Post Your Computer/Gaming Area

2»

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Oh man I just noticed that. Wrek't.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    @Sarapis,  you wrote and designed most of Achaea, and still can't spell Hashan right?  For shame. 

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Sobriquet said:
    Austere said:

@Sobriquet‌ I finished getting dragon while staying in an out of state hotel for a few months for training.  The isolation was very conductive to repetitive boring tasks, but you get so stir crazy. 

I stay in hotels roughly 4/5 times a week, and usually traveling between customers means they are different hotels too. You do get used to it, but it's not easy at times. Achaea is actually a great way to use some of that time seeing as I only need my laptop, which I take everywhere anyway. Although, those on my OOC channels will know my frustration that not all hotel wifi's are often fast enough to play...

An IT security guy checking into a hotel with shitty wifi... doesn't login to the hotel's flimsy consumer grade network hardware with the defaults and reconfigure it so everyone except him is rate limited to nothing.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

@Sarapis, the picture frame in that one picture is messing with my mind right now.

• @Kresslack that's my fav picture in my house, though unfortunately I didn't take that one. I don't know how well it came across in the photo, but the only bit of color in the photo are the red shoes on the feet of the presumably dead woman (can only see her feet sticking out by the bed).

• @Siduri‌

Same laptop as me, good choice imo. ;D

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Stuneree said:

@Siduri‌

Same laptop as me, good choice imo. ;D

Except for the win8.1 part.

• @Strata‌ Nope, not 8.1, just 8. I'm no casual.

• edited August 2014
    Chiam said:
    Stuneree said:
    Ellodin said:

i approve of the g400s, though my mouse mat is somewhat less stylish

while i don't have a headset, my headphones are sennheiser hd595s and i use a mic that clips to the wire.

Chiam said:

SteelSeries mousepad, I approve! I might post mine sometime soon, or when I get back home.

The mousepad is the QcK+, it's about 1.5 feet across, because I play comp games as well. I use a 12.5"/360 for accuracy.

The G400/S+QcK+ is a beautiful combo for tracking.

Also @Chiam‌ , is that picture from Kingdom of Loathing? I used to play that probably about eight years ago now haha.

@Stuneree‌

Yes, it is Kingdom of Loathing from sooo many years ago. I have been using the Discobandit as my avatar since.

I used to play Counterstrike 1.6 and Starcraft: Brood War competitively too, but recently I've been joining Street Fighter tournaments :)

I use a Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 since forever, a QCK+ Tyloo and a Cherry MX-red mechanical keyboard

What teams/leagues in 1.6?

I competed in 1.6 for almost a decade and my best friend from my hometown was a top US BW/SC2 player.

• edited August 2014
    Austere said:

@Sobriquet‌ I finished getting dragon while staying in an out of state hotel for a few months for training.  The isolation was very conductive to repetitive boring tasks, but you get so stir crazy. 

My best hunting comes from hotel rooms.. Looking forward to the two night roadtrip I have coming up.. Sleep in the car, hunt all night. Rinse and repeat

Edit: (Obviously Im not the driver)

• @Halios we don't have the ESL/ESEA/CPL leagues here like the US do, so it's mostly just tournaments here and there, or WCG/ESWC. I'm more interested of your top US player friend though.

• Photo

Laptop, check. Mouse, check if necessary. Ipad for Netflix, check. Coke and candy, check. This is my impressive gaming area.

• edited August 2014
    Chiam said:

@Halios we don't have the ESL/ESEA/CPL leagues here like the US do, so it's mostly just tournaments here and there, or WCG/ESWC. I'm more interested of your top US player friend though.

So I grew up with a guy named Machine who played Broodwar a lot. We were on the same wrestling team in highschool and trained in judo/brazilian jiu jitsu together.

We found out we both played videogames so we started hanging out a lot. From there I met the whole Broodwar USA scene crew. Skew, Artosis, Tasteless, Incontrol, Idra, Future, LZGamer, Day9, Last Shadow, G5, SloG, Nyoken, etc. etc. etc. (too many to name)

Used to go to WCG events with Machine because I was going with pug teams for CS and he was competing in Broodwar, then I ended up going to some of the MLGs in the early days of SC2 with the EG guys just for mini vacations.

Loads of fun, all great guys.

Really weird that Artosis and Day9 and everyone are like, famous, though. Quite odd. used to just sit on ventrilo with them until 4am every night playing UMS games.

• @Saeva‌ Jeez your mousepad could be used as a coaster! Gotta get a 1.5' mousepad for precision icon clicking.

• @Stuneree said:
    @Saeva‌ Jeez your mousepad could be used as a coaster! Gotta get a 1.5' mousepad for precision icon clicking

hahahah it's a piece of black construction paper folded in half :smiley: 

• @Saeva‌ Brb mailing you a QcK+ for MAXIMUM click precision.

• My optimized set-up is a laptop on an old, stained couch with my daughter's mega-blocks strewn across the floor. :expressionless: 

Some nice ones here though.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• @Halios‌ ah Machine! He used to be one of the top Terran players. I watched some replays of his for reference too!

But let's not get too out of topic here :smile: 

• edited September 2014
    Well shit. I didn't realize this thread was here so I made one. My bad. Here's mine. Just finished setting it up today. 
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Austere said:
    @Sarapis,  you wrote and designed most of Achaea, and still can't spell Hashan right?  For shame. 
    Or is it that he is the only one spelling it right?