Shard weight tracker

I scripted an iconic shard weight tracker for Mudlet. Pretty simple but useful for knowing the shards you have and their approximate total weight.  The weights are as accurate as can be given the detail that can be had from probing them.

To install: Simply download the .xml file here and then import it using the Package Manager.

Usage: SHARDS will run the script and give you a detailed analysis of any iconic shards in your inventory, including a percentage of how much it will raise your Icon.
     SI will strengthen your icon when you are in its presence and continue to do so as long as you have shards and do not interrupt it.

This is a small screenshot of what the analysis printout looks like. Not flashy but gets the job done. http://pastehtml.com/view/c9kjf9i9r.html

Please let me know if there are any improvements you think can/should be added. If you find any bugs, drop me a message in-game or post here.  Feel free to share with anybody or modify it as you see fit, just give credit where it is due.  Enjoy.

Edit: Added a trigger to gag line for when you aren't wielding anything.

Comments

• I had something similar back when the Maldaathi still had an Icon. But that was under zmud and I am now gonna strip yours to build a fish weight tracker for myself :)

• I tried that. Just like this script, weights don't come out accurately.  Every shard has a hidden ounce value, even if you probe it, so the numbers get a little fuzzy when you get large amounts.  However, it's close enough to still be useful. I tried earlier with doing fish weights and it's a similar problem. You can do SELL HUGE FISH TO whoever and try to get weight/gold values but they come out to really ridiculous numbers. I asked Tecton if he could divulge the exact math but he said no. So, with small numbers of fish, you might be able to get close but no matter how many you have, it will still be a ballpark figure.
  • Hirst said:
    I tried that. Just like this script, weights don't come out accurately.  Every shard has a hidden ounce value, even if you probe it, so the numbers get a little fuzzy when you get large amounts.  However, it's close enough to still be useful. I tried earlier with doing fish weights and it's a similar problem. You can do SELL HUGE FISH TO whoever and try to get weight/gold values but they come out to really ridiculous numbers. I asked Tecton if he could divulge the exact math but he said no. So, with small numbers of fish, you might be able to get close but no matter how many you have, it will still be a ballpark
    What's the problem with ounces? For my shard and fish counting scripts, I just assumed that if the weight when you probe it doesn't show an ounce value, it's zero, and a pound is 16 ounces. Seems to be accurate for shards as close as I can guage it. I've never found a good weight-to-gold conversion for fish, but I assumed that was just me not knowing how the gold is calculated, not a problem with adding up the weights...
  • edited August 2012
    If a fish weighs 10 pounds and 5 ounces, for example, probing it will show that it weighs 10 pounds. Probing fish never shows both pounds and ounces for some reason. I assume shards have the same problem.
  • Looks like there's no need for this if you have enough vision, but still good if you don't have the ability.
  • Sena said:
    If a fish weighs 10 pounds and 5 ounces, for example, probing it will show that it weighs 10 pounds. Probing fish never shows both pounds and ounces for some reason. I assume shards have the same problem.
    Ounces show up on shards at least. I thought they did on fish, as well, but maybe you only see the ounces when you catch it, not when you probe it. I wrote my fish counter to count as I catch, rather than probing, so I probably missed the probing quirk.
  • Nemutaur said:
    Looks like there's no need for this if you have enough vision, but still good if you don't have the ability.
    Yeah, I just got owned by IRE. Oh well!
  • EldEld
    edited August 2012
    Well, now I'm confused.
    This strange-looking shard is made of a stone-like material and sports dull,
    chipped edges as if it had been cloven from a larger source. Power pulses in a
    thick cloud around it, giving off a soft blue glow of energy that crackles
    faintly. Inscribed upon the shard's smooth surface are many exotic, alloy-filled
    glyphs that glitter strangely with a light of their own.
    It has about a month of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 23 pounds.
    5368h, 3492m, 23761e, 17097w cexkdb-
    This strange-looking shard is made of a stone-like material and sports sharp,
    jagged edges as if it had been cloven from a larger source. Faint power pulses
    from it, giving off a soft white glow like an illuminated crystal. Inscribed
    upon the shard's smooth surface are many exotic, alloy-filled glyphs that
    glitter strangely with a light of their own.
    It has about a month of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 13 ounce(s).
    5368h, 3482m, 23761e, 17107w cexkdb-
    *************************[ Shards In Your Inventory ]**************************
    ID          Description                    Type     Weight (oz)  Months Left  
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    shard238258 a chipped iconic shard         chipped         382            1
    shard120008 a jagged iconic shard          jagged           29            1
    *******************************************************************************
    You are holding 2 shards with a total weight of 25 pounds and 11 ounces.

I guess ounces only sometimes show on probe.
  • It now shows the weight (in ounces) of said shards used post strengthening on ICONLOG though. Granted, not very helpful before strengthening/compressing.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Wysteria said:
    It now shows the weight (in ounces) of said shards used post strengthening on ICONLOG though. Granted, not very helpful before strengthening/compressing.
    And you can't yet strengthen an icon with fish.
  • You know I would seriously prefer strengthening with fish than having to hunt half of Sapience for shards...just seeing someone concentrate and hold up a fish to the Icon until it vaporizes into the thing would be hilarious.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• OceanaOceana North Sea

You take a longnose darter and place it in contact with a powerful Icon. The two begin to warm as you maintain them in constant contact.

You feel a momentary burst of energy as the fish in your hand is finally absorbed, increasing the power of the House Icon.

• SamakhulisSamakhulis Greeley, Colorado
    Oceana said:

You take a longnose darter and place it in contact with a powerful Icon. The two begin to warm as you maintain them in constant contact.

You feel a momentary burst of energy as the fish in your hand is finally absorbed, increasing the power of the House Icon.

Oh so THAT'S why I always smell bad when I come back from the icon ;)
    Remind me to dig out 1) my two parody contributions and 2) the Colorado 2014 photos! Both threads are gone, and I'm sad.

Star Wars COULD be boring...but it isn't. Here's why I don't tell people that I'm talking with an NPC. Oh, and I never actually met Ethaya, but her comics are absolutely amazing!!

Speaking of rare minerals: Defuperine - That candy coating that you find on the skin of overzealous adventurers who put on so many layers of defenses upon awakening that you wonder how they're able to move afterward.