Corpse Handling Implementation

The corpse handling changes were a step in the right direction, but they're flawed in implementation.  This thread is to discuss the new corpse handling system and hopefully get some relevant issues resolved.

The good - We can now handle corpses with much more convenience as far as transferring them to other players, defiling, sanctifying, picking them up off the ground, etc etc.  That's all good stuff, and much preferred over the past tedium.

However.

The bad - PvP corpses are now lumped together with denizen corpses. This makes it absolutely insufferable to try to pick these up, drop them, pass them around, decap them, resurrect them or whatever else since you have to use the number to single them out.

Ideal solution: Allow "corpse" to be used as a tag for all possible corpses still. However, allow a 'dcorpse' and 'pcorpse' option to be used to refer to denizen and player corpses respectively. For example, if I wanted to drop a player corpse to decapitate, I could just do "drop pcorpse", instead of having to drop all my corpses, or single one out by number.

Comments

• EzykielEzykiel Village of Eleusis

corpse for denizen and body for player corpses

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Ezykiel said:

corpse for denizen and body for player corpses

This is the case already, yep!

• edited July 2014

Does 'body' actually work as is? If so, that's a pretty good solution, though only a half-solution. Never knew body was a valid tag.

Corpse would still apply for player corpses and denizen corpses as well, though. Strictly separating them so that player corpses aren't tagged as corpse, but as body, and that denizen corpses are only tagged as corpse, could be a good solution. This grouping issue is less of an issue than the other problem in most scenarios, though.

It's probably more or less fine as is, though, given the forthcoming knowledge in the last two posts. 

• RyldaghRyldagh Ontario, Canada

Another fun and handy thing would be to allow reference to a player corpse similarly to a puppet or doll.

"get {Ryldagh}" to get a doll or corpse of Ryldagh, etc.

'eh?  :smiley: