That time of year

It's that time of year again, when I feel the call of the Nerd stir something deep in my soul!

I'm itching to play a tebletop RPG- either DnD or the d20 Star Wars system (I made the mistake of digging up KotOR 2 -_-); anyone up for playing some? Can discuss times and stuff :O

Comments

• This stuff has always interested me and I'd like to look into it (and I'm a diehard SW fan!). Any recommendations on learning the ropes?

• edited August 2014

Yes! You can pretty much get by with the core rulebook, which you can read here, I think.

That version is a bit clunky, I admit, and I've heard good things about the Saga edition, which was released later on, in 2007. I think the core rulebook for that is... here. It kind of sucks if you don't have a scribd account, it's gotten real annoying lately. The d6 is considered to be (I think) easier to handle than the d20, but I don't mind complicated games, so.

For the record, I'd be happy to host an introductory lesson to this or DnD 3.5 for anyone interested, sometime, too.

• Now by play do you mean DM? Because I'm totally down to play, not so much to DM more than one game and I already have a group I roll with (ha ha see what I did there god I am so witty) on Sundays.

• I'll DM, sure!

• By preference, and it looks like Jacen thinks so too, I'd prefer Star Wars, depending on the type of campaign and whatnot.

• Neat! Find a third nerd, and we've got ourselves a start. I'd prefer four pcs, but three's completely and totally manageable- we can hold an introduction/char creation session to hammer out the kinks sometime soon!

• I'd join but won't DM either. I only know dnd 4.0 but don't mind learning something else.

• Cool! I'm happy to DM, as I said before. We can find a third at some other point- I will say, though, that my time is largely limited to US daytimes, during the week. I can be on anytime between 10am-4pm CST, Mon-Fri. I hope that works for people x_x

• I might have to bow out, then. I start work in a week and a half and it's an 8am-5pm gig.

• If the entire session doesn't die again, I'd be up for it. Work is a pain though!

• Aww, Trey, that sucks. I have to admit, I was pretty psyched to have you on board. Shame!

We lose one, gain one, though. Can't be helped about my schedule, but we can surely give it a try- I'll try and not let it slip like previous efforts have. Feel like doing char creation/introduction to the Star Wars system tomorrow? :O

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

If I wasn't so ashamed about disappearing last time I'd probably jump on board.  :(

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen

I have no clue how to play dnd anymore. Nor how to play said starwars one... but you've intrigued me.

• Pff, everyone gets second chances anytime they want! If you're up for it, join up- at least for the introduction session, see if it sounds like something you'd enjoy!

• If you're ever able to do an evening or Saturday thing, I'm totally down!

• We shall seeeee :O

• Actually, if you can give me a good idea of what time period the Star Wars campaign would be set in I can give you a solid character concept and do the preliminary build. I have all the d20 series including the New Jedi Order sourcebook with the Yuuzhan Vong and shit. Just in case there's a game I -can- play in, and whatnot.

• What do you use to play it? Something like roll20.net?

I'm an Aussie, so I have no idea how I'd go about fitting in with timing. If I can somehow fit in with time zone differences, I'm keen. I have the Core rulebook for Pathfinder and Black Crusade (Warhammer 40k), but nothing for Star Wars. Happy to learn, though. Absolutely loved KotOR 1 & 2. I'll see if I can grab the core rulebook for that (digital, not hardcopy. If the game's good I'll buy a hardcopy in town somewhere).

I've been craving some tabletop RPG.

• I wouldn't mind joining up again, I had a lot of fun last time and it was kinda sad it ended. I'm on European times, but always free in the evenings, so hopefully I can join in. I don't know the Star Wars thing, but don't mind reading up on things if you link me!

• Link to the rulebook's in the second post! Yes, we'll be using roll20. In faaaact... click here if you plan on stopping in!

I'll leave that room open for most of today. If you want to stop by and ask questions/discuss something, feel free! I'll be popping in and out to keep an eye on it. 

As for character concepts- I have a few adventures I'd like to run, and they kind of jump around a bit. I always wanted to explore the background of the Mandalorian and Jedi Civil Wars, so something set during either of those conflicts would be nice (Republic Era, of course). Something a bit closer to the Rise of the Empire Era is also a possibility (about 15-20 years before the Clone Wars), as is a story I'd like to flesh out that takes place a few years before the battle of Yavin.

I don't limit character concepts, as long as you figure out how you're going to work (or not) with the rest of the group. If you're grown up enough to handle it with relation to others, you're probably fine. Note, though, that I'm pretty strict on Jedi, and I give out darkside points pretty easily, so if you pick Jedi, you better be prepared to stick to being fairly adherent to the Code!

• What kind of times during the week would this be done? GMT times, if possible.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited August 2014

I'm up for joining a game, but do note I live in the GMT +8 timezone. Sundays would be good for me, because it would be Saturday for most of you.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:

I'm up for joining a game, but do note I live in the GMT +8 timezone. Sundays would be good for me, because it would be Saturday for most of you.

I could do Saturday evenings like whoa. Unfortunately I think that's out for Anedhel, which is a shame because he's the one running the damn thing.

• RuthRuth Singapore

If I said I could mostly do 9pm+ weekdays on GMT +8, would that help in scheduling a time to play?

• I can't do whatever time it's going to be either. We would need to find a gm for an our time game.

• We could just get more than one RPG going for the incompatible timezones, if necessary. (I prefer not to GM).

My experiences in RPGs are primarily Warhammer 40k, and played a bit of a GoT RPG. Always keen to try new things. I run on GMT+10, FYI.

• I'm in

• RuthRuth Singapore

For those interested in knowing so you can plan your character, I'm playing a Bothan Scoundrel.

• can i play a sith? :)

• I'm going with a Kel Dor Scout.