(Possibly) Coming Back

Hail Sartan, etc.

Something like two years ago I logged in, fished for a few minutes, got robbed for my pack and ragequit. 

I heard through the grapevine that people were still actually playing this game and decided to see if the forums were dead.  Not only are some of my favorite people still here (except Rean, rip in peace) but things have changed for the better?  Vadi is still updating his curing system?  The browser client is kind of awesome?  More classes?  Houses becoming reasonable?

More importantly, I am a Jester and wasn't having much fun as a Jester anymore when I quit.  Have Jesters received any considerable attention in the last two or three years, and would I be kicking myself later if I switched to Serpent?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

well, theft is a bit harder now, so you wouldn't be losing your pack as easily anymore @Bukariin! Pre-emptive welcome back!

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited August 2014

I heard about that, too.  Can I still successfully Hierophant people who have their reflexes off and are AFK?  Or did that get nerfed too?

• Just wait for a few more releases of the browser client, then you'll see awesome.

And welcome back!

• Bukakke is back yay!

• Trey said:
    Bukakke is back yay!

Hot

• Itchpowder now gives impatience on a loop. Cripple now prones and costs 4 fashions. Bop gives a masked mental affliction. Concussion is 20 fashions now (not sure how long its been like that). 

Good stuff. 

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Nyet, Bukariin. Stop with your stalin. Mhaldor needs you!
  • @Talysin, that's... wow.

I still have logs of some of my Jester fights from 2008ish and my opponents always had around 30 seconds to poke me from all directions before I could even start spending fashions in a meaningful way.

The masked afflictions sound pretty neat too.

@Sarapis, good to hear there's still more development, even though the current browser client SO MUCH BETTER than when I left.  Swapping targets with Tab was a brilliant idea.

• edited August 2014

Yes, Jester is still fashion fashion until you get a reasonable amount. Unless you want to go for the oh-so-inconsistent dagger lock.

• For the most part, only serpents can steal from players, and it's done with the pickpocket command (you mostly can't force give/drop/throw/put/etc. any more). Targeting a specific item with pickpocket has a very low success rate, and whether you succeed or fail, there's a long cooldown before you can try again on that player.

So even if a serpent finds you AFK without reflexes for half an hour, you have a good chance of keeping your pack. They'll have plenty of time to steal most of your gold, it's just your items (most of them at least) that won't be at too much risk.

• Jester is much prettier than when I left it. But even then it was very capable as long as you recycled (or cycled) your tricks. 

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • (Possibly) welcome back!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• So now it's just a matter of grinding up armor, pipes, vials (ohgod so many), cards and getting a healing system in place.  I'll be back to Aeonspamming and javelin juggling in no time.

On that subject: Anybody need some bulk inscribing done? 

• I'd hire you, but you're a heathen etc. #ForumRP

• Bukariin said:

So now it's just a matter of grinding up armor, pipes, vials (ohgod so many), cards and getting a healing system in place.  I'll be back to Aeonspamming and javelin juggling in no time.

CURING ON;CURING STATUS;yay

• Yeah, I did notice HELP CURING SYSTEM.  Does it work?  And does it care if I have a combination of herbs and minerals in my rift?

• It works. Not as well as a client-side curing system (or a hybrid, a client-side system that uses server-side curing, like Nemutaur's WunderSys), but it's enough to let you fight.

You can switch between herbs and minerals, but you can't set it to use a mix of both.

• Bukariin said:

So now it's just a matter of grinding up armor, pipes, vials (ohgod so many), cards and getting a healing system in place.  I'll be back to Aeonspamming and javelin juggling in no time.

Even vials are easier now! Just gotta buy the empties (or get someone to give you empties), and fill through tuns in a shop. Fills are like 200-300 a pop.

Cards shouldn't have decayed, but yeah, those are a nightmare. Hmmm... idea.

• @Mizik, yeah, I managed to get a whole set of vials for around 6-7k.  Wayyyyy cheaper than it was back in the day.

I don't know, I think my deck might've decayed at some point, or was stolen, or something. 

@Sena, I figured as much.  Oh well.  Anybody need 900 echinacea?

• PM me and I'll get you started on combat stuff.

• Welcome back, @Bukariin! Some things you may have missed as well:

*New classes: blademaster and alchemist

* -Shallam, +Targossas

* -A lot of other Gods/Goddesses, +Aurora and Deucalion for Good