Classified Ads for RP?

In other games I've played, there has been a forum section for connections and recruitments, some place to say you are looking for a new family member, or you want to set up a gang. With this game, people keep the same characters for a long time, but since everyone can have alts, players may want to try different things. I was just wondering if there was a way to make the connections to give a new character some history. I know there is heraldry in the game and marriages, so it seems like families are important, but how does a new player get involved with an established family? Is it OCC connections with known players? How do you find out about IG clans? 

Comments

• Old players looking for children often keep an eye on the novices and may offer to a novice that they like or feel could be a good fit. Look to the older people mentoring you in-game (if they have or seem to want kids, some don't) and/or consider talking about how "you're looking for your family", especially if you want a locally-based family.

That said, I've seen "ad-like" calls for roleplay in this forum before. :) No one is stopping anyone from posting a "Looking for family!" thread. 

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Hey Drenall! We were just talking about how to make RP more accessible in Achaea. We'd welcome your input here: 

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/2473/making-rp-more-easily-accessible-and-frequent#latest

In response to your specific question though, I have had the absolute worst time finding families on my alts. Most of them aren't bloodlined. It always seems to forward to say to someone IC, "Will you be/Are you my parent?" and by in large I think a lot of older players are hesitant to bloodline outside their inner circle of RP friends. 

Bluef and Kaie use the same method that Jhaeli described though. We keep an eye out on NWHO and go out of our way to interact with newbies that interact with us. I think you could also use ADS for this IC -- maybe a RP notice about seeking your family (with a very vague description of your birth parents and the circumstances under which you were split from them. :) 

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness

Not certain where you are at city wise, but Cyrene has a family finder projects that patents and children are listed.

• I had not even thought of using ADS for this. I've created a few characters, (until I discovered I could just change class, city, and race without starting a new character), and have had very little luck at meeting people until I joined a city/house. 

One question about families, how strict is Sapience about genetics? If I am a dwarf, could my parents be a Horkval and a Rajamala for instance?

• I think it depends on the family/parents. I have been just about every race in Achaea at one time or another (sans satyr and grook), and I've always sort of operated on this RP assumptiong that what happens in the Trial of Rebirth may change be life-changing (even race-altering), so a child born to two rajamalan parents might re-emerge in Sapience as a grook or something else.

As a result, I don't usually let the kid's race stop me from bloodlining if I think they'd be a good fit for our family. That said, I know some people who take that sort of thing far more seriously. 

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it

I don't know about the larger communities, but if you prove yourself to be intelligent, eager to learn and participate and generally willing to be invested and stay around, you will have absolutely 0 problem finding a family. I'd actually suggest that you might have the opposite problem - think carefully before you commit to a family, because once you do, it's (generally) for life.

I think perhaps the most difficult thing for new roleplayers (including myself) is patience. You have to be patient and really prove that you're someone worth investing time and effort into, because those of us who have stayed around for a while will inevitably be wary of alts and people who disappear after a week or so. It's not your fault, but it just means that you're likely not really going to be able to jump into the thick of things right away.

In terms of bloodlining I tend to stretch things a little bit - since my character is a Mhun, which evolved from humans, I tend to play it out that Mhuns, humans and Atavians could all potentially have come from the same origin, so it's not impossible that my birth kids could be any of those races. Otherwise, as long as the parent is of a particular race, it makes sense for the child to be too, for me. Outside of that, though, I tend to just adopt - it's a pity the admin won't let us register adopted children for some reason, but it doesn't really matter in the end.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Nylith said:
    For anyone that is interested, I bought the clan and the Taverns of Achaea is up and running. All members of the clan have the ability to induct so contact anyone including myself @Nylith‌ or @Bluef‌. Hope to have ya'll aboard

This happened today - It's a result of a discussion in another forum thread here. I hope y'all will check it out!