HTML5 Client BEEP?

Is there any way in the HTML5 to have the system play a sound when a trigger occurs?  I am thinking about the sleeping times for example - I often go get a cuppa while my character is sleeping, and would like to know if I have to dash back quickly because I am now awake!

Comments

• Of course you can. Remember the HTML5 client supports Jquery.

• Except I have no idea what jquery is...  :)

• You will find the documentation there http://api.jquery.com/

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

@Sarapis, you are making me want to cheat on Mudlet a little bit.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I'm going to get awfully tired of hearing "Unforgetable"  :'(

• @Sarapis‌, you rock!  It would be awesome to incorporate a few sounds of one's own - think of all those wonderful special effects sounds - I gotta bind a Whoooosh!  sound to my dash keys.  :)

Thanks for having an open mind!

• Yeah, as I think about it, it'll be better to just let you guys upload your own sounds.

• This'll happen btw, but not right away. We just (as in just) started on a total graphical overhaul of the client and that'll keep our client dev resources busy for awhile.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

Oh good. I have time to break it off cleanly with Mudlet.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Sarapis said:

We just (as in just) started on a total graphical overhaul of the client and that'll keep our client dev resources busy for awhile.

This announce makes me drool.

• Sorry for the thread necro, but I was wondering if this did get implemented in the update, and if so, what the syntax is?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Not yet, I'm afraid! It's still on the list though!
  • Groovy.  Thanks for the quick answer Tecton!  Much appreciated.