Remembrance day/Memorial day

LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
edited November 2012 in The Universal Membrane
Regardless of where you live, take a few minutes out of your day to think of all those gone before, and to give thanks to those who fight in our militaries this day.

Their sacrifices and work let us live the lives we enjoy.
The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."

Comments

• I know we have quite a few players who are/have served in their country's military. I may not always agree with the reason for the wars themselves, but I've never stopped supporting the bravery of the people who serve willingly. Major kudos and thanks again for all you do!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Our color guard team for the Coast Guard was in a Veteran's Day parade this weekend, and a number of much older veterans approached us afterwards thanking us for our service. These were guys that had been in conflicts as far back as Korea and Vietnam. Most had purple heart badges, and some, with missing arms and wheelchairs. We were blown away by their selflessness and heart even now. We thanked them, instead, for their amazing service.

A hearty thank you to my fellow brothers and sisters serving around the world.

(Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • From friends I've known past, to brothers I've had die. I believe myself a fortunate soul. To anyone that takes a moment to remember all who has served, no matter what race, country, origin, or anything else, I thank you. I know those silent in the graves will send their thanks as well.

Damn you all, you say just a few words and I get all weepy.

RIP
    Brundage "B-time"
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Absolutely, thank you all for your service and sacrifice. Happy Veteran's Day!