New Bashing Changes!

Comments

• Shiro said:

There we are.

Lol didnt even notice that part of your post until now..Yeah im crying, turned off to Achaea right now, just idling

• - Occultist hunting damage through the Warp ability in Occultism and the Decay ability in Necromancy have been slightly decreased at low skill ranks and slightly increased at high skill ranks.

- The damage increase offered by increased skill rank in Occultism and Necromancy for Warp and Decay respectively is now calculated by the number of lessons you have learned in the skill rather than your current rank. This means that spending 15 lessons in Occultism will now increase the damage, whereas previously you had to learn up to a new rank (like Skilled -> Gifted) to see any damage increase.

How much of a difference in damage would 15 lessons make regarding denizens? Assuming it takes three or four hits, I don't imagine 15 lessons reducing that by one hit, otherwise 1700 lessons in would turn someone super-saiyan.

Could be completely wrong anyway.

• Pretty sure this is only the start, don't worry. Maybe they'll add instances or implement damage shift from lusternia/aetolia to make bashing more engaging.

• Sena said:
    Zuko said:

Free class change would have been nice, please consider Divine. 

Anybody have any idea what the best bashing classes are, top 3 maybe? All I know is Im really slow as a monk now T_T 

Since there are currently no numbers at all available, there's no way to tell. I suspect runewarden will probably be in the top 3 though, with good rapiers.

Aelios has already lost his shit about the increased bashing speed for runie.

• Yeah magi bashing used to be awful. The damage from staff cast was strictly worse than warp/decay on denizens.

• Oh that's just wonderful, after I become a Monk now .... >_>

I have Cerebral Palsy, so it'll take me a bit to learn things so please try to be patient with me.

• Stuneree said:
    - Occultist hunting damage through the Warp ability in Occultism and the Decay ability in Necromancy have been slightly decreased at low skill ranks and slightly increased at high skill ranks.

- The damage increase offered by increased skill rank in Occultism and Necromancy for Warp and Decay respectively is now calculated by the number of lessons you have learned in the skill rather than your current rank. This means that spending 15 lessons in Occultism will now increase the damage, whereas previously you had to learn up to a new rank (like Skilled -> Gifted) to see any damage increase.

How much of a difference in damage would 15 lessons make regarding denizens? Assuming it takes three or four hits, I don't imagine 15 lessons reducing that by one hit, otherwise 1700 lessons in would turn someone super-saiyan.

Tiny. The point is that every lesson now contributes to increasing the amount of damage you can deliver, instead of needing to wait, for instance, to spend all 448 lessons after Mythical to again get a damage boost by reaching Trans.

• AktillumAktillum Philippines

Can't figure out if my accentato damage went up or down. Get too many crits to tell. Halp I'm so confused.

Why'd Dragons get nerfed, ftr? You unlock them as a faster bashing class after spending zillions of hours bashing. Wat good are they now except DOR DRAGONROAR in group PvE.

• Santar said:

Just did some testing on the new changes and here's one thing I can confirm:

Dragon gut now kills a denizen in the same amount of attacks as a 70 damage whip garroting(ridicuously low stat on a whip), and they have about the same balance time.  Takes 13 guts to kill a sidhe knight now, as well 13 [low-damage whip] garrotes.

:(

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited July 2014
    Santar said:

Just did some testing on the new changes and here's one thing I can confirm:

Dragon gut now kills a denizen in the same amount of attacks as a 70 damage whip garroting(ridicuously low stat on a whip), and they have about the same balance time.  Takes 13 guts to kill a sidhe knight now, as well 13 [low-damage whip] garrotes.

I could already kill things much easier as a shaman than a dragon (and I still can even post-swiftcurse nerf). This change is terrible. I can't even begin to fathom what the roleplay reason for dragons suddenly becoming weaker than a rajamalan shaman in terms of their bashing capability might be. 

That said - if for some classes weaponry increases hunting ability, ie. speed, strength of hits, etc., how does it reconcile that the one thing shamans have to help with that (the artefact swiftcurse pendant) is now not as useful? In the same way, how can a jester possibly bash now without a Level 3 blackjack. I just can't imagine it.

• I guess im glad I only paid for 1 month for elite, this is some BS.

I have Cerebral Palsy, so it'll take me a bit to learn things so please try to be patient with me.

• How do I turn off notifications for this thread? Halp!

• Saeva said:

Looking like you and Crixos are getting shafted on this one.

• YaeYae
    edited July 2014

http://forums.achaea.com/profile/preferences uncheck relevant box

Yudhishthira went Greater Dragon and can beat up Maklak, meanwhile we get nerfed. :open_mouth: 

Though, I'm only basing that on the comments on the thread. I haven't really tried bashing denizens yet.

If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • Aegoth said:
    How do I turn off notifications for this thread? Halp!

Profile (click your account name up the top) -> edit profile -> notification preferences -> uncheck whichever boxes to receive notifications for discussions (threads you've created), bookmarked discussions (as set by clicking the star next to a thread on the subforum thread lists), or discussions you've participated in.

• Stuneree said:
    Saeva said:

Looking like you and Crixos are getting shafted on this one.

I don't feel specifically victimized due to the fact that dragon was so recently attained. That's just my general luck in life quite often. I just think that if what Santar posted is about right... and that dragons aren't really any better at killing things than some or most other -lesser- races... well, just bummer is all. I mean you're a flipping dragon for pete's sake. You're a giant clawed and toothed beasty! You should be superior at hunting. I know there are plenty of reasons to continue to gain dragon for other reasons regardless. I just don't bash in dragon for xp, so getting more xp doesn't really lessen the sting of moving more slowly again. Well it was fun while it lasted all of a few weeks.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN

Top three from the looks of it so far

1.Runewarden

2. Paladin

3. Infernal

Since knight bashing was already pretty nice to start with.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited July 2014

According to my testing with 20 strength 62/239 and a 70/243 rapier my bashing dps is 334.444444 repeating.

Which was higher than runebladed rapiers before changes.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

Man, to think I was considering changing to Monk for better bashing. Glad I didn't go through with that, even though apparently BM got a good bit of the bullet to bite as well. Hopefully a band will make up for it.

• I hate you @Blujixapug. My roommate gave me a weird look because I said, and I quote, "P-p-p-Piiiirates!?" and then spent the next 10 minutes combing announce posts :frowning: 

• The dragon debuff is weird, I think they should be better bashers than all the other classes, and that's speaking as someone who is level 88 (87? Maybe 88? I don't even know) who will likely never be one. 

• edited July 2014
    Melodie said:
    Unartied Sylvan is about the same speed as dragon, both damage and speed-wise (seemingly - I don't have exact numbers)

Working on the post now, but yes, 17 int thornrend is slightly worse DPS than 18 str gut, 19 int thornrend is the same DPS as 18 str gut, thronrend with diadem or collar is a lot better than gut.

Edit: I actually had the speed wrong on gut, it's a bit faster than I thought. Still, unartied thornrend is almost as good as gut, artied thornrend is a lot better than gut.

• Saeva said:

I don't feel specifically victimized due to the fact that dragon was so recently attained. That's just my general luck in life quite often. I just think that if what Santar posted is about right... and that dragons aren't really any better at killing things than some or most other -lesser- races... well, just bummer is all. I mean you're a flipping dragon for pete's sake. You're a giant clawed and toothed beasty! You should be superior at hunting. I know there are plenty of reasons to continue to gain dragon for other reasons regardless. I just don't bash in dragon for xp, so getting more xp doesn't really lessen the sting of moving more slowly again. Well it was fun while it lasted all of a few weeks.

What doesn't make sense to me is that I was under the impression that Dragon was kind of an "end of the bashing grind goal" sort of deal, so making it less effective than many classes seems like the only difference between level 85 and 100 is HP/MP/END/WP, which many don't bother with anyway. If stats are now the only reason to go past the 80 bracket, I'll probably be stopping there.

• Speaking as a none dragon as well, I think they should be rebuffed. Its not fair for all those who worked so hard to be one, and then get the strength taken away. Its okay that they were OP, thats the whole drive to become one!