Inquisition

12346»

Comments

• HalosHalos The Reaches

This thread died a year and a half ago, actually. I see you are brushing up on your your resurrection skills. 

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • TraelorTraelor Columbia, SC
    Well, it's all in preparation for my class change to Occie.

Traelor - Saving the day since 594

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA

It also doubles Focus mana cost, though a lot of folks won't Focus against a Priest in the first place, and the ones that do usually stop focusing on Inquisition.

Biggest problem with Inq is the EQ time, in my opinion. It's a huge, flashing neon sign to your opponent that they should GTFO, and with a 5-second EQ recovery, it's a huge hit to your momentum and I have plenty of time to run or even Tumble out before you can take advantage of it.

I haven't been Priest since the big Healing change-up, so I won't claim to be a Priest expert in the modern age, but I never used Inq when I was a Priest, and even with all the changes that have come through the pipeline, if you can get them down to 60% where Inq is most effective, I feel like it's easier to stretch for 50% and just kill them.

-- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    The above was definitely true when I was still fighting 4~ months and beyond ago.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Aerek said:

It also doubles Focus mana cost, though a lot of folks won't Focus against a Priest in the first place, and the ones that do usually stop focusing on Inquisition.

Biggest problem with Inq is the EQ time, in my opinion. It's a huge, flashing neon sign to your opponent that they should GTFO, and with a 5-second EQ recovery, it's a huge hit to your momentum and I have plenty of time to run or even Tumble out before you can take advantage of it.

I haven't been Priest since the big Healing change-up, so I won't claim to be a Priest expert in the modern age, but I never used Inq when I was a Priest, and even with all the changes that have come through the pipeline, if you can get them down to 60% where Inq is most effective, I feel like it's easier to stretch for 50% and just kill them.

Yup. Add to the fact that real benefits come from adding a hellsight to the end of that, and you've got an 8 second+ window to escape. It's really not worth it. I just keep sapping, instead. Would be nice to rework this to be useful. I just don't know how.

Also, on a related note, serverside has made hellsight a bit less scary, I think. The afflictions are nigh on useless if you can't capitalise on them (which we can't, really). It was more just the OMG I'M SCREWED feeling of hellsight, which I don't really get now with excellent curing!

I used to make good use of Inquisition, but I really can't see it as even moderately useful anymore. It's too much of a hindrance to momentum, like Aerek said. Maybe if it worked like Vitrification does, where balance abilities cost mana to use for 45 seconds or something similar. The fact that it's cured away so easily is difficult to manage.

• Inquisition is amazing, except for the devo cost. Should get an aldar for the eq.

i'm a rebel

Anyone who doesn't run/Tumble through a wall on Inquisition is new at this, though. Might as well make your alias:

send("say to "..target.." Hey, I'm about to Absolve you.")
    send("perform inquisition "..target)

Other classes have similar "indicator" abilities that tip you off that they're about to own you, (Occultists' Cadmus/Hecate, Serpents' snap) but theirs don't have 5-second long EQ recoveries. Even with a Diadem, you're still looking at over 4 seconds.

I admit, I'm probably spoiled as a limb-prep class, who can just run every 10-15 seconds without losing my progress. Priests fighting other momentum classes probably have an easier time getting them down to the 60% range, but even if that's true and you can drain them back down before Inq ends, there is no reason for them to stick around and let you do it.

I'm not trying to be contrarian, if someone does know how to use Inq well, let me spar you or message me a setup, and I'll gladly eat my words. I have a soft spot for Priest (class of my youth) and want them to be good, so I do spend a fair bit of time trying to figure out good tactics for them to use, and I just don't see a good use for the ability. (Against knowledgeable, alert opponents.)

-- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Priest definitely has problems, but well-timed inquisition is not one of them. 

If inquisitioned, your balance is better spent in an attempt to force the priest to be defensive than trying to escape (unless you're using earrings/pathfinder/universe/some other lame crap). Piety + ease of having piety in adjacent means tumbling is just wasting time, unless you're tumbling out of hands of the grave or into pre-sketched wunjo/nairat. 

Afflictions are important to priest, and hellsight delivers them in abundance.

i'm a rebel

I'd have to be shown what you mean. Tumbling on Inq has saved me every time, without fail. I never fought you or Kellonius in your heyday, and that's a shame. I would have liked to.

Newest announce:

* INQUISITION (Devotion) equilibrium cost has been reduced.

\o/

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Someone post us some times! Preferably with QW, and then with QW and diadem both.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    I will when I get home tonight if no one else has yet.

With QW and without diadem the recovery is about 3.1 seconds.

With QW and a diadem the recovery is about 2.6 seconds.

• what is QW (is that a literal QW command) and .. diadem. is that artifact or something im missing on? thanks

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • QW is the Quick-Witted trait, diadem is the Aldar Diadem (or Aldar Talisman) artefact. Both speed up equilibrium recovery.

• ah ha, thanks. just was wondering about that. :)

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.