Godzilla

2»

Comments

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited August 2014
    Strata said:
    Alcinae said:

Man, now I regret not logging in all weekend.

Yeah work has been keeping me too busy to do much other than check messages when I can.

Hey does anyone wanna buy my affliction tracker for 0cr? I'll clean up my code, rename it Mothra and release it for free.

Yes, please. Also can I be in your demo log? :smiley: 

• Melodie said:
    What is this thread I don't even.

They might as well rename it to "coder wars"...

• edited August 2014
    Shara said:

Well, I guess that answers the long back and forth that was had in P9 yesterday. In which Ernam stated more than once that it you had read the site and approved it. http://pastebin.com/6cuhZ0xK

PS. Illusions, and all those 'fancy' tricks don't do shit versus an automation system with proper checks in place.
    See: Imperian/Aetolia where AI is king.

Don't talk about issues on forums. - V

• 20 years later...

So your name is Rip?...Yes yes...

And Achaea, this is a real place?...It's in my mind, leave me be! *raps cane...

--- @Cahin

"Xbox 360 gamepad"...Heck I have used my 72 button configurable joystick with throttle for flight sims, my 88 key digital piano with sustain peddle AND my 16 drum pad ( not all a once, but that might be kind of neat )...Best I found...A nice wave keyboard with f1-f12 keys and numpad.

@Cynlael, I am sorry I haven't played any other IRE games. However, any automated system will be dealt with by serpents,  I can guarantee it...it took 16 years for them to say ENOUGH, sever side curing it is.  ----> Looks into the future, 2034, server side Affliction tracking...

• Wow, such a toxic group.

Let me get this straight - @Bluef and @Traelor‌ are claiming that @Ernam said in an OOC clan that he automates combat with 'Godzilla' or whatever he calls it, and are billowing the forum eThug status by making all of these accusations and claims of the guy...

Entertaining the 'automated' claim here ... am I the only one that doesn't give two shits about an automated offense? It makes it that much easier to plug holes into and take advantage of. Achaea has such a uniquely in-depth combat mechanism to it that it's next to impossible to include every avenue of ability available. Looking at the logs that I've been shown, and others that I've gotten my hands on, I see a pretty straight forward "affliction" tracker that envenoms and afflicts based on already-estimated afflictions. 

That is not illegal in the slightest, and it's honestly pretty smart coding truth be told. I know on numerous occasions that many have asked on the 'Mudlet' clan for help in fixing something with their own personal tracker.  In a basic nutshell, affliction combat is almost entirely just a mathematical equation between your afflicting speed, herb balance, focus balance, and their cure method. It's a big puzzle with a timer. 

As for the websites quotes, as well as quotes from the clan "Project 9", I believe virtually everyone on there has spewed some exaggerated things that rival most 14-year old kid's claims on XBOX Live about sleeping with someones mom.

I might be a lone dove here, but if the dude's able to sell it and make money off of it, why not? Wouldn't you? If I could code, I would - you can bet your sweet ass of it. If your chief argument is that it's your work and not theirs, and that yours is superior - why not sell it yourself? I think it's a copout honestly. 

/devilsadvocate

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

Achaean combat isn't that complicated, it's just tedious to get past the midbie stage. Compared to say, chess, it's pretty straightforward.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited August 2014
    Aelios said:

Wow, such a toxic group.

Let me get this straight - @Bluef and @Traelor‌ are claiming that @Ernam said in an OOC clan that he automates combat with 'Godzilla' or whatever he calls it, and are billowing the forum eThug status by making all of these accusations and claims of the guy...

Hey, I just had the same question Traelor did when this thread went up. It wasn't personal. 

My confirming that the log posted by Shara is legit doesn't make me a thug, neither does the humor I find in its contents.

I think the most I've said here is that encouraging people to automate as described on P9 is sketchy. I questioned whether Sarapis had, in fact, approved that usage of the affliction tracker. Something he denied.

I have no problem with an affliction tracker being sold by Ernam or by anyone else. Like most people I simply raised an eyebrow at his boisterous claims to have used it to kill people AFK and that automation to that extent was completely legal. 

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Works pretty good, few bugs that need ironed out a little bit. 

Don't know why everyone's throwing a huge hissy fit about it.

• Strata said:
    <stuff>
    Most of Cathy's system was derived from Gnaeus, which was derived from mine. Not to mention Cathy's brief membership in Strata's house. It doesn't matter how many layers of separation you put between it - you deliberately kept it private because you knew this kind of reaction would happen.
    <more stuff>

I'll say that I went back to nothing when you started helping me. My system is essentially yours, but with my own flourishes, and touches. Not that I use it anymore, but yeah. @Strata is the boss.

Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • edited August 2014

The white knighting is real.

@Rip, IRE's yet to come up with a class that's complex enough to get around a good enough, and dedicated enough coder, I'm sorry.

If you want reference, here, part of an automation script I have access to in Imperian: http://pastebin.com/qrCaiFcM

cbf digging up triggers, way too lazy to bother proving my point -that- much.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Cynlael said:

The white knighting is real.

@Rip, IRE's yet to come up with a class that's complex enough to get around a good enough, and dedicated enough coder, I'm sorry.

If you want reference, here, part of an automation script I have access to in Imperian: http://pastebin.com/qrCaiFcM

cbf digging up triggers, way too lazy to bother proving my point -that- much.

What's that script called? Cyclomatic Complexity?

• IDK, but you can just hold down F1 and it'll lock someone. Also I said 'part of the script', there's multiple ones which are similarly coded like that one :wink: - Also works perfectly well in group settings; even better if multiple people are using the script.

• Totally unrelated, but @Alcinae using the Insightful reaction is my favourite thing on the forums right now. It just fits so well with her avatar.

• XerXer Langley

@Antonius, @Alcinae is a male :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
This discussion has been closed.