Bardic/Artisinal

General discussion. Is the judging on it this month?
I always get curious to see the new artwork/writing.
Also for the bardic itself. I wish when it was returned to draft state
that even a small reason was given to let you know why it didn't place.
If grammar, not achaean enough or a better piece placed.
Hard to improve on something for future entries if you don't know
what you lack.

Comments

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Giving a reason to the 50 to 100+ entries as to why they weren't as good as the few that placed would be a ridiculous amount of time and effort. Never in the 11 years I've played this game have they, the Administration and judging panel, ever given a reason why something 'wasn't good enough'. And they won't. Ever. You can resubmit a piece if it didn't place. As many times as you want. If they gave you reasons why something g wasn't chosen then it would basically guarantee you an eventual win, or worse yet, you'd be even more upset when you changed your work to include the reason and it still wasn't chosen. Some things lose because they're good pieces, but not GREAT pieces. Just my two cents on the topic.
  • I can't even imagine trying to spare a hundred sensitive writers'/artists' feelings with 'constructive criticism'.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it

A lot of it is a matter of opinion, but it would also be great if pieces that failed because of a mechanical error (smart quotes or other things that break the rules) were noted as such. I mean, I wouldn't know otherwise.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• No nothing like that. I wouldn't expect them to go into detail but it would be cool if by some coding thing they could attach one of how many ever pre-made default reasons to why it was returned to draft. Like.. code 1, not achaean enough, code 2, smart quotes, code 3, another piece won or code 4, grammatical errors. I'm not asking for.. a novel explanation. I'm also not an english teacher.