Eleusis vs Mhaldor, the Good and the Bad!

Comments

• Rangor said:

forests on prime don't actually grow back.

Don't they grow back after IC year or something? I recall that being the resolution to some massive 15 page thread on exterms

• I still just want groves to have the ability to turn a room in a city into an overgrown room with forest defenses. I think it would be pretty lol and just as griefy as exterms.

(╯° _°)╯︵ ┻━┻ THAT IS ALL!

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Whew. This thread exploded a bit.

For myself, I don't mind playing the losing side. Jesus knows I have more than enough (anyone who knows anything about my history knows this). Part of the annoyance was the ... thought or lack thereof placed on starting this war. That's not Mhaldor's fault at all, and not anything they could have known about or helped. It's not something Eleusis is really talking about because no one likes airing that kind of dirty laundry on the forums.

@Herenicus touched on the core of the problem for me - I don't mind conflict at all, including combative conflict, I really don't. I wouldn't have joined the army if I didn't feel like I could learn from it and be able to deal with it. But that doesn't mean I was expecting the level of "absolutely no restraint" that's been presented so far. Some would quote history as such, but to be fair, as a Cyrenian-raised character, perhaps I was simply too optimistic about what could come out of it. I thought hey, Mhaldor's usually great to roleplay with when I'm able, perhaps this will be a cool thing, with more danger in Melodie's life, goals to focus on, and <insert expletive about serpents>.

I was not expecting the level of consist, on-my-ass attention that I (and we really) have gained, to the point of being literally trapped in half a dozen city rooms. With our (present) lack of clear goals for this war (and I think originally there wasn't any even planned, from what I can understand from the news posts), the suddenness of the decision without any discussion in any IC forum, and then a few of Dontarion's points (including the discare of making Eleusians miserable or their life hell), I'm just sort of sitting back and thinking, "Wow. I didn't realize to fight war on Achaea meant to make the fun disappear, too". Unfortunately I simply can't help my timezone.

Jurixe sums up the rest of my thoughts very well, pretty much. In the meantime, I'll await the outcome of the meeting, and hope perhaps other things can come of all of this that include more fun and less grief.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby

Err, what the hell, why did I say Dontarion. I meant Micositu's points in a previous post.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:

Err, what the hell, why did I say Dontarion. I meant Micositu's points in a previous post.

Sounds like someone has a crush.

Don is hot stuff, ngl.

• It is amusing to see all these forestals out on islands now. They've been pushed off the continent in less than a week.

• Okay, I understand there's a war going on, but don't bring non-Eleusian army and non Eleusians into the fray.

meh

• Nothing I said in that log is admissible in a court of law.  :#

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • I thought the city destruction system change made it so rooms don't repair during wars? Or was that just something that was discussed and never implemented, because it seems like that would be a good way to win a war mechanically.

Destroy barracks -> No guards can be summoned

Destroy tank room -> No tanks can be fueled

Kill guards -> City now empty

Exterminate -> Exterminate -> Exterminate

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Melodie said:

I was not expecting the level of consist, on-my-ass attention that I (and we really) have gained, to the point of being literally trapped in half a dozen city rooms. With our (present) lack of clear goals for this war (and I think originally there wasn't any even planned, from what I can understand from the news posts).

I am not blaming you at all, but maybe we are simply trying to avoid reasons to be screwed one more.

• Klendathu said:

Good: Was able to bash Sidhe and Unsidhe at 9pm GMT unmolested

Bad: Was able to bash Sidhe and Unsidhe at 9pm GMT unmolested

@Klendathu if you look forward to being molested, does that make you a masochist? 

edited August 2014
    Orzaansyn said:
    Melodie said:

I was not expecting the level of consist, on-my-ass attention that I (and we really) have gained, to the point of being literally trapped in half a dozen city rooms. With our (present) lack of clear goals for this war (and I think originally there wasn't any even planned, from what I can understand from the news posts).

I am not blaming you at all, but maybe we are simply trying to avoid reasons to be screwed one more.

I had to take some time to consider your comment. Do you mean you just have been very proactive because you don't want to get screwed over again (i.e. Mhaldor's always the villain and the villain eventually loses, see: Bal'met), or did you mean something else? If the former, I can definitely understand that, but I don't think you guys need to exterm 100 rooms a day (I'm not exaggerating here) to avoid such a situation! You really already have the advantage in quite a few ways, if you break down what matters in Achaea wars, from more numerous experienced generals that are currently active and engaged, to a larger percentage of army to population rate (most of Mhaldor is in the army as it's required, whereas Eleusis, I'd say it's about 1/3 of the population, which means we have more of the burden of the war being pressed on a smaller group of people, for the majority of things. Take timezones into account and it gets drastically worse).

Like I said, I have not a problem with losing, I'd just also like to have fun too. :) If that's not going to be possible, then I'll just go play Child of Light and maybe dig up Dwarf Fortress for the first time in a few years, and lessen my login time.

• Melodie said:
    Orzaansyn said:
    Melodie said:

I had to take some time to consider your comment. Do you mean you just have been very proactive because you don't want to get screwed over again (i.e. Mhaldor's always the villain and the villain eventually loses, see: Bal'met)

Yes, I meant that. :)

[...] from more numerous experienced generals that are currently active and engaged, to a larger percentage of army to population rate (most of Mhaldor is in the army as it's required, whereas Eleusis, I'd say it's about 1/3 of the population, which means we have more of the burden of the war being pressed on a smaller group of people, for the majority of things. Take timezones into account and it gets drastically worse).

Not blaming you again at all, for you are not personnaly responsible, but that was maybe to take into account before declaring a war with us? :)

edited August 2014
    Man if I had a sniff of what was going to happen, trust me, I would have raised hue and cry to prevent this. Nothing to be done now, though. Can't stop what's started. :(

Edit: By the way, I wanted to thank the very few people who have taken the time to help distract me ICly from the war and to help me enjoy a couple of moments of peace, when I can. Won't name names, but there's a particular one or two who have been nothing but supportive and with a listening ear, while others simply sat with me to talk or enjoy small things. It's appreciated more than you know, and helps keep my temper in check.
  • Exterminations are only as disheartening as you let them be. If I were able to repair I'd repair them all (Come on Multiclass) and it's not very expensive, attrition by exterms would take hundreds of years. 

I do however think they're a badly used mechanic if it's a single player exterming a room and then running away. Make this like city destruction? Exterm starts, takes like 5 minutes to go through? Can be stopped by a forestal channel that takes 1 minute to finish? That way it's exciting, entices conflict, but doesn't force forest wide reconstruction for those people who are unhappy with it.

I'm enjoying the war, but we haven't been able to hit the offensive lately with very little time for some of our fighters being around. All in all, if you're not having fun take a step away and take a deep breath. We should all have fun, but if winning is your sole purpose for participation in the fun interactions, then you're in the wrong place.

• edited August 2014

this about sums it up.

“There is no greater sorrow than thinking back upon a happy time in misery--”

• As an aside, I've found some fun ways to participate in this that have zero to do with pk, and it's been thoroughly enjoyable thus far.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited August 2014

Let's get our fisticuffs on with philosophical debates. Gogogo!

Edit: In all honesty, I love this to death. INTERACT WITH ME MOAR HEATHENS.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• We never put in the no rooms reparing due to the inevitable issues of gaming a key location off hours. I would be very interested in seeing someone finally get a level 3 tank though! (Or a level 2 in a room with more than one exit, Mhaldor! I was heart broken I tell you.)
  • Hmmmm... this war is waking me from my slumber. Time to bring some knowledge to these bitches. Down with oakstone, Aepas is the only true druid.

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Aepas said:

Hmmmm... this war is waking me from my slumber. Time to bring some knowledge to these bitches. Down with oakstone, Aepas is the only true druid.

Shut it, runie.

• Woah seftin and rangor are on their A-game.

20 seconds in annwyn and they appeared out of nowhere!

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Makarios said:

We never put in the no rooms reparing due to the inevitable issues of gaming a key location off hours. I would be very interested in seeing someone finally get a level 3 tank though! (Or a level 2 in a room with more than one exit, Mhaldor! I was heart broken I tell you.)

We did that level 2 tank once in Cyrene, Makarios! It was glorious! Does it not count until we do it to Eleusis?!

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Everything war related!