Eleusis vs Mhaldor, the Good and the Bad!

Comments

• Someone pay for my class change so I'm not just displacing people into someone else's blades.  Its all a complete loss every single fight. 

Alchemist sucks.  I don't even want to log in for the 15 minutes I get, cause all I'm going to do is stand there and displace.  or be first targetted cause Homunculus block

*Animated Signature*

• TraelorTraelor Columbia, SC
    Zii said:
    Someone pay for my class change so I'm not just displacing people into someone else's blades.  Its all a complete loss every single fight. 

Alchemist sucks.  I don't even want to log in for the 15 minutes I get, cause all I'm going to do is stand there and displace.  or be first targetted cause Homunculus block
    Area-wide comm blackout is pretty spiffy if used strategically. Also, you can leave your homunculus in the room where the melee is and move a few rooms away to displace raiders onto guards. Alchy doesn't have the same group utility as a Monk, but what it has can seriously fuck up a battle plan.
    Traelor - Saving the day since 594

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

Can homunculus block if he is not in the room thought?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• TraelorTraelor Columbia, SC
    Shirszae said:

Can homunculus block if he is not in the room thought?

I think if you attack with it and then lose it before you leave, it does. It's been a while since I was Alchy so I'm not 100% sure.

Traelor - Saving the day since 594

• Homunculus block only works when the alchemist is with it.  You can only command in the same area, but you can listen and speak from anywhere.

Disrupt isn't useful in 80% of situations, because our side needs to communicate when bouncing borders.  I'll get lucky, and someone won't prepare for displace, or I'll arrive before anyone notices and start yanking people into the group, but once they wise up and fix it, I'm just following the team leader.  

I don't get gains, I only take losses.  I'm not interested in raging in my free time between jobs.  Have fun.

*Animated Signature*

• Melodie said:

Already very very tired of this. Unable to go anywhere except guards, and then can't even go there when an in-city raid starts. I spent over 90% of my time defending from exterms, from random ganking on my character, from defending in general, in and out of city. Experience doesn't mean crap, but I've lost almost all of my time, and definitely all of my fun. Quitting army isn't really a viable option with the atmosphere and how things work. There's pretty much no rest and no restraint. I can't even harvest except maybe 5-8am or so, and I'm only up then because it's too hot to sleep until about then.

I'm probably going to have to play other games because this is seriously pushing on my anger and just dreadfully not fun at all, and the way it was started is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

:( but who is going to smother me :(

• So what you're saying is Eleusis quits already?

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Kinilan said:

So what you're saying is Eleusis quits already?

I think they are just saying playing with someone who was no restraint whatsoever is no fun.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

Is restraint bad rp though

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:

Is Exterming the forest really attacking Eleusis?

• Achimrst said:
    Mishgul said:

Is Exterming the forest really attacking Eleusis?

Yes, yes it is.

• given the nature of forest conflict, I'm honestly surprised that this thread has seen as much positivity as it has

• Melodie said:

Quitting army isn't really a viable option with the atmosphere and how things work.

It's like, people keep complaining about this sort of thing, but more and more orgs decide it's a wonderful idea to implement.

Like, not everyone likes combat? Let's push everyone into it! That'll make this game more fun!

• Nim said:
    Melodie said:

Quitting army isn't really a viable option with the atmosphere and how things work.

It's like, people keep complaining about this sort of thing, but more and more orgs decide it's a wonderful idea to implement.

Like, not everyone likes combat? Let's push everyone into it! That'll make this game more fun!

Nobody is being forced into combat.

• To be fair... we all saw this coming. Ravien had to know that when she declared war this was going to happen. It's not like Mhaldor is known for taking it easy. I don't support no restraint but, again... it's war? Could have just left things as they were.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited August 2014
    Wasn't really my or anyone else's decision beyond Ravien's, but I'd rather not drag all of that here, as there's nothing to be done about it now since its begun.

I'm not going to write paragraphs about it because it's useless, but the main jist is, there should be a balance between "war, war, fuck them up!" and "these are people who are also playing a game on the other side of the screen". Right now it favours the former over the latter (in fact, in the middle of typing this, I got sniped/backstabbed while sitting on guards). That on top of the trolling attitudes I have to listen to OOCly about it all just makes me ... unpleasant.

Edit: My state of annoyance should not allow bad grammar.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited August 2014
    Melodie said:

Already very very tired of this. Unable to go anywhere except guards, and then can't even go there when an in-city raid starts. I spent over 90% of my time defending from exterms, from random ganking on my character, from defending in general, in and out of city. Experience doesn't mean crap, but I've lost almost all of my time, and definitely all of my fun. Quitting army isn't really a viable option with the atmosphere and how things work. There's pretty much no rest and no restraint. I can't even harvest except maybe 5-8am or so, and I'm only up then because it's too hot to sleep until about then.

I'm probably going to have to play other games because this is seriously pushing on my anger and just dreadfully not fun at all, and the way it was started is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

@melodie

Don't be upset :( I died tons and wasn't able to step out of the city for a short period of time. Plus Targossas and Ashtan's contracts, etc. Despite steadily dropping in levels, I'm still enjoying it though.

edit: lol. just after I read and posted this and switched back to Mudlet

(Party): Isaiah says, "Melodie sniped north with Delphinium."
    (Party): Isaiah says, "Melodie sniped south with Delphinium."
    (Party): Isaiah says, "Melodie sniped south with Delphinium."
    (Party): Isaiah says, "Melodie sniped down with Delphinium."

sense melodie
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence
    of Melodie.
    You see that Melodie is at A garden path.  (6542)  (Cyrene)  (6542)  (Cyrene) 

oh well

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    That was after Micositu, who tried once, and then Isaiah twice, all in the making of the last twenty minutes!

And I wouldn't mind if I was unable to step out for a short time, or even a day. But I literally cannot step out anywhere without getting jumped, primarily by Naga by a few times by others (you and Hasar earlier, for instance, when I was checking on extermed rooms in the EI). It's just how it's been. I can't go out, and even when I'm logged in, I'm usually forced into conflict one way or another.

It is what it is.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited August 2014

I think there's definitely going to be a step up of aggressions and a drop in restraint since it is a war. Things were fine as it was against Eleusis before the hostile declaration, where there were a good amount of raids, exterminations (actually, I don't think we did much exterminations for a good while until this) and shrine destructions.

Also, war is sort of a consistent thing I guess. You can't turn it off just because you don't feel like it, which is one of the problems presented with the lack of a proper war system.There's an effort not to target non-army targets however, if they haven't been involved with war efforts. Being declared upon also means that Mhaldor, being the city they are, has the initiative of showing up the other side to make sure they 'know their place'. So people take up extermination again because it does target Nature, for which Eleusis went to war for.

Not to worry though, we're still trying to set things up between both of us. It's just time zone that is making it hard to.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I've come to the conclusion that Mhaldor has already won this war.

This is why:

1. There's really nothing Eleusis can do to us that "hurts" us. You can kill our guards, blow up our rooms kill us ect. However, none of those things really bother the Mhaldorian players. Quite the opposite really, I enjoy being raided and being the losing side more often.  

2. The easiest way to put it, Mhaldor's player base is crazy. We will happily die 10 times just to get the dirty loosians once, even if we know it makes their life hell.

3. We have the Naga, who will stop at nothing to win, push every limit and actually try to make Eleusisians lives miserable. Eleusis has no counter or even a defense against this.

4. Timezones seem to clash terribly and Eleusis' best fighters aren't here when the Mhaldor pain-train-of-earrings-of-sinope is in full force. So typically Eleusis' mid-tier fighters are going up against Mhaldor's best.

5. Every front in this war is combat, Eleusis has no goal. Mhaldor doesn't care about dying, and even if they do win. Mhaldor makes sure the cost is far too great to want to keep it up.

So basically I've yea, we already won.

• edited August 2014

There always is. Some people just can't hold back! This is not directed at @ayoxele at all.

Just keep in mind that wars don't last forever. Even if the win conditions are never met (Sartan won't really die), we'll still eventually just say that ok, we can't win so we'll settle for a draw.

• edited August 2014
    @micositu Wars can't be won. See I don't care if you exterminate rooms, it actually does nothing to us. I don't care if you kill guards either. I'm happy that you blow up some of our rooms..

So now what are you going to do to win this war? Grief players into quitting the game?

Wars will be more fun if you don't try to "win" it.

If you want us to go the targossas way of "let's kill all their guards and pretend we won the war", we can do that. But it's not really any more fun. I prefer to have a high intensity of skirmishes/raids for a period of time. When we all get tired of it we'll end the war and go back to normal.