Moldy oldbie looking for some guidance

2»

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

Ulrike is coming back?

• Ulrike said:

As for actually, you know, returning, I keep just dipping a toe in. It's so daunting. I'd be useless in a raid right now and there's a war on, and all. Cut me a few breaks. I'll cut you some, too. :)

Oh, they all say that. First it's the tip of the toe, then the whole foot, and then next thing you know it, you wake up in the middle of a pile of corpses, an amputated arm between your teeth, a tankard of ale balanced on top of your shoulder, a Thoth's fang stowed away in your trousers, and absolutely no idea what just went on.

• edited August 2014

Ulrike said:

You may have thought otherwise when I was in my "getting pwned by Aegis' Order every hour on the hour" stage of thievery.

This stuff, I remember. Ahh, the days of going around and one-shotting Tenebrus, attacking Kupo,  dodging Daes, and chasing after Ulrike.

Fun times. 

Welcome back Ulrike. Have fun.

• First interaction with @Ulrike was fun! Looking foward to more :)

• @Ulrike you stole my journal. I don't care that it was blank. I want it back.  :\

Seriously though. Welcome back!

• Hi, welcome back!

• Ulrike said:
    Antidas said:

Welcome back @Ulrike.

Doubt you'd remember me, I was just an ickle Nagaling when you went dormant, but I remember you! You were part of what convinced me to become a thief haha

You may have thought otherwise when I was in my "getting pwned by Aegis' Order every hour on the hour" stage of thievery.

Ehhh, we all been there. Although for me it was usually @Penwize (RIP) doing the pwning...

• Hey, I remember meeting you back in 07. Funny we both started looking at the game again at the same time - I've been gone just about as long. Even Delphinus doesn't play anymore. 
  • I think HELP PK is perfectly fine for guidelines around PK. If you blatantly go against them (i.e. go around killing people for no reason other than "I kill people from X city"), then I think it's breaking rules and should ultimately be punished.

However, if you involve yourself in combat/etc, you should expect to die. If we start putting numbers up like "If you defile a shrine you are going to die X times" we are starting to ultimately deviate back to the way of the previous PK rules.

Simply put, if you don't want to risk dying, don't get involved in combat. If you get involved in combat, expect to die. How many times? I don't know. RP it out.
    If you don't get involved in combat at all and still end up getting killed for stupid reasons (i.e. only if you use common sense, for example if Targossas takes over the Crossroads, you should not sit at the Crossroads as an Hashani. You will probably die), then I say there is warrant for feeling annoyed and being angry at the loss of XP.

If you want to fight and want to learn more, then I'd say try talking to people about how you can improve. For example, just got owned by X? Try asking them what you could have done better. I'm willing to bet a lot of people probably wouldn't mind giving a tip or two. They won't share? Ask someone else you know.
  • edited August 2014
    Lol. Just realised I posted in the wrong thread. Don't mind that.

(If someone could just delete that post and this, that would be cool :neutral_face: )