How is Achaea doing these days?

Got an itch to play an IRE MUD again and thought I'd pop in to see how Achaea is getting along.  I played Imperian for a number of years, but that was some time ago.  I'd love to return to it, but with the place being as empty as it is these days it just doesn't feel the same anymore.  Achaea was always the most popular IRE MUD so I'm hoping for better luck here. Haven't played since the pre-autoclass days. 

What's the active playerbase like now?  How's the RP doing?  I'm hoping for an absolute minimum of OOC idiots running around with names like Dikkcheiz spamming public channels.  I can imagine that the RP has recovered from the loss of guilds by now, yeah?  

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm

Buoyant. Jump in. You'll love it. There's plenty people around most of the time, especially from the most populous cities (Ashtan, Cyrene). Shallam sank, new city Targossas was founded. Houses are going through a re-organisation so the class restrictions are gradually being removed from them, new classes have been added. More areas have been added. SHIPS!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Bregan said:

Got an itch to play an IRE MUD again and thought I'd pop in to see how Achaea is getting along.  I played Imperian for a number of years, but that was some time ago.  I'd love to return to it, but with the place being as empty as it is these days it just doesn't feel the same anymore.  Achaea was always the most popular IRE MUD so I'm hoping for better luck here. Haven't played since the pre-autoclass days. 

What's the active playerbase like now?  How's the RP doing?  I'm hoping for an absolute minimum of OOC idiots running around with names like Dikkcheiz spamming public channels.  I can imagine that the RP has recovered from the loss of guilds by now, yeah?  

I sort of wish this had been framed as a poll. I think it would be interesting to see the spread between AWESOME and MEH with explanations for the responses, obv. 

• I think some aspects of the roleplay have become stronger than Guild days, especially factional conflict. Ashtan, for example, has a much stronger identity based on Freedom and Chaos and Babel is a much more fitting deity for Chaos than Eris was.

On that note, to add to what Klendathu said - we gained some gods and we lost a LOT of them recently. The Worldreaver event is one you're going to want to read, whether you like reading Events posts or not. 

Aside from that - I'd honestly jump back in and see what you can find. Different parts of the game appeal to everyone and you're going to get a mixed bag of answers here.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Well there certainly have been some developments since I last played here. I've got a lot of catching up to do. I hate to jump in right in the middle of this House Renaissance before Ashtan has been brought up to speed, but I'll adapt.

On an unrelated note, my tablet really does not get along well with these new forums.

See you all in-game.  

• Bregan said:

Well there certainly have been some developments since I last played here. I've got a lot of catching up to do. I hate to jump in right in the middle of this House Renaissance before Ashtan has been brought up to speed, but I'll adapt.

On an unrelated note, my tablet really does not get along well with these new forums.

See you all in-game.  

Renaissance is going to take a long time. Don't let that be a hindrance in any way.

• Bregan, I am a long-time Achaea player who is having a *great* time over in Imperian right now.  Not that I am "ditching Achaea forever" or anything, but it can be a bit musty.  Achaea is the flagship game with the pros and cons that brings, but Imperian is downright refreshing for someone coming from Achaea. 

• StrataStrata United States of Derp

It's cupcakes and unicorns, baby. All cupcakes and unicorns. Come back and join us! If there's anything that displeases you, just issue and we'll be nerfed into conformity even further.

• Jukilian said:
    Bregan said:

Well there certainly have been some developments since I last played here. I've got a lot of catching up to do. I hate to jump in right in the middle of this House Renaissance before Ashtan has been brought up to speed, but I'll adapt.

See you all in-game.  

Renaissance is going to take a long time. Don't let that be a hindrance in any way.

Particularly in Ashtan: I believe I read in the Renaissance thread that Ashtan is the last on the list (Mhaldor, Eleusis and Hashan (can't remember the order for those) are all still to come).

• Strata said:

It's cupcakes and unicorns, baby. All cupcakes and unicorns. Come back and join us! If there's anything that displeases you, just issue and we'll be nerfed into conformity even further.

Then why hasn't minuet been changed yet :(.