Strongest classes

edited August 2014 in The Matsuhama Arena
Been away for awhile and considering coming back. What are the strongest classes these days? Is there anything else that's significant or substantially different? Thanks. 

Comments

• edited August 2014

Pretty much all classes are pretty balanced and strong these days. It'd be really hard to create a legit tier list, especially after the last round of classleads. Pretty much everything that was overpowered got nerfed, and everything that sucked got a boost.  It's seriously pretty balanced now.

I'd be perfectly willing to play any class in the game with the proper artie/race/trait setup.

• Oh, also, dunno if you know, but they're preparing a MASSIVE Knight overhaul where they're splitting it into like 3-4 types of specializations. So if that gets your blood rolling, you might want to go Knight.

• Santar said:

Pretty much all classes are pretty balanced and strong these days. It'd be really hard to create a legit tier list, especially after the last round of classleads. Pretty much everything that was overpowered got nerfed, and everything that sucked got a boost.  It's seriously pretty balanced now.

I'd be perfectly willing to play any class in the game with the proper artie/race/trait setup.

Lies, Shaman are broken. That's why they are being reworked.

• Shamans are great for 1v1, they're just insufferable to play in group fights.

• edited August 2014

Is Ashtan still super gay and strong n stuff? Also I know that ranged combat got nerfed to 3(?) rooms. Are raids and skirmishes just really quick melee/snipe fights now?

Kinda want to go apostate since I've never been one..

• serpent is amazingly good right now.

Apostate isn't in the best position at all.

• Why's serpent good. Don't you need thoths to even stand a chance?

• XerXer Langley
    edited August 2014

They reworked Dstab speed to scale with Dex, allowing artefacted Dirks like Thoth's to allow you to reach that cap with less Dex, allowing you to get more Cons (or Str for Backstab), etc. In addition to new abilities such as pinshot, new ways to kill involving Darkshade, and a hypochondria change/buff, Serpents are in a good position, 1v1 and group combat, and of course for infiltration/spy/being a nuisance to everyone :P Oh, I dunno if you were around for this change too, but they also lowered the variability in timings of Hypnosis - that is to say, the variability in the timing of the afflictions a hypno chain gives has been reduced. Oh, you can also FLAY shield AND give an affliction, like Razeslash. And probably a number of other changes and tweaks that I forgot about.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Whoah, Darroth is coming back.

They also did some reworks involving Traits (little buffs you get every 20 levels roughly) and Specialization (trade 1 base stat for 2 stats elsewhere) so now I have a 16 Dex Mhun with no Arties. 

• XerXer Langley
    edited August 2014

Apostate is still amazing in groups despite nerfs to certain things like how long ghands last and a wind up time to blackwind (which were nerfed alongside their respective counterparts such as piety and AF in a similar fashion) - Ghands, Spear, Beckon, Apathy, Sap/Cath, etc. Without getting into the details, it feels as though most single combat matchups as an Apostate turn out to be a stalemate if both fighters play defensively at the right moments, so it can be a bit boring (like if BM's or Serp's evade out every three deadeyes, or Jesters that refuse to fight indoors and Shackle/Balloon out every so often, Monks that Disrupt to slow momentum but can't kill you because Vigour/Apathy/Putrefaction/Stuff mitigates too much damage, etc. T_T). Compared to Bard, or Serpent, as an affliction class, it seems a bit lackluster at the moment, but that's my opinion on the matter. It's still strong, and if you capitalize on mistakes, particularly if you get Expert Diagnoser, you can still probably lock anyone, but the overall speed in which those locks can be achieved are slower than that of Bard and Serpent. Its group raid utility probably makes up for it though if we look at the class as a whole.

Oh, we did get Truestare so long as we have Mindseye + Truestare up, you can deadeyes while blind, so you won't get instant transfixed by Magi or Sentinel butterflies now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Santar said:

Shamans are great for 1v1, they're just insufferable to play in group fights.

I do great in group fights!

• Santar said:

Ya, Ashtan is still full of the typical tards.

Lel.

• Darroth said:

Is Ashtan still super gay and strong n stuff? Also I know that ranged combat got nerfed to 3(?) rooms. Are raids and skirmishes just really quick melee/snipe fights now?

Kinda want to go apostate since I've never been one..

r u 12 tho

• Dunn said:
    Santar said:

Ya, Ashtan is still full of the typical tards.

Lel.

Well, I mean, he asked a straightforward question and I gave an honest answer. ^_^

• Serpent is monstrous. I loved this class. Definitely best overall class.

Monk is still Monk.

Bard is currently unbeatable. 

Because no fighters play Druid, it got to keep Ignite (insta Incinerate windup), making it the best combat class in the game.

Sentinel was given its speed back, then got it taken away.

Runies are the best bashers in the game. They're blenders.

Nobody plays Paladin anymore, even though it's still the Uberknight.

Blademaster is more overpowered than ever, but it's currently out of season. Seriously, it's mad.

Nobody likes fighting Apostate because it's a defensive nightmare:

Perma Confusion, Bloodworms to keep off EQ; Paralysis at herb balance speed for perma para; people now track their own limbs so they banish Nightmare and summon Daemonite on prep (can also do prone), Daegger Shadowstrike after prone breaks, then Apathy/Vigour/Tumble out of Gravehands; Syphon/walk out of Gravehands vs locks/momentum. Plus, Putrefaction + Demon Armour stacks stupidly. 

Unkillable, we messed up somewhere.

• Darroth said:
    Been away for awhile and considering coming back. What are the strongest classes these days? Is there anything else that's significant or substantially different? Thanks. 

TEAM GREEN BABY. I <3 YOU DARROTH

• WB. Go Jester.

• am jester but never got any kills. I have a lupine laying around that I never upgraded to use as jester so I may go serp. 

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited August 2014
    Darroth said:

am jester but never got any kills. I have a lupine laying around that I never upgraded to use as jester so I may go serp. 

Lupine got nerfed pretty hard (bug fix they say)

Pretty much every class is balanced imo, while some classes are better at group combat and others at 1v1.

Alchemist may be the best 1v1 class unless im just fighting against it wrong (which is likely)

Bm is even stronger than before with the ability to truelock.

Knight atm is kinda meh with disembowel still sucking (but knight changes) (not counting infernal also)

Axe kick is gone.

Occie is kinda meh anymore.

Apostate wouldn't recommend it

Jester still the same.

Magi if over artied is kinda ridic (the damage)

Priest is likely in a good spot now.

Slickness now drops quicksilver/sileris from your target and the higher your dex the faster your dstab is. (good spot now)

That's all for 1v1 and just my personal opinion of course. 

edit: By lupine getting nerfed I mean bows for classes that can't use bows in general the accuracy has been cut by alot, and as a bm I missed quite a few kills I should have gotten by missing 5 times in a row one room away with no wall up.

Serpent sniping and knight sniping with lupines is still fine.

• Lupine didn't get nerfed. 'Shoot' got nerfed. Snipe is the dy-nasty.

• To add, probably the biggest change to serpent people haven't mentioned is that illusions are a far less relevant factor now. Due to the implementation of serverside curing, they're no longer really a reliable method (hence many of the mechanical boosts to serpent offense). If they're a factor in why you'd want to play serpent, that might be worth considering.
  • Biggest change to serpent is abilities stacking with dex and flay delivering venoms.

Come be sentinel serpent darroth baby. I missed u. <3

• freezepound is an instant now!

druid 4ever

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp

Serpent illusion still strong but it's moving in a different direction than in the past. Affliction-line illusions are no longer effective against most people because more and more are starting to switch over to server-side curing / hybrid systems making use of it. The focus now is more on defensive/fuckery type illusions to fool counters/trackers and also the player behind your opponent.

This transition is still taking place and has some rough edges for both non-affliction and affliction classes. Serpent is extremely boss right now vs. all but a few classes - which are mechanically lockable but practically unlockable at the moment. Hopefully with a few more rounds of classleads those things will be fixed - provided the proponents of those classes don't win the social engineering game we all play when it comes to our favored class.

Bard is freaking awesome but it's too reliant on a locking gimmick that imo should be fixed. If you're a fair-weather class-hopper, Bard is where you'll probably want to be right now.

• Hi Dardar.

• How does alchemist work now? Not like I knew anything about how they worked pre-overhaul, but now I'm completely in the dark as opposed to mostly.

• Step 1) Temper their humours lots, comboing with truewrack.

Step 2) Fuck them up.

That's my understanding of how to fight as an Alchemist.

• That's been my experience with literally every alchemist I've fought.