Colorado?

Comments

• I'm going on the 5th for my 21st, but I'd be up to going again when the gang's all here :D

I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited July 2014

Okay guys, now that @Aepas is back in Colorado and I'm due to fly to the states in less than two days, would like to confirm our schedule.

What's currently proposed is:

Date: 18 July 2014

Time: 9~10 am

Meeting location: Colorado Springs

Itinerary:

- Meet at somewhere in Colorado Springs for some activity (where exactly you guys have to help me out there because I'm not too sure what CoS has for all of us to do, or we could meet straight at Manitou Springs at a café)

- Manitou Springs for maté tea and possibly the incline

- Drive to Mercury Cafe in Denver for chat, drinks and night activities!

Attendance list of people who has expressed interest:

@Ainia, @Antidas, @Aepas, @Xae, @Epiphany, Samakhulis.

Could people confirm their attendance, please? Thanks!

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• RuthRuth Singapore
    It didn't seem to tag @Samakhulis‌so I'll tag again.

• I'll definitely be there, but I won't lie, 9-10 am sounds pretty early, especially when I have an hour and a half drive just to get down there, and I'll likely be at work till fairly late the night before. If you guys want to try to meet that early you're welcome to, but I might bow out of morning activities and meet up with you all later in the day haha.

• RuthRuth Singapore

What about 12 noon?

• Noon sounds much more reasonable to me!

• RuthRuth Singapore

Any specific location in CoS you guys want to meet up at?

• EpiphanyEpiphany Colorado Springs

I love all of you, but probably not enough for a 9am anything :D I live in the springs, so for me this part of scheduling isn't too difficult except that it's summer so I may have my girls with me, or I may plan for a playdate with some of her friends and pop by for an hour or so without them. I'm out for the Denver part, though, because I'm going back up there on either the 19th or the 20th with friends and family for Dre's birthday (on the 14th, but we're doing it the 19/20th due to daddy's work schedule). As things get more set in stone I'll have more input to give. 

• EpiphanyEpiphany Colorado Springs
    edited July 2014
    Garden of the Gods is beautiful, public, and a big enough place that there are signs and stuff for people to follow who aren't from the springs coming from nearly any of the main roads. 

Ruth said:

Any specific location in CoS you guys want to meet up at?

• SamakhulisSamakhulis Greeley, Colorado
    edited July 2014

Okay. What's there to lose? I'll put it on my calendar and plan on being there!

Antidas said:

If you guys want to try to meet that early you're welcome to

As I won't be able to stay late (late nights in Denver don't sit too well with me), I'll probably take off mid to late afternoon, hopefully after said hike. However, I have scheduled a tentative day off from work for this, and am somewhat of a morning person, so if anybody does want to meet sometime somewhere before noon, I can be on the road out of FoCo pretty early.

Epiphany said:
    Garden of the Gods is beautiful, public, and a big enough place that there are signs and stuff for people to follow who aren't from the springs coming from nearly any of the main roads. 

Yes on this!!

Remind me to dig out 1) my two parody contributions and 2) the Colorado 2014 photos! Both threads are gone, and I'm sad.

Star Wars COULD be boring...but it isn't. Here's why I don't tell people that I'm talking with an NPC. Oh, and I never actually met Ethaya, but her comics are absolutely amazing!!

Speaking of rare minerals: Defuperine - That candy coating that you find on the skin of overzealous adventurers who put on so many layers of defenses upon awakening that you wonder how they're able to move afterward.

• The ball and chain says no.

*Animated Signature*

• RuthRuth Singapore

Alright guys, let's meet at the Garden of the Gods in CoS on the 18th July at 12 noon then!

• I lived in Broomfield for a long time, and now I'm back in Iowa. HOWEVER, My father still lives in CO and I frequent often!

• XaeXae
    edited July 2014

Woo, noon works for me. I'll call off for my morning job that day (which I shall do this week) and for my night job, will try to work that morning so I don't have to stay there past noon. Though, I might not arrive untiiil.. maybe between 1-2PM because that's about an hour drive for me.

ALSO! I'm all up for carpooling if any of you happen to live close to Aurora/Centennial. Found out that something is horribly wrong with my car. (I forgot the correct term, but it's about smack dab in the middle of my car underneath and if that breaks, my car will go capoot and out of control. It's been really shaky/grindy as of late. So, trying to prevent that!)

• Coloradians spending too much money on pot. Unable to have cars. unable to have monies.

So, we started with the plans of Garden of the Gods at noon, then up to Manitou springs. That leaves most of the night still open, and from the sounds of it, @Xae‌ is underage so most of the bars seem to be off limits. I'm always up for hiking to the top of some random rock and drinking beers instead, but we should probly find out what our night activities will be since .... Hm I was just told @Xae‌ just hit 21? maybe we will be able to hit up a bar.

Either way, in the desire to be safe, and so many people living out and about, are we getting rooms, heading home at the end of the night? It all seems to be currently open ended without a good actual plan. -_-

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • @Aepas am not underage anymore. Turned 21 back on the 5th! Also, I'm bringing a friend who kinda' played Achaea. Comfort reasons!

• @Aepas personally, I'm not opposed to leaving things open ended! We can figure out more specific plans as we go.

• Alrighty then, as long as everyone is on the same page!

• Sooo, I'm most likely going to be unable to show up. My friend that was coming with me got called into work til 5PM, and my car's drive shaft is complete toast. Unless I could get a ride (I would provide a full tank's worth of gas money!), I am a no-show. :/

• @Xae I got you. Send me your address in a message or something, and I'll can give you a ride.

• RuthRuth Singapore

Hope to see you both there then! The recent weather in Colorado seems to be pretty shitty lately, hope Garden of the Gods would still be a good place to meet at come Friday.

Ainia said:
    Epiphany said:

I love all of you, but probably not enough for a 9am anything :D I live in the springs, so for me this part of scheduling isn't too difficult except that it's summer so I may have my girls with me, or I may plan for a playdate with some of her friends and pop by for an hour or so without them. I'm out for the Denver part, though, because I'm going back up there on either the 19th or the 20th with friends and family for Dre's birthday (on the 14th, but we're doing it the 19/20th due to daddy's work schedule). As things get more set in stone I'll have more input to give. 

Please tell me you are having her bday in Denver because you are going to go to Casa Bonita.

That smell! That mouldy, musty smell brings back SUCH wonderful, 25yo memories!

Remind me to dig out 1) my two parody contributions and 2) the Colorado 2014 photos! Both threads are gone, and I'm sad.

Star Wars COULD be boring...but it isn't. Here's why I don't tell people that I'm talking with an NPC. Oh, and I never actually met Ethaya, but her comics are absolutely amazing!!

Speaking of rare minerals: Defuperine - That candy coating that you find on the skin of overzealous adventurers who put on so many layers of defenses upon awakening that you wonder how they're able to move afterward.

• @Ainia I'm in Boulder, but can get to wherever. And yea I'm down to take one car lol. That being said, @Xae told me she may not be able to leave till about noon or one due to her job. Idk if you want to get there a few hours late :/

• If I can't get out of work (only managed to shrug off one job), I'm most likely not going to go. I don't want to hold anyone up. >_< But if you guys are still planning to head to Denver, I might meet up with you all then.

• @Ainia I'm fine with that. Hopefully @Xae will be able to get the morning off! I'm down to carpool, but we might want to take my car haha. Its got pretty damn good gas milage, and if yours is as big as you say...probably cheaper to use mine lol.

• @Ainia idc, I can meet you wherever. Just lemme know whats easiest for you

@Ainia Just another option to consider: since I'm heading home mid-afternoon anyway, I can always drop by in the morning, then drive you back later in the afternoon.

But I don't want to cause any last minute confusion, so if it works better to stick with your previous or tentative plan, by all means.

• RuthRuth Singapore

Visitor Center is fine, @Ainia!

• Sooo, I managed to work in the morning so I'm done by noon... But I'm doing some late birthday thing with a few friends (it's their birthday and they're "making" up for it). BUT. If you guys are still planning to go to Denver, I can prooobably meet you guys down there with ANOTHER friend cus it's their birthday too. I promised going to a few bars. :P SO. I asked Antidas to update me on times if you guys are still heading down there and I can see about chillin' for a bit!

• flake much