Video Games

Comments

• Vayne said:
    Aina said:
    Been hooked on PSO2 lately. It plays almost exactly like PSO did over ten years ago, but it's still addictive.
    Eagerly awaiting the NA release, I still play PSO religiously.
    You'll love PSO2. It's just improved PSO. Some new weapons in there as well, like the machine guns.
  • This song will not leave my brain. D:
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Aina said:
    Vayne said:
    Aina said:
    Been hooked on PSO2 lately. It plays almost exactly like PSO did over ten years ago, but it's still addictive.
    Eagerly awaiting the NA release, I still play PSO religiously.
    You'll love PSO2. It's just improved PSO. Some new weapons in there as well, like the machine guns.
    I would have it already if I could read Japanese! I really liked PSZ too, good mobile game. Seems like it was a test for what the wanted to do for PSO2
  • edited November 2012
    @Vayne I never got a chance to play PSZ (the DS game, right?), but I liked that you could draw in your own auto messages. Very cool.

There's a PSO2 English Patch, and even a relatively large English Community on Ship 2. I don't know how good the English patch is, but there are many people out there using it without trouble.
    edited November 2012
    Aina said:
    @Vayne I never got a chance to play PSZ (the DS game, right?), but I liked that you could draw in your own auto messages. Very cool.

There's a PSO2 English Patch, and even a relatively large English Community on Ship 2. I don't know how good the English patch is, but there are many people out there using it without trouble.
    I will have to look into that, thanks!

EDIT: Yes you can draw your own messages and make some pretty awesome ones. However, it was often abused to make inappropriate image, heheh
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    fallen enchantress is pretty awesome. It's like civ but fantasy settings. and dragons.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    I looked it up, apparently they are starting to ban connections from outside of the region :(
  • @Vayne I just read about that today. Up until yesterday, you could still make accounts (I made a second one). You can still download the client, but you can't make the SEGA ID needed to play at the moment.

Overseas players who are already signed up can still log in and play, to my knowledge. We haven't been completely IP blocked. Yet.
    Looks like I'll wait for the NA release! Won't be too long!
  • Aerek said:
    Mechwarrior Online just opened its beta, and I've been junking giant robots ever since. I'm already really impressed with the balance, realism, and customization opportunity, and it's obvious they're still deep in development. It's also free, so no risk if anyone wants to blow off some steam in a 100 ton engine of destruction.
    Do they have Warhammers?  I sooo miss driving that 70 ton monster.
  • For those of you that have played Demon's Souls:

I just got to the bearbugs in world 2.

I have no magic.

My life sucks. :(
  • XerXer Langley
    edited November 2012
    @Tagg ... D: Good luck with that >.> I remember quitting the game when during my first run, I hit a wall that seemed insurmountable with the way I developed my character. Played ITG for a month before starting the game over from the beginning after my first run and managed to get through the entire game afterwards haha. Was totally worth beating.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Sticker Star is soooo fun!!!
  • Part of the reason I'm playing an alchemist is my addiction to the Atelier series. Currently playing through Rorona to get the Pie and True endings. I can only hope Achaea will allow alchemists to do equally wacky things with pastries.

fallen enchantress is awesome

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde

• Tilly said:
    Part of the reason I'm playing an alchemist is my addiction to the Atelier series. Currently playing through Rorona to get the Pie and True endings. I can only hope Achaea will allow alchemists to do equally wacky things with pastries.

The Atelier Series was just incredible. I only played one game (Atelier Annie), and it was just so fun!

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Caneloc said:
    Aerek said:
    Mechwarrior Online just opened its beta, and I've been junking giant robots ever since. I'm already really impressed with the balance, realism, and customization opportunity, and it's obvious they're still deep in development. It's also free, so no risk if anyone wants to blow off some steam in a 100 ton engine of destruction.
    Do they have Warhammers?  I sooo miss driving that 70 ton monster.
    Not yet, but it's still deep in beta, so who knows what the end release content could be! So far, the 60-80 ton "heavy" lineup consists of the Catapult, Dragon, Cataphract, and Jager 'mechs.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • I've been playing Halo 4: Halos In Space lately. Still a bit rusty from my Reach days, but I'm getting back into the swing of it. Gamertag is "LH deStrado"; hit me up.
  • Contemplating getting Halo 4. Was not a fan of Reach at all really. Deus ex and LoL has been taking my gaming time lately. 
    reach was meh. too short. I spent 50 dollars on filler.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Reach was mainly multiplayer. Halo 4 is, too, but it's also one of the best campaigns in the series.

And it is so, so pretty.
    i still prefer halo 2/3 multiplayer. Will try halo 4 ina  couple of weeks

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • 2 and 3 were the best. Robbed me of my social life completely. Also h4 seems to be very COD influenced with the kill streaks and what not. Don't know if that's good or bad. Might just get h4 for the campaign though, hear it's amazing. 
  • edited November 2012
    Arador said:
    I stopped playing that when I slammed my fist down in frustration and broke my keyboard in two. Currently playing the Kerbal space program. I managed to make Jebediah scream!

This post got me interested enough to google the game. After several days of play, finally managed to complete the round trip to the Mun and back(barely beat Trance as he is also addicted to this game now.)

• Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown is the greatest fighting game in existence.
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic goes F2P today. Looking forward to playing it again.

I was thinking about the Bounty Hunter class: powerful armor, has to get their hands on the latest and greatest weapons and tech, Mandalorians have a code that they follow, and so forth. Would their equal in Achaea be the knight classes?

• edited November 2012
    holy shit it is?

brb downloading now

edit: one day. uguu

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
    i spent months on SWTOR collecting all the holocrons. Never again.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • edited November 2012
    I actually found that fun, but I like 3D platformers. I did use a guide, however.

I'll probably go on a PvE server this time; I learned my lessons from last time. Kept getting stealth ganked by Assassins while grinding. I'll miss laying sieges on spaceports, though.

EDIT:

Erasariel said:
    holy shit it is?

brb downloading now

edit: one day. uguu

One day to download? I'm not surpised, people have been trying to download it all week. Thankfully, I bought the game and only need to patch it.

I love platformers, but the quests in SWTOR got grindy towards the end. the PvP and the flashpoints were fun to a point, and reading the lore was -great- as well as the continuation of the KOTOR lines through the various classes.

The space missions were however, the best, and kept me amused for months.

-

As drawn by Shayde