Commodities Acquisition

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Siduri said:

@Kyttin : Given the amount of detail you know, there is no doubt you know the person we are talking about. As for inter-enemy RP being stupid, said person and I have had a very healthy relationship while in enemy cities prior to her joining Targossas. Why couldn't I assume that this partnership would continue beyond? I mean, it's pretty much Siduri's shtick to be allowed leeway when interacting with enemies.

What I want to know is what dickhole in Mhaldor is selling you steel and leaving me high and dry.

Daddy wants to do a run of 100 fullplate :(

• edited August 2014

@Trey : No worries, the issue is more that what I paid for was never delivered.

Edit: And that, surprisingly, we 'had a deal' when the time came to snitch to my superiors in order to get rid of me altogether. Sort of lucky @Aurora saw right through it.

• @Siduri I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. WHO IS HOLDING OUT ON ME?  :'(

• why are you all wasting time on thongs that don't fill my rift with steel? @Sarapis‌ my efforts to reduce the amount of steel aren't helping if the hoarders aren't selling. MAKE THEM SELL ME STEEL or let me mine my own.

• Jurixe said:

If it involved the transaction of items, and one party failed to deliver the goods after payment was made, it's a scam, which is issuable for. I don't think it matters if credits were the currency used - as far as I know the only thing the admin don't cover is credit loans.

I think what you're failing to understand is the whole conversation took place over Skype. The person in question never said, CHOOSE ME -They are Mhaldorian make note- And randomly Siduri sent gold to said person, saying buy these commodities. It isn't a scam, it is only a scam if someone agrees IC for the transaction, and the person in question, never did!

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Kyttin said:

Jurixe said:

If it involved the transaction of items, and one party failed to deliver the goods after payment was made, it's a scam, which is issuable for. I don't think it matters if credits were the currency used - as far as I know the only thing the admin don't cover is credit loans.

I think what you're failing to understand is the whole conversation took place over Skype. The person in question never said, CHOOSE ME -They are Mhaldorian make note- And randomly Siduri sent gold to said person, saying buy these commodities. It isn't a scam, it is only a scam if someone agrees IC for the transaction, and the person in question, never did!

The person being Mhaldorian makes no difference. ICly we lie and cheat and steal, sure. But scamming is not allowed under any circumstances in the game, for good reason. It doesn't matter what IC affiliation you have - if the situation was reversed and it was a Mhaldorian scammed by a Targossan, it would make no difference.

Taking the details of the event at face value and commenting only purely on that, I think it is extremely poor form to cheat someone like that. If you know that you aren't going to be able to deliver the goods ICly, why lead someone on OOCly like that? Why even agree to such a transaction in the first place? Yes, it was perhaps not a good idea to conduct the details of the transaction on an OOC medium and I am not in any way condoning that. But I also think, that if the details of the event are exactly as stated, then it was very poor form on that other person's part.

The easiest way to resolve this, of course, is to name and shame the involved person - if they read forums. Give them a chance to explain, if they want to, and if they are really guilty then at least perhaps you save other people from being 'scammed' in the same way. I cannot guarantee it will have any other effect or the boundaries that administration have set to deal with this, but I take a very dim view of people who intentionally screw other people over like this and I'd like to know.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• "Yeah, shed some light on this!"

• edited August 2014

Warning, walls of text:

August 1, Skype

[01/août/2014 11:41:33] Her: *reads post on commodities*

*looks at [redacted]'s mostly full rift of things like leather and obsidian*

*resists urge to make snarky reply about just setting up trade deals with players who do troll those commodity stores*

[01/août/2014 11:42:01] Me: So you're the one trolling it à.à

[01/août/2014 11:42:39] Her: Of course she still buys obsidian from Sirocco!

[01/août/2014 11:42:52] Me: Yeah, but does she leave enough in store?

[01/août/2014 11:42:56] Her: Always.

[01/août/2014 11:43:03] Me: Then you're not the problem

[01/août/2014 11:43:11] Her: Evil doesn't mean asshole.

[01/août/2014 11:43:17] Me: I know

[01/août/2014 11:43:40] Me: I am tempted to camp the place and make a  trigger that checks commodity levels whenever someone walks out

[01/août/2014 11:43:53] Me: And then hunt the offenders to Minia

[01/août/2014 11:44:05] Me: I know Sarieno does it

[01/août/2014 11:44:06] Her: Yeah, but it does mean she usually has some, more than she ever needs.

[01/août/2014 11:44:21] Me: I can't buy them from you, sadly

[01/août/2014 11:45:00] Her: I thought fraternisation specifically exempted business deals?

[01/août/2014 11:45:30] Me: It's a touchy subject

[01/août/2014 11:46:00] Me: Has to remain secreeeet

[01/août/2014 11:46:24] Her: Just submit a report that she was so awesome Siduri can't live without her services :P

[01/août/2014 11:46:39] Me: Heh

[01/août/2014 11:46:55] Her: Pah. [redacted] can keep her mouth shut. :P

[01/août/2014 11:47:03] Me: I know, and Sid too.

[01/août/2014 11:47:20] Me: How would 40 each suit you?

[01/août/2014 11:47:51] Her: Would be fine for me. That's what I started selling them for eventually anyway.

[01/août/2014 11:48:08] Me: How many?

[01/août/2014 11:48:25] Her: And I'm always looking for more gold because need language lessons :|

[01/août/2014 11:48:31] Me: Awwwes

[01/août/2014 11:48:43] Her: I don't remember offhand what I have, will have to check later.

[01/août/2014 11:49:05] Me: Alright

[01/août/2014 11:49:13] Her: Well. I guess I could sign on right now, I took the day at home because I'm feeling like shit.

[01/août/2014 11:49:15] Me: We'll do this through anonymous letters

[01/août/2014 11:49:24] Her: Fine by me.

[01/août/2014 11:49:25] Me: Luminai style

[01/août/2014 11:49:43] Her: I still have the designations somewhere, heh.

[01/août/2014 11:50:28] Me: I'd mark them red, which means: "for direct line of command only'

[01/août/2014 11:56:00] Her: Ugh, I hate it when my map gets corrupted.

[01/août/2014 11:56:04] Me: Ack

[01/août/2014 11:57:03] Her: Causes Mudlet to crash when I try to goto when it's ducked.

[01/août/2014 11:57:26] Me: Did you arealock the empty area?

[01/août/2014 11:57:33] Me: Which is the corrupted wilderness?

[01/août/2014 11:58:47] Her: Oh, no, I hadn't.

[01/août/2014 12:00:16] Me: So, how much obsidian can you sell ussss?

[01/août/2014 12:02:22] Her: I have...1535 obsidian.

[01/août/2014 12:02:35] Me: I'll take 1.5k

[01/août/2014 12:02:44] Her: And leather and cloth are always cheap.

[01/août/2014 12:02:58] Me: 60k for the obsidian

[01/août/2014 12:08:32] Me: Letter sent

[01/août/2014 12:10:06] Her: Duck. My scabbard decayed.

[01/août/2014 12:10:14] Me: Karma

[01/août/2014 12:10:47] Her: That's okay, I have more, just need then stasis enchanted.

[01/août/2014 12:15:04] Me: Eeep, gotta run prepare dinner

[01/août/2014 12:15:07] Me: *smooch*

[01/août/2014 12:15:35] Her: Bye ~

• August 1st, Achaea

You tell Deaconess [Redacted], "Mhh, hello?"
    [Redacted] tells you, "Mmh?"
    You tell Deaconess [Redacted], "Have you gotten the gold?"
    [Redacted] tells you, "Ah, yes, I did receive your gold. My thanks for your donation."
    You tell Deaconess [Redacted], "As long as the counter donation comes, I do not mind it being called such."
    [Redacted] tells you, "Are you sure you weren't meaning to mail that to someone else?"
    You tell Deaconess [Redacted], "No, it was meant for you, [Redacted]. Gold for obsidian."
    [Redacted] tells you, "Indeed..."
    [Redacted] tells you, "I was wondering if you had forgotten I was no longer Targossian. Some people seem to forget what city I belong to."
    You tell Deaconess [Redacted], "Targossian or not, you remain the [Redacted] in which I have invested my trust."
    [Redacted] tells you, "Indeed, I have not changed in heart, just embraced a facet I had denied."
    You tell Deaconess [Redacted], "And which is it, if I may ask?"
    [Redacted] tells you, "I never did realise just how...hm. Cathartic it is to take a life."
    You tell Deaconess [Redacted], "Mhhmhh, it is."
    You tell Deaconess [Redacted], "So, did we have a deal?"
    [Redacted] tells you, "I suppose we can come to an agreement, although it is often best to broach the terms for such before simply sending payment."
    You tell Deaconess [Redacted], "It most certainly is wiser, indeed. Was the price of 40 per unit, for 1500 unit, satisfactory?"
    [Redacted] tells you, "Hm. Luckily I do have a little over 1,500 Obsidian."
    You tell Deaconess [Redacted], "Hmm, am I not the luckiest woman, now?"
    [Redacted] sceptically tells you, "Indeed."
    You tell Deaconess [Redacted], "Heh. I am interested in continuing our previous partnership, if you wonder. You were always reliable and efficient."
    [Redacted] tells you, "I do try to be, aye. Apologies, had to finish up a round of killing."
    You tell Deaconess [Redacted], "*snicker* Alright. A letter will do, as means of delivery. Anonymous, of course."
    (The Dawnguard): You say, "Locate [Redacted]."
    (The Dawnguard): Draqoom says, "I sense [Redacted] at Drake Gloom (Mhaldor)."
    (The Dawnguard): Ruca says, "[Redacted] (5357hp, 4874mp) is at Drake Gloom - with Zii (2 people total)."
    (The Dawnguard): You say, "Thank you."

• August 2, Skype:

[02/août/2014 23:40:38] Me: Psh, is [Redacted] actually crossing Siduri?
    [02/août/2014 23:43:05] Her: Huh?
    [02/août/2014 23:44:13] Me: I mean, is she not sending the obsidian in bad faith, or is it just a matter of timing?
    [02/août/2014 23:44:44] Her: HONOURS [Redacted]
    [02/août/2014 23:46:16] Me: That's not a valid answer for me
    [02/août/2014 23:46:23] Her: Bah.
    [02/août/2014 23:46:43] Her: I just spent almost all of the past few days hitting dragon and just got it.
    [02/août/2014 23:47:09] Me: Woot!
    [02/août/2014 23:47:22] Me: (absolutely didn't check the race)
    [02/août/2014 23:47:29] Me: Congrats *hugs*
    [02/août/2014 23:48:24] Her: Ta.
    [02/août/2014 23:48:34] Her: So, yeah...been a little preoccupied.
    [02/août/2014 23:49:19] Me: I'm sorry for doubting you, then. I admit I've been feeling pretty insecure lately.

• edited August 2014

August 6th, Achaea:

High Advisor Micaelis Bayt al-Azhan, Sefyric Prince says, "It's interesting you said obsidian, because this relates directly to that." 
    You nod your head emphatically.
    High Advisor Micaelis Bayt al-Azhan, Sefyric Prince says, "We've come to learn you have purchased obsidian from Mhaldorians."
    You whisper in Targossian with a mesmerizing, eastern accent, "I listen."
    High Advisor Micaelis Bayt al-Azhan, Sefyric Prince says, "Now, there are...levels, as I'm sure you're aware, to what is "acceptable". No one is going to eat your lunch for something of this little magnitude."
    You whisper in Targossian with a mesmerizing, eastern accent, "Yes, I have attempted to purchase obsidian from [redacted], who was my personal assistant before, and could have served us still in their city."
    You whisper in Targossian with a mesmerizing, eastern accent, "However, she never delivered the goods."
    High Advisor Micaelis Bayt al-Azhan, Sefyric Prince says, "I thought of this, until [redacted] readily sold you out in order to get you in trouble."
    High Advisor Micaelis Bayt al-Azhan, Sefyric Prince says, "Which of course was taken into account."

• Name and shame already, or stop polluting this thread.

• edited August 2014

I named my guess already, but nobody got the joke. Japanese? Anyone?

firefly/hotaru = 蛍

蛍 = Kei

• its kei 

• Now back to bitching about steel, please.

• Gold was delivered just now. Thank you, @Kei. Sorry for making such a fuss, but I was genuinely hurt.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited August 2014

I won't lie, that was pretty stupid by all parties on all levels. Still, I'm glad everything got resolved. I'd say more, but perhaps it's best we move on. At least there probably won't be a repeat in the future!

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• @Jurixe : Yeah, it's one of those moments where you don't feel particularly bright for acting like this, then you remember that it's because you've been together a long time and stopped considering this a possibility. A bit like divorce.

• Allow us to make steel from iron, using, um... The new molybdenum mines discovered in Meropis.

• Right. So here's the deal...any type of insane communication mediums such as IM, Skype, texting whatever does not constitute as ANY type of in character agreement. I hate to say it but a majority have an issue separating and understanding the separation of OOC and IC conversations and situations. If it was an in game situation/agreement then I would call it a scam..however since it does look like a instant messaging medium was used..it does not appear to be so. Just looks like the game was discussed on skype. The agreement would have needed between the actual characters.

Point is, it's stupid on all accounts. Situation closed. Learn IC/OOC better. I will go back to my tea! 

• HELP SCAMS is pretty clearly OOC, and I really can't think of a reason that other methods of communication would be exempt, especially if a record of the agreement and acknowledgement of receipt of payment is available. 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Scams are prohibited in whatever fashion they might take place. To simply prohibit in-character scams would be highly ineffectual, as the scammer would then only have to approach the victim in the most flimsy of ooc manners and then be able to defend himself.

Talking in a strictly general way

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• @Rispok Steel should be able to made using iron and coal?

• Greys said:

@Rispok Steel should be able to made using iron, limestone, and coal?

Fixed~
  • Nim said:
    Greys said:

@Rispok Steel should be able to made using iron, limestone, and coal?

Fixed~

Take a page from Dwarf Fortress and have all kinds of smelting combinations!

• I can personally attest to Steel being next to impossible to come by regularly, as well as Leather.

Between Peak, Trey, and I - we're burning through a TON of materials in short order, paying around 1000 gold per rapier created. 

I really hope this isn't a war of attrition, as I'm broke. 

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth

Steel's been bad price-wise. As for leather, I've seen it at its lowest price several times. This is from logging on Asian timezone plus some random time.

Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1