Artefact fishing poles

MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains

Was thinking it would be nice to have an artefact fishing pole that would boost the amount relative amount of feet you reeled in. This would essentially be a theoretical "boost" to your strength effect, although obviously your strength would not actually be boosted from your stats. You could maybe have different types of poles with different credit costs, with the tiers being a theoretical +1 strength boost, +2, and +3. Or you could just simplify it and have one that was maybe(?) just a +1. 

As the simple fishing poles are currently made of supple wood, the different tiered poles could reflect better or stronger material, such as: Tier 1 - a sturdy fishing pole carved from hickory; Tier 2 - a silver-coated fishing pole; Tier 3 - a platinum fishing pole (with line fashioned from spider's silk).

I searched the forums but could not find something else that was suggested like this. I found a suggestion for a pole that doubled as a simple and deep-sea pole, but nothing like this. The payoff for buying this artefact would obviously be an increased chance to reel in those pesky large fish that always seem to be breaking lines and costing us bait. It may also help increase the chance of someone finally breaking those 300 year old fishing records. Who knows! A Tsol'aa can dream.

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited July 2014
    Honestly, if they made everyone be on the same level by removing strength bonus, then I would suppose it was not simply to replace it with an artifact. 

I hope so, in any case

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains

Trey said:
    Masaryk said:

As the simple fishing poles are currently made of supple wood, the different tiered poles could reflect better or stronger material, such as: Tier 1 - a sturdy fishing pole carved from hickory; Tier 2 - a silver-coated fishing pole; Tier 3 - a platinum fishing pole (with line fashioned from spider's silk).

Who do you think you are, Maefeng?

Hahah, just an idea off the top of me head :P

• The strength bonus was already removed, everyone is the same now. Also, this has been suggested several times, and rejected every time. It's an artefact that does nothing but generate more gold, which is a bad idea.
  • MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains

Hmm, I didn't know that the strength bonus was removed. Based on the help file, it still says that this matters.

• Sena said:
    The strength bonus was already removed, everyone is the same now. Also, this has been suggested several times, and rejected every time. It's an artefact that does nothing but generate more gold, which is a bad idea.

Don't make it a +strength artifact - make it a non-decay pole with a fancy description that costs 1mc in the Shop of Wonders.

Not gonna lie, I'd drop creds for a blinged-out non-decay fishing pole.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    so um 

drop creds on a blinged-out non-decay fishing pole

it seems like that is literally the exact reason the customisation system exists
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.