New Bashing Changes!

edited July 2014 in North of Thera
Discuss here!

Comments

• Figures Serpent gets buffs right as I'm about to leave it.

• Did they seriously just nerf bop damage? FFS!

• KayeilKayeil Washington State

:'(:(

What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• EiredhelEiredhel California
    Arditi said:
    Figures Serpent gets buffs right as I'm about to leave it.

It's a sign, don't leave us D:

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• AlaricAlaric Canada

there goes my shaman bashing.. and right when i come back to the game too

Cahin said:
    Obliterate was a fair and balanced ability and it's removal from puppetry and vodun should have been a crime.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    edited July 2014
    Arditi said:

bug The dexterity change for serpent garrote speed does not scale wide enough and is too slow. With 19 dexterity the average balance time is 3

.3-3.5 seconds. With 16 dexterity it was 3.1-3.2s. A "decent" forged whip with 180 speed gave me around 2.8 seconds garrote before these changes. Therefore I think the balance should start at the 3 second range for 11

12 dex, and scale as low as 2.2s for 17+ dex (which I believe was the L3 lash speed). Also - because dexterity and not whip speed stats affect garrote now, it should be possible for serpents to trade their artefact

lashes for the equivalent artefact whip (they are the same prices at each level) and then stop selling the lashes because if dexterity is the only scaling factor, the lashes no longer have any value.

Thank you. Your bug, bug #13611, has been submitted.

Edit: these figures were not extensively tested to get them exact. Serpents - please do some of your own tests on this. 3+ second garrotes at 19 dexterity should NOT be happening. that's waaaaaaay too slow.

• I'm just going to say this:

Whoever thought increasing a priest's smite damage at trans and decreasing a jesters bop at trans has to be confused about how jesters bash.

• Welp, there goes my bashing. And here I thought my bashing was already weak, then it's made weaker. 

Mishgul wanted Jesus to fix my banner. Neither of us could get it right :(

• @Cathy - do you mean 'a bit ago' as in like...4-5 years ago when they were nerfed, or were they nerfed again after that? (Sidhe used to be ~23k per round, it was around 11k last I tracked it roughly 6 months ago).

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited July 2014

@Cooper - I thought they nerfed gold drops earlier this RL year. 

• Paging @Sena for new numbers.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp

My previous post regarding garrote speed affects adventurers only. Garroting denizens is much much faster. So it seems lashes still have value afterall which is great. I still think the garrote vs. adventurer speed should be faster, however.

• Serpent damage op

• edited July 2014
    Cynlael said:

Paging @Sena for new numbers.

That will probably take a while, since it requires the help of other people. If anyone wants to help, or just find out how much their attacks do now, I can provide a falcon for testing.

Alternatively, someone could give me 2600 credits so I can trans every bashing skill and test them all (including the lesson scaling, so I'd have numbers from newbie to trans) with just the help of one person with a falcon.

• I wonder how much they've considered utility powers (movement, healing, etc.) @Penwize might have had an OP set of wings, but the average monk cannot move about nearly as quickly as the average serpent.
  • Magi bashing is so fast now. Love it

• Ffs....12 years of bashing and still not dragon and now bm get a nerf in the arse.  *weeps*  Should offer a free class change.

• Drastically decreasing dragon damage or basing it on strength... well.... that's depressing as shit.

• Right in the feels.  I assumed since nobody else brought it up that it had to be true, Pirates were a verifiable class, got super excited...  and then reality happened.

Blujixapug said:

Pirates
    ---------

- The damage against denizens done by cutlasses and bludgeons via the Brawling skill has been moderately increased at high skill ranks. These attacks no longer have a chance to miss against denizens.

• Plus side, at least Magi is a better basher now? 

• Triak said:

I haven't tried anything out (so I hope this isn't too reactionary) but I'm not a strong advocate of nerfs using the words "drastic and greatly".  Personally, if X is found to be a lot better than Y I think the solution is to bring Y up to X and not X down to Y.  People who have been using a class for a while are going to find these changes miserable while other ecstatic.

aka the Starcraft: Broodwar approach, not the Starcraft 2 failure.

• Strata said:
    Arditi said:

bug The dexterity change for serpent garrote speed does not scale wide enough and is too slow. With 19 dexterity the average balance time is 3

.3-3.5 seconds. With 16 dexterity it was 3.1-3.2s. A "decent" forged whip with 180 speed gave me around 2.8 seconds garrote before these changes. Therefore I think the balance should start at the 3 second range for 11

12 dex, and scale as low as 2.2s for 17+ dex (which I believe was the L3 lash speed). Also - because dexterity and not whip speed stats affect garrote now, it should be possible for serpents to trade their artefact

lashes for the equivalent artefact whip (they are the same prices at each level) and then stop selling the lashes because if dexterity is the only scaling factor, the lashes no longer have any value.

Thank you. Your bug, bug #13611, has been submitted.

Edit: these figures were not extensively tested to get them exact. Serpents - please do some of your own tests on this. 3+ second garrotes at 19 dexterity should NOT be happening. that's waaaaaaay too slow.

Nowhere in the post did it say that a whip's speed stat doesn't affect garrote speed. It seems that if you have a lash, you will attack faster but not hit as hard (as damage seems to make more of a difference now?).

Lash with high dex should be very quick, I'd imagine. They said the damage stat matters more now, but not that speed doesn't. Just my two cents.

• Tbh it makes sense that gut is fully strength based now.

Lol free class change.

Lots of jerky knees all around, but this thread is suspiciously bereft of buttery monk tears.

• Free class change would have been nice, please consider Divine. 

Anybody have any idea what the best bashing classes are, top 3 maybe? All I know is Im really slow as a monk now T_T 

• There we are.

• Zuko said:

Free class change would have been nice, please consider Divine. 

Anybody have any idea what the best bashing classes are, top 3 maybe? All I know is Im really slow as a monk now T_T 

Since there are currently no numbers at all available, there's no way to tell. I suspect runewarden will probably be in the top 3 though, with good rapiers.