New mobile theme for forums

I've switched up the mobile theme for the forums to present info more easily and more attractively on mobile. 

Notably, so that @Cooper doesn't have to figure out how to use mobile bookmarks, you can now just hit the icon in the upper left and then hit 'Recent Discussions'.

Hope you like it!

Comments

• Apart from the WTF moment as my forums looked different from one page of reading to the next and the fact that the agree/like/lol overlays are black and therefore impossible to see over the avatars, it looks awesome. 

Time to test and see if quotes actually work now. 

• I mostly like it. Reactions are hard to see though (I can't tell at all what a person's reaction is unless they have a blank white avatar or something), and on such a small screen the bars that appear along the top and bottom really get in the way. Other than those problems, it's nice.

• im just too busy laughing at the 'insightful' button.

Looks good so far! Hope I'll like it. :)

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

All these new buttons, but I just want my WTF back :cry: 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Thank you :)

(using mobile bookmarks would still be a PIT, this is much easier)

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth

Aside from what @Sena‌ said, my eyes can recognise the bolded threads with new posts from the previous theme more. I'm not sure if it's just the colour but I have to look harder even if the number of new posts is bolded. 

Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Maybe it is just my phone but this new theme hates landscape. the bar hangs when i scroll. Plus threads show who the OP is not who made the last post.
  • Looks good on iphone. No more hitting 'view full site" every time!

• I like it!

• Give me my wtf button back and we'll call it even.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

Even is a terrible name. Why not call it the fighting mongooses?

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • KyrraKyrra Australia

Can the recent discussion (and rest of the menu) please be accessible instead of that arrow that takes you back to other threads before allowing you access to the menu button to find the recent duscussions?

I bookmarking recent discussions is just going to be a whole lot less effort. I dislike that the highlighting of threads with new posts

is gone. I have to read through lots of tiny text on every thread to see if NEW is on the end. The fact it has the thread creator info is very confusing as the forums normally update with who the last poster was.

There's a giant black bar stuck in the middle of my screen, which I don't want. I miss having an easily accessible menu pane where I could access my inbox.

I admit that maybe after a week I might get used to this and it's potentially a better format. Oh hey, I posted a picture of that obnoxious black bar that wouldn't move and it's zoomed me automatically in the writing box, with botched sideways scrolling and I can't get out of it.

There's so much wrong with mobile forums. This is just lots more problems and all because of @Cooper :(

(D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• WessuxWessux Chattanooga

liking this version a lot. Also love the insightful button, like a lot.

Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • can we have the wtf button -and- the insightful button?

• Looks pretty cool to me.  Threw me off for a second when I logged in this morning, though.

• The layout is cleaner, but the functionality isn't there to get me to switch from the full site. Missing bolded thread with unread posts, and the last poster in the thread, and you can't see people's forum reactions to well. Its great that the recent discussions page is much more easily accessible though.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Sarapis said:

I've switched up the mobile theme for the forums to present info more easily and more attractively on mobile. 

Notably, so that @Cooper doesn't have to figure out how to use mobile bookmarks, you can now just hit the icon in the upper left and then hit 'Recent Discussions'.

Hope you like it!

You can use bookmarks on mobile? Holy shit.

• I've noticed that the "Insightful" button finds better use being used sarcastically. ;D

• CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas

I have a stupid question. If you change it from the mobile mode of the website...how do you change it back? Mine looks like the website on my laptop..

• "Back to Mobile Site" at the bottom of the page.

@Sarapis‌thank you! Totally didnt see that..

Haha! Yep! Apparently. Shouldnt post when I am tired..lol

• This is probably one of the better forum websites I have used in a while. Keep up the goodness!

edited July 2014
    I have an s4 and it feels like it cant catch up with my typing on the forums. Though of course it's proving me wrong now as make this post. Ha. But yeah. It was really bad the other day. Its still lagging a bit as I am typing now. Also..the first time I tried to make a post with the new one I had the displays invading my screen so I could barely see what I was typing and it was jerking all over the place. Not sure how to explain what was going on because it was weird. It's actually why I switched back to the desktop view for a bit. It was sort of wigging out.

• Same with my iPhone 5S.

• How the fuck do you view your own posts on mobile?

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Silas said:

How the fuck do you view your own posts on mobile?

No idea, but try composing messages to people. The text input box keeps disappearing while you're typing.

(D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."