Where is everybody?

Hello.

I have made a few characters before and it always seems like there is nobody around. I have now made it to level 50 by walking around Manara and typing "kill gnoll", but I was wondering if there is something more out there. I think I want to find a cool house with active people who like to hang out and do things together. I don't *really* care what class I am, although I don't want to be super evil like an Infernal.

Any input would be appreciated!

or if this is off-topic and out-of-place, please delete me!

- Sagitar

Comments

• So should I just start over and join a House to meet them?

• edited August 2014

You don't have to start over if you don't want to. :) Take a look at HELP <city> if you haven't joined one yet, then look at their Houses and see if any of them look appealing to you and go from there. Cities like Cyrene and Hashan are more neutral, with shallower roleplay but greater freedoms for your character (sort of). Factional cities like Mhaldor, Targossas, Ashtan, and Eleusis will all demand more from you, but can have a greater return if it proves to be a good fit.

You always have a choice of where you can be, and you can always quit and try elsewhere if it's not working for you.

ETA: And if your character is under 25, you'll likely be able to join quickly and easily through an NPC for some cities, like Cyrene.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• @Sagitar: Hi, and welcome to Achaea. Glad to see another new face here. Have you decided on a city to join? That should probably be your first order of business. A city is essentially an ideological centre, with its Houses espousing its various facets(or 'sub-ideological flavors', as it may be).

Not wanting to be biased, but let's take the city I am in as an example - Targossas. It's, essentially, the proverbial 'bastion of Good'. Now it has its Houses: the Dawnblade, where those of martial interest tend to gravitate towards, the Harbingers, who work as the city's spiritual guides, and the Luminai, who work as information brokers.

Bear in mind, though, that most cities have restrictions(actually, I prefer the term standards of conduct) on its citizens, whether in class selection(Targossas does not accept practitioners of forestal magic, chaos, necromancy, or shamanism), or in behaviour/conduct(can't kill innocents if you want to be Good).

Good luck in your task!

• Hi!

Thanks all of you. I'm so happy I don't have to start over, haha. I don't know if I really am all into fighting and things, but mostly just hanging out with cool people. :smiley: Also, what's an information broker?

• That sounds like the Ministry of Truth in 1984. :smile: 

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it

Welcome to Achaea, Sagitar.

From your definition, it seems like you're mainly looking for a more casual, friendly sort of roleplay, as opposed to the hardcore fire-and-brimstone type things in heavily aligned cities. I'd suggest perhaps Cyrene and to a lesser extent Hashan might be a good place for you to find your feet and start making connections. If you decide later on you'd like a different, slightly more intense experience, you can always move from there to one of the other cities.

Good luck wherever you go. See you in Achaea.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Sagitar said:

That sounds like the Ministry of Truth in 1984. :smile: 

I can neither confirm nor deny that comparison. 

• Good for you!

• DeucalionDeucalion The Garden of the Gods
    edited August 2014
    Synbios said:
    Sagitar said:

Hi!

Thanks all of you. I'm so happy I don't have to start over, haha. I don't know if I really am all into fighting and things, but mostly just hanging out with cool people. :smiley: Also, what's an information broker?

Everyone is cool here. Except those following Deucalion - they're hot people. You know, because they're on fire and Deucalion is the Righteous Fire(I'll show myself out now).

Information brokers, by definition, handle the flow of information.