Eotir - for ease, it should look like this:

Trigger name: OPEN DOOR <dir>

Trigger text: ^There is a door in the way, to the (\w+)\.$

Matching type: Regular expression

Actions: Execute script

Script: send_direct("open door " + args[1])

Make sure you click "Save changes" at the bottom, and also "Save Client Settings" at the top.

• Is there a way to use the curing system to defup automatically when I enter realms? I have had some success with some of the defences, but some of them dont seem to work. I think it is because I am using perphaps the wrong word for the defence. For example curing priority defence exothermic 7 doesnt seem to work. but curing priority defence toxin 6 does work.

Also, does anyone have a good recommendation of what defence priority should be. I have selfishness as number 1,but the others I wasnt sure about. any thoughts on this?

• Kycen said:
    Is there a way to use the curing system to defup automatically when I enter realms? I have had some success with some of the defences, but some of them dont seem to work. I think it is because I am using perphaps the wrong word for the defence. For example curing priority defence exothermic 7 doesnt seem to work. but curing priority defence toxin 6 does work.
    If you have curing on and defences on, it should defup automatically whenever it can. You can see a list of defences with DEFENCE LIST. Some of them have other valid ways to refer to them ("toxin" for example sets the "poisonresist" defence), if the transmutation name (like exothermic) doesn't work you can try the concoctions version (caloric), and then checking CURING PRIORITY DEFENCE LIST will show you the actual name of the defence (insulation in this case).
  • @sena thank you that is helpful

• I can't seem to get this to work, any ideas why?

^(/w+) takes some salve from a vial and rubs it on (?:his|her) legs.$
    regex

execute script:

client.current_line.gag = true;

print("CURED: " + args[1] + " APPLIED TO LEGS!!", "green", "black");

• Try \w+ instead of /w+.

Also, it's a good idea to escape periods (put a \ before them), since regex uses periods as wildcards that can match any character. "Any character" includes periods, so it will match the line you want, but it can also match any other character in place of the period, which can cause problems for certain lines by matching more than you want to match.
  • @Antionette‌ Unless the HTML5 client is doing really weird things, it should be (\w+) at the start - backslash, not a forward slash.
  • ^(\w+) snaps (?:his|her) fingers in front of you\.$

deadeyes @1 paralyse peace
    @1 IS TRYING TO STEAL FROM YOU
    @1 IS TRYING TO STEAL FROM YOU

This doesn't seem to be activated no matter what I try...
    Also, I'm trying to gag people inhaling+exhaling but that doesn't seem to want to work either.
    Any ideas?

(I'd be using that anti-theft trigger only when I'm not in regular combat, of course).

• edited September 2014
    gags
    trigger: exhales loudly. 
    contains.

under actions > hide the line
    anti theft
    ^(\w+) snaps (?:his|her) fingers in front of you\.$

command: deadeyes @1 paralyse peace
    execute script: 
    print("Theft: " + args[1] + " is trying to steal from you!", "orange", "black");

• @Antionette‌
    Perfect, thank you. Working now.