Eleusis vs Mhaldor, the Good and the Bad!

Comments

• Athelas said:

Yea, that was very deliberate from my side.  >:)

I'm just waiting for the rant on how a druid is great @ PvP, so I can learn from it.

I <3 druid pvp

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Mhaldor is at war with Eleusis?! Brb, logging in for all the excitement. 

Mishgul wanted Jesus to fix my banner. Neither of us could get it right :(

• RomRom
    edited August 2014
    Athelas said:

i.e. Don't bother logging in while this war is happening. Thanks for the confirmation. When will Druids be changed to actually be a viable 1v1 class?

Athelas said:

Yea, that was very deliberate from my side.  >:)

I'm just waiting for the rant on how a druid is great @ PvP, so I can learn from it.

On the low end (skill and artefact-wise), Druid is a decent class with a sort of ceiling against people who cure correctly and/or are too tanky. On the high end, it's an incredibly potent 1v1 class both defensively and offensively against anyone. The trumpet nerf hurt a lot of the easier setups I taught people, but it's no less viable than an unartied monk or something. Beyond the simple stuff, the class has loads and loads of depth thanks to Hydra and reflexes. We started working together -yesterday- dude! Sorry a raid started up but there's no reason we can't continue working on some stuff for you.

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

I know artied druid had some of the highest and hardest to avoid DPS in the game pre bees nerf. I would not know these days.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • ZiiZii
    edited August 2014

displace jerk

(I'm bored)

*Animated Signature*

• Poor Zii.

-----------------------------
    @DontarionDrakor for twitter boredom.

• I can't get on as often as I did, took on a second job.  I was going to quit one, but I still need money.  I'm going to miss the good stuff.

*Animated Signature*

• So apparently Jesters are supposed to get kills in raid groups? I my job was to Oppress the Mhaldorians and make them Suffer under bombs and hangedmans.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Dontarion said:

[Micositu - here]

You begin circling behind Micositu.

Micositu leaps from the shadows and plunges a dagger into your unsuspecting back!

Micositu slips behind you and garrotes you with his whip.

[DEF DOWN]: HIDING | You leap from the shadows and plunge your dagger into Micositu's unsuspecting 

back!

Gads what is this crap. I can't wait to get back in and just go around backstabbing everyone. Wtf you need dstab for?

• What is this deestab you speak of?

• edited August 2014

Loving it, but have one question. Have any win conditions been set for this war? Have we as a playerbase learned from past mistakes and ensured that there ways to actually advance one's side in the war and win without griefing another faction out of playing? :smiley: 

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!
    edited August 2014

*sigh* I don't have internet for about a week or so, and this happens. Lovely. Looks like I have to hunt a ton (not a soldier! Screw you all!) to make up for Rangor picking a fight and using WB. Great... @Mazzington‌, @Tukio‌, and @Nyderrasethi‌ let's get to work. No wonder Artemis won't wake up. :|

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited August 2014

Loving it, but have one question. Have any win conditions been set for this war? Have we as a playerbase learned from past mistakes and ensured that there ways to actually advance one's side in the war and win without griefing another faction out of playing? :smiley: 

Ravien's actually contacted me for a time and date for which we can have that meeting. It's the reason why I threw out the point on the public post, because I would prefer setting win conditions over letting this war go on for a prolonged period of time.

That being said, even if there's no win conditions mutually set by each side, I already have Mhaldor's internal win conditions down. I wrote it in my city post!

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited August 2014

Let's have the fight on Zanzibaar!

@Dragonknight, biatch I will end you.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:

Let's have the fight on Zanzibaar!

@Dragonknight, biatch I will end you.

Excuse me while I move a ship into the Lemnian sea...

• edited August 2014
    Santar said:

Standard win conditions: Make the other side no longer have any will to log in, then kill all Hashan's guards and declare yourself victorious on public.

Small error fixed in your post.

• MazzingtonMazzington Detroit
    edited August 2014

Having a killer time skirmishing with Mhaldorians and getting out on the battlefield with my Eleusian comrades. Learning more every month and trying to rack up some player kills. I agree with @Santar and @Ruth that definite terms of some sort will make it more satisfying in both RP and combat respects. Excited to see where this conflict goes.

• GAIA IS NATURE, NATURE IS ETERNAL.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Rangor said:
    GAIA IS NATURE, NATURE IS ETERNAL.

brb, turning random forests to metal

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa

@rangor & @Jurixe‌ Save it for in game :D

@Rom Apologies if my earlier tone was upsetting, that comment was honestly not meant at you. Yes, I was being a bit of a troll, hoping to get some insight from someone that is currently a Druid. I'm convinced that I simply suck at combat, and that Athelas as a character is way more capable than the lolmaul I've been doing. But that's because I've not had enough RP reason to engage in PvP, that has changed now, and as I've learned to deal with bashing, so I'll learn to deal with PvP. I, as a player, just have to learn how to use what Athelas has, and actually start using it. Honestly, Athelas has been tri-trans for an RL decade and he only has two player kills, that should tell you exactly how little PvP I engage in.

There is also the fact that you are seemingly the most capable forestall fighter at the moment, every person I ask who to go to for training, points a finger at you. The problem is that your skills are needed at the font line, not in the arena, helping out a Druid that should know better by now.

The help you are giving is invaluable, on both fronts.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited August 2014
    Is @Orzaansyn subtly trash-talking Eleusis?

Gods help us all, we're truly doomed now.

Edit: In case this wasn't clear because 5am forum comments never go well, completely a joke. There's just people you don't expect suddenly talking down the other side, so it made me laugh.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby