Disappearing Gold

I know myself as well as others have posted logs of proof of gold absolutely disappearing without reason.

I also realize this bug/issue was brought to the attention of the administration during the time of the recent meet, so it may have been less than curable.

Could we get a status update? Is that gold gone for good?

Thanks.

@Tecton @Sarapis

Comments

• Yea I've been purchasing credits -- even at higher amounts than I would usually -- after each bashing trip because I'm paranoid now.

Lost ~85k in one go, and had a full log of me putting it in my bags as I was logging out, the client successfully disconnecting, logging back in, ~1-2 minutes of chat/movement spam in guardhouse in Mhaldor (guards aplenty), moving to moghedu without pauses to buy steel, trying to take gold out, and it being gone.

Literally no way it could have been stolen, dropped, whatever.

• Hmm, hadn't heard of this before, but now I know there's a tiny chance that I'm not going crazy wondering where my gold went.

• I hope I'm okay.  Sort of glad I'm actually using banks these days for the bulk of my liquid assets.  I love the percentage rates we have now.  

• Maklak strikes back!

• Cooper said:

Hmm, hadn't heard of this before, but now I know there's a tiny chance that I'm not going crazy wondering where my gold went.

I would've assumed I had just been robbed or idle or something of an outlying nature in terms of plausible reasons, and written it off.

However, I left the mudlet window open from the night before when I disconnected, and upon logging in had the entire sequence in front of me, so it was irrefutable.

• I sadly don't have the logs myself, or at least nothing precise, but yes, I lost around 175k from this bug one morning. Could not have been thieved from in my own bed, wife is a monk.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

I experienced this early last month, but just attributed it to me being careless and leaving gold out when qq'ing, until I realized you don't drop gold when you qq, only if you die, and my pack hand't decayed. Had about 120k in my pack one day, then after a few days later came back and it was gone. 

• Same I was in Hashan and had around 32k vanish from me while I was sitting in the post office. Everyone just told me it was @Rip

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!

I've had a few thousand disappear from my bank account in Eleusis, nowhere near the quantities you guys are takling about though.

• Also I have an artefact pack. No chance of decay.

• Halios said:

Also I have an artefact pack. No chance of decay.

Gold Decays?

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Vyktoria said:
    Halios said:

Also I have an artefact pack. No chance of decay.

Gold Decays?

I believe he means the pack decaying!

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Daeir said:
    Has anyone BUG'd this ingame?

I believe people have. But it seems the world bankers are completely ignoring the problem. I mean... Look at the credit market. It's obvious we're on the brink of a huge economic collapse.

• Ahhh @Makarios‌ and @Ourania‌ are both on it.

Although @Strata‌ may be onto something.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Makarios On 5/06/22:01
    Never trust the bankers!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• It's the Achaean government taxing your gold to boost the credit economy.

• Mithridates said:

It's the Achaean government taxing your gold to boost the credit economy.

Thanks alot @Amabokarab!

It's the Achaean government taxing your gold to boost the credit economy.

Lies! Enough with these bail-outs! We need to fix the deficits NOW. ANARRRCHYYYYYYYYY!@%$!@$!@%

• It's not for a bailout, it's for artificial stimulation brought on by government subsidies to the credit market, resulting in inflated costs.  I tell you, when the bubble bursts, and all these people that invest their gold in credits suddenly become misers, you'll realize I'm right. 

It's not for a bailout, it's for artificial stimulation brought on by government subsidies to the credit market, resulting in inflated costs.  I tell you, when the bubble bursts, and all these people that invest their gold in credits suddenly become misers, you'll realize I'm right. 

Whatever dude. Alex Jones said there's going to be internment camps all over the Ithmias and the Vashnars. Anyone who shows signs of resistance to the new world order will be sniped in the back of the head with voyria arrows. I believe him because he was right about the Reckoning being rigged for Targossas+Eleusis to win. It's obvious this is not really a BUG - there is a cabal of highly sophisticated criminals that are stealing our gold while we sleep and using it to fund both sides of raids between cities such as Ashtan vs. Targossas and Mhaldor vs. Eleusis. They are doing all of this to manipulate us into conformity and obedience to their new world order. WAKE UP PEOPLE.

• LucineLucine Utah
    edited July 2014
    Strata said:
    It's not for a bailout, it's for artificial stimulation brought on by government subsidies to the credit market, resulting in inflated costs.  I tell you, when the bubble bursts, and all these people that invest their gold in credits suddenly become misers, you'll realize I'm right. 

Whatever dude. Alex Jones said there's going to be internment camps all over the Ithmias and the Vashnars. Anyone who shows signs of resistance to the new world order will be sniped in the back of the head with voyria arrows. I believe him because he was right about the Reckoning being rigged for Targossas+Eleusis to win. It's obvious this is not really a BUG - there is a cabal of highly sophisticated criminals that are stealing our gold while we sleep and using it to fund both sides of raids between cities such as Ashtan vs. Targossas and Mhaldor vs. Eleusis. They are doing all of this to manipulate us into conformity and obedience to their new world order. WAKE UP PEOPLE.

Alex Jones is a false flag, don't trust anything he says.  He just wants all  your credits so he can buy himself a veil.

• WAKE UP SHEEPLE

• Man, wake up people. It ain't no bug. It's just your new thieving pro. This is my pack at the moment.

• Wow, I thought I was just tired and misremembering how much I had a couple times. Glad to know I am not completely nuts.

• About a month or so ago i had about 40k disappear on me. Thought I might've been robbed, but no snaps to take gold out or remove selfishness.

I thought it might have been @Hanley ninja robbing me, bit I asked him OOC out of simple curiosity and he said no.

• Well, this thread makes me feel less worried I have a hole in my pack and am just shedding gold like some sort of alchemist pinata... 

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!

I keep losing 200g out of my bank account too. Once every two days or so. Getting a little old, granted it's only 200, but that adds up!