Relics

Comments

• Jarrod said:
    Mishgul said:

Eleusis using em like they use their house gold.

They leave 625k it on the floor in the House Leader office for enterprising Serpents to pick up?

:)

What can I say, I like to reward people.  ...And totally failed to realize the container it was in decayed. 6^^

• boob relics

• Nim said:
    Lucine said:

You know what would be fun for Relics?  Booby-trap relics, that look almost the same as the other ones but end up having negative effects.  Or, if relics, because they're so powerful, start to have negative effects if you keep them too long.

Like a ring that turns you invisible, but also makes you crazy and possessive, corrupts your body, and attracts the attention of wraiths, sorcerer lords, and evil Gods whose names begin in S.

I was thinking more Warehouse 13, but that's actually a lot more relevant!  Though I guess you could say that the wraiths, sorcerer lords attention happens with or without a change... just they're from different cities.

• Veldrin said:

I don't get the idea by preventing people from dropping/giving away relics. Right now I can end up get the killing blow on someone who carries a relic doing stuff like city defense. Now I'm open PK to the world and the only way to not be that is to either die or sit and wait on a ship for the bloody thing to disappear? That's FUBAR to the max.

Super artied Dragon/Magi.

Need more PK

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Oh VELDRIN.

• Why did Veldrin go to Targossas? The death of Tarah and destruction of Shallam was basically tailor-made for him to be able to go to Cyrene, lol.

• Draekar said:
    Actually, for different reasons. It would be good if there was a way to reset a relic. If the player doesn't want it because they might be afking, forging, qqing etc etc they could relinquish it back in to the pool.

Obviously not a biggie, but it doesn't seem a bad thing to add in.

Would have to be careful implementing this.

About to die to enemies? Relic return button gogo!

• VeldrinVeldrin Denmark
    Hasar said:
    Draekar said:
    Actually, for different reasons. It would be good if there was a way to reset a relic. If the player doesn't want it because they might be afking, forging, qqing etc etc they could relinquish it back in to the pool.

Obviously not a biggie, but it doesn't seem a bad thing to add in.

Would have to be careful implementing this.

About to die to enemies? Relic return button gogo!

Just have the syntax require full health/mana like boarding ships/journal/newsroom ? 10 seconds of not doing anything?

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind

The treasure hunting bit is fun!

However:

My excitement was greatly reduced upon discovering the Gauntlet of Waves has fuckall to do with ships :(

• Veldrin said:

I don't get the idea by preventing people from dropping/giving away relics. Right now I can end up get the killing blow on someone who carries a relic doing stuff like city defense. Now I'm open PK to the world and the only way to not be that is to either die or sit and wait on a ship for the bloody thing to disappear? That's FUBAR to the max.

Help! I'm participating in a PK event by attacking someone who's got relics, but I don't want to be PKed! 

• Aegoth said:

Veldrin said:

Help! I'm participating in a PK event by attacking someone who's got relics, but I don't want to be PKed! 

He meant raid defense. You know, where everyone kinda helps a little at the risk of being considered a non-com

• KayeilKayeil Washington State

We just need a relic ballpit, it'd make the PK and relic finding so much more fun. Hiding in cities is so last week.

What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:

We just need a relic ballpit, it'd make the PK and relic finding so much more fun. Hiding in cities is so last week.

I think it would be better if we give people an extra hour in the ballpit if their relic gets taken away from them through PK or

• Shrug it off @Ashadra .  You bursted, so no big deal, and it's not like it will ever happen again :)

• AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited August 2014

Relics drop on log-out and whenever a guard kills you for trying to pick it up on a guard stack, it gets the relic and you have to raid the city and guard kill to get it back.

Does this satisfy everyone?

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa

I'll go for anything that allows me to get rid of the damn thing. Athelas got stuck with Lifegiver, without a clue on how that happened. The only message I got, was that it chose to serve me for now. I ended up handing Athelas to Vicious just so I could go back to playing, rather than sitting around waiting for someone to attack. Seriously, who ever thought not being able to give relics away was a good idea, needs to think again! There are many of us, that simply do not care for having open-PK forced on us.

Or, at the very least, make it so that you can't quietly get a relic. When you get one, all sorts of lights need to go off so that you know you have one and need to run!!

• Athelas said:

I'll go for anything that allows me to get rid of the damn thing. Athelas got stuck with Lifegiver, without a clue on how that happened. The only message I got, was that it chose to serve me for now. I ended up handing Athelas to Vicious just so I could go back to playing, rather than sitting around waiting for someone to attack. Seriously, who ever thought not being able to give relics away was a good idea, needs to think again! There are many of us, that simply do not care for having open-PK forced on us.

Or, at the very least, make it so that you can't quietly get a relic. When you get one, all sorts of lights need to go off so that you know you have one and need to run!!

RELIC YIELD <whatever>

You can't give it to another player, but then you don't have the relic and are no longer open-PK. Nothing is being forced on you except a maximum of 23 keystrokes. 

• RuthRuth Singapore

Yesterday was fun. Ashtan mountain raided us for Mycen's relic and I randomly decided to check my inventory, only to find the dragon bow in my hands.

They turned up later after we killed Tesha for defiling to get it back. Was fun to play with it for a while, I definitely didn't know what the bow could do, because I haven't been involving myself in relic business.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa

@Trey‌ thank you. Where did you learn that.

• Athelas said:

@Trey‌ thank you. Where did you learn that.

HELP RELICS

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    I'd agree with relics dropping from inventory on QQ and resetting to a random location in the world if they're brought onto a ship.

Also, like how infamy decays faster if you're standing outside your city, relics should reset faster if you're standing inside your city.

• Aktillum said:
    I'd agree with relics dropping from inventory on QQ and resetting to a random location in the world if they're brought onto a ship.

Also, like how infamy decays faster if you're standing outside your city, relics should reset faster if you're standing inside your city.

What if you are using the relic to help you defend your city?

• But not during sanctioned raids, obv.

I'd like if they reset off NPCs to a new NPC every so often. Once a year maybe. Punish us for being wusses and not hitting Ugrach (NOPE), but after awhile it should reset.