Not so meetup, more get-together-ish.

Because I'm poor and love you all - but, yeah. The poor thing.

A RP community I was on a bit ago used to do these random Cards Against Humanity nights with its players. Roughly 8-ish folks would create a name on this website and play together for hours on end. We'd usually supplement it with Skype phoning or tinychat so we could annoy each other while we did it. Sometimes drinks were drunken and such, too. 

Just an idea. If only a handful of folks wanted in, we could do it with voice chat, too - but if we wanted to get an even larger group of people, we could just use the chat box in the actual CAH server. OR we could do a voicechat with 10-15 people on something. 

Just an idea! 

Comments

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!
    This sounds hilarious, I'm in.

• Sure, maybe. :P

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen

I could possibly do this.

• Some of us do this from time to time when things get heavy (IG or OOCly!) and we need a pick-me-up. I'd be into it! Just lemme know if you go for it and if I'm around I"d play.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    CAH the best cheer up when Achaea is being a downer but you still want to chat with people. Happy to play whenever there's a game going!

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

I'm in! Probably somebody around with a semi-inactive teamspeak/ventrilo/mumble server we can use too

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Cool cool cool. I'm glad people are giving this a shot - was honestly intimidated to even ask. :D

Maybe we can think on a date/time in the near future? That way people can plan and whatnot. I know we all have wildly different schedules (and timezones) usually, so it may be a bit tricky. 

Once we decide, I could just post the time up here - or in a new thread - to alert folks. 

Keep the ideas coming. This could be lots of fun. :3

• Count me in, sounds fun.

• edited July 2014

I'm in!

ETA: I'm on usually days CST, up until 5 pm-ish. Flexible within those hours!

• I'm -5 GMT. I could probably make myself available all day this coming Saturday or Sunday, if others needed to work on a different time frame on those days.

Ah, hell. I'll just throw a time out there:

How's this Saturday, 6:00PM EST? Or maybe Sunday, at this time?

• I believe I should be at home. So I will try to be about. I'll message you my skype contact if you'd like it for rounding people up.

• Hmmmm, I think I'll be around, might have to check this shindig out.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

I'd be home at the time.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I should be around!

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!

I'll count on @Daslin to yell at me to remind me

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

I'll count on @Shara to shout at me and remind me to remind @Tharvis who will then speak to @Datrius and remind him.

• So 6:00  PM Saturday, EST?

I like @Saeva's idea to message me your Skype info - that way I can add you all and we can converge there. We can at least do a group chat there so I can send you all the link, and if people like, we can do a video chat where people can deign to use video...or just yell at us via microphone. :D 

I'll respond to your message with my name so you know whose bothering you. 

• Just an update:

So far, we've got 10 confirmed players for Cards Against Humanity. I'll add everyone to a group chat in roughly 2 and a half hours. If you want in, feel free to message me here for my Skype info so I can add you at that time.

Anyone already playing can also add whomever to the chat once we get started. (:
  • Last update: I promise.

I'm about to start adding people to Skye chat. If you want in, please just message me here.:)

Thanks for making this happen, guys!

• Here's the link to the actual game, if you're interested : http://pyx-2.socialgamer.net/game.jsp#game=116

Password: achaea!

• ...without the exclamation point

• edited July 2014

I'll bookmark this thread in case this kind of thing happens again. Sounds like a good time. Especially if one throws some liquor into the equation.

• I had a ton of fun! I hope we can all do it again. And the more, the merrier (and beerier).

• So maybe we can do another CAH sesh soon. Feel free to post availability and wishes for times. <3

• Saturday afternoon/evening seemed to work well last time, could probably aim for that again.

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!

Saturday afternoons and all day Sundays are great. I actually have internet now so I can actually participate.

• UlrikeUlrike Maryland
    This sounds choice. Weekends are great, or late EST anytime.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    whenever if i am awake.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    Just poke me on skype.
  • Yeah, I'm a terrible hostess. 

Of course - please feel free to use this thread to set this up without me, if you guys want to do this sometime really soon. Some family issues have come to the forefront, so I probably wouldn't be able to get folks together myself until next weekend. Another Saturday may work well, like it did last time, though.