Rock the Vote

Hey guys. I actually configure the reminder for the DYAD and try to remember to vote but usually forget. I am just looking though and thinking how many people there are on the forum. I mean even random posts have hundreds of view. Noone suggested for me but you know, just once, I'd actually like to see our game overtake Aardwolf no?
I mean its two mouse clicks and I think might show the staff we appreciate the work they do.  Besides, it might be interesting to see the forums be used for good (yeah yeah, I know, Targossian, don't worry Sartan won't find out).

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    We certainly can do better than Midkemia, in any case

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Well right now we have 242 votes, Mid 302, Aardwolf 632.

I figured after the Reckoning, we have shown our willingness to click on things and wait a while.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen

Aardwolf is never able to be beaten. We went -nuts- at one point and everyone was voting daily. We were -always- behind by 300 at the LEAST, even when we hit huge numbers. Aardwolf was ahead, but getting our name out there is still good. Voted.

• Have you ever seen what the aardwolf voting thing looks like?
    "Please vote blah blah"
    "Please remember to vote!"
    "I see you haven't voted yet, vote!"
    "Please vote?"
    "pretty pretty please vote"
    "Oh yay! you voted"

its just annoying and forces anyone to vote to stop the damn messages

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • edited August 2014

Well so far we closed the Aardwolf gap from 390 to 373 and the Mid gap from 60 to 33.

• MKO does well, I think, despite having a tiny population compared to ours, because the main client package people use has a vote button built into it.

We're going to do that for the next version of the html5 client.

• If the idea is to get the Achaea brand out there, then perhaps this: Everyone make a reddit account, someone make a detailed post about all the fun they're having on Achaea, and all the things you can do on Achaea, and no matter how much you play WoW you always seem to go back to Achaea. Then everyone upvote times a million.
  • Mid gap down to 17 and Aardwolf still at 373.

• *sings*
    "Rock the vote."
    "Please rock the vote baby."
    "Rock the vote."
    "Lets rock the vote over...Aardwolfs?"

...anyway! Thanks for reminding us @Greys‌

• OceanaOceana North Sea

Voted. In the old Nexus I could just click the link. Doesn't work in mudlet, does it?

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods

You could make a button to open up your browser to http://www.achaea.com/vote. Alternatively, what I do is just set my browser's start page to that, so every time I open a new window or tab, I can just click the button!

• There's also a vote link at the top of the forums front page, though I know my eyes just skip over it.

• MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains

Anyone remember the xp bonus we use to get from voting way back in the day? I mean, it's probably a good thing that was taken away, but it was fun to have that shiny aura :)

• We're above MKO now!

• HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    Santar said:

I'll never understand why Aardwolf is so popular. I tried it one time and it was the most ludicrous thing ever. 

What was worst about it? I'm curious but I don't know that I'll ever give it a go.
  • edited August 2014
    Masaryk said:

Anyone remember the xp bonus we use to get from voting way back in the day? I mean, it's probably a good thing that was taken away, but it was fun to have that shiny aura :)

Would happily give it back, but rewarding players for voting was made against the rules once we started doing it.

(By, I should add, the person who owned TMS before the current owner did.)

• Herenicus said:
    Santar said:

I'll never understand why Aardwolf is so popular. I tried it one time and it was the most ludicrous thing ever. 

What was worst about it? I'm curious but I don't know that I'll ever give it a go.

Just open it up for like 10 minutes and take a look. I promise it won't take long to see what I'm talking about.

• On a side note, none of the IRE games are even top 20 on The Mud Connector (which is second to TMS).

• good call time to rock the vote, 'The Mud Connector' edition.

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• Well we took back #2 and the Aardwolf gap is down to 361!

• The Mud Connector might be worth rank boosting on, since that's actually how I originally found Achaea and a bunch of other MUDs I played, however many years ago that was. Given, I didn't look at "top" lists, I chose pretty arbitrarily - now that I look at the site, it's very different from what I remember.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    MudBytes has a decently active forum, might be a good place to use your Achaea banners if you feel like posting there.

• Why are we only fourth place right now? We should be gunning for first! Vote!
  • Destroy Aardwolf!  (with your votes)
  • Sarapis said:

MKO does well, I think, despite having a tiny population compared to ours, because the main client package people use has a vote button built into it.

We're going to do that for the next version of the html5 client.

Configure the button to be like the opening credits from Monty Python and the Holy Grail (the Mexican Whooping Llama part), with lots of flashing colours and ethnic music. And then disable it after they've voted.

Or maybe just hire the Annoying Orange. "Hey Apple. Apple. I notice you haven't voted yet. Hey Apple..."
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • KerriaKerria The Red Lioness

**Those Aardwolf people are tenacious. If you haven't voted today please go do it now! www.achaea.com/main.html, and click on the 'vote 'icon in the upper right. Thanks!!**

**Please.**

**Pretty please?**

**Bad things. The would most ilkely fall on you.**

**The sky, even.**

**And you'd be subjected to more of my horrible typing.**

**Speaking, we meant speaking.**

**We Gods speak. We never type unless it's typecasting when we're running one

of our Divine Comedies.**

** *cough* Yes, speaking.**

**Thank you! Just remember to vote daily so we stay ahead. We'll shut up**

• Go do it! We can take first place for at least a little bit!!!!