What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Got a target painted on my back apparently, defending Melodie in Cyrene. 

Teehee!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Slowly getting culture back on its feet - despite a few hiccoughs.

• Holy shit that .gif is gonna give me nightmares.

• So uh... is defile, witness, kill defiler, yield writ, kill person again like... normal?

• Writ wasn't yielded.

i'm a rebel

• Oh. I thought yielding just meant moving the writ from org possession to player possession. Still shitty tho

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Jacen said:

Oh. I thought yielding just meant moving the writ from org possession to player possession. Still shitty tho

Actually the very opposite. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Ahh, so its like Jacen defiles, Goggo witnesses and gets writ, Goggo fights, Tesha fights, Tesha gets kill, Goggo gets another kill whenever he wants. 

Sounds legit

• Idk, it just feels crappy to me. There's no room for the casual PvPer. Like, you can do this one thing to get some conflict, but you're gonna die multiple times for it. Makes it super hard for the lower-ability groups to climb into bigger conflict, because you'll just get griefed out of it.

• TraelorTraelor Columbia, SC
    Jhui said:
    Why do you have to die multiple times for it?  Why can't you kill the people?

Because I'm scrub :disappointed: 

Traelor - Saving the day since 594

• Defiling isn't for the casual PVPer, it's an open invitation to anyone in that order to come and fight you, sometimes two deaths is the result of that. Ask for a spar or duel if you only want to fight on your terms and only when you want to. It sounds like that's what you want, and defiling isn't the way to achieve that.

i'm a rebel

• Because you're submitting yourself to being jumped on their terms. Something a lot of people can't overcome. 

• You tell X, "In the name of <patron Deity of choice>, I challenge you to stand and face your doom, for your crimes."

Defiling isn't the only way to get someone to fight you.

• If you want to dip into PvP but you don't want many consequences, stick with defense. 

• KayeilKayeil Washington State

If you can't handle the consequences of defiling, then don't defile. Simple as that.

What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• So I didn't defile today, but I did get involved in a skirmish between Eleusis and Mhaldor. Even inflamed someone to death.

• Its not that simple though. That's assuming you live in a perfect world where no one breaks the rules or griefs. What should the consequences of defiling be? 2 deaths per attempt? 5? Open PK to the Order for an hour? A day?

How can you ever expect to bring a new faction into the mix when its an uphill battle the whole way?

• Jacen said:

Its not that simple though. That's assuming you live in a perfect world where no one breaks the rules or griefs. What should the consequences of defiling be? 2 deaths per attempt? 5? Open PK to the Order for an hour? A day?

How can you ever expect to bring a new faction into the mix when its an uphill battle the whole way?

I'm sure whenever the order feels vindicated is a good place.

• Jacen said:

Idk, it just feels crappy to me. There's no room for the casual PvPer. Like, you can do this one thing to get some conflict, but you're gonna die multiple times for it. Makes it super hard for the lower-ability groups to climb into bigger conflict, because you'll just get griefed out of it.

Or you could try your hand at the three or four other methods of fighting that won't result in you getting contracted.

Also I don't remember so many people using the word "grief" to describe things which are very clearly not griefing.

• Logged in for the first time in 2 weeks. Was reminded just how futile it is trying to take part in any type of group combat without wings and earrings. Logged out.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."